Who here is NOT a football fan?

BobRex

Re: Who here is NOT a football fan?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Feb 2011, 06:59 pm »
In my entire 52 years on this planet I've only ever watched 1 football game, maybe 3 basketball games (not counting the Globetrotters), and a handful of hockey games.  I'll watch golf, skiing, some baseball, and formula 1, and the occasional bike race, but that's about it.

I know a pro footballer (high school hero, Penn State hero, at least 2 Super Bowls, broadcaster, GM for the Lions (I beleive).)  I've known him since 8th grade and in a debate with a squirrel, even if you knocked the squirrel out, the footballer would lose big time.  His greatest attribute was to be able to plow through a bunch of other guys, head first.

Ryan45872

« Reply #21 on: 6 Feb 2011, 07:09 pm »
I don't watch much football either. I like the game but I can't stand how much money someone is making, for a sport?  Some guys I know at work act like it somehow its going to change the world if their team don't win.
There is to much time & money spent on a completely worthless game.
Ryan

geezer

« Reply #22 on: 6 Feb 2011, 07:15 pm »
I used to be a big fan of baseball and football but years ago I was turned off by changes in the games and especially the behavior of the players.

I still like to play softball, otherwise, the only sport I still play and like to watch on TV is golf.

mjosef

« Reply #23 on: 6 Feb 2011, 07:54 pm »
Not a fan, and since I didn't get invited to any SB party, I will most likely not be watching. Who's playing the halftime? Maybe I try and catch that, if the musician appeals to me.

JakeJ

« Reply #24 on: 6 Feb 2011, 08:05 pm »
+1.  Haven't followed any pro sports in over twenty years.  Also haven't had a paid-for broadcast feed in that same period of time (unless it was on when I moved in).  And, notably, I can't get Fox over the air.  Triple anti-sports whammy!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 6 Feb 2011, 08:10 pm »
Who's playing the halftime? Maybe I try and catch that, if the musician appeals to me.

Black Eyed Peas

mjosef

« Reply #26 on: 6 Feb 2011, 09:45 pm »
Heh...I'll pass, the peas.
 :roll:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

TONEPUB

« Reply #28 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:01 pm »
Me neither.  Love F1, but no time for that either it seems!

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #29 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:03 pm »
Pro football - no thanks.

College football - ok, a bit.

Bastketball, baseball, pro or college - no thanks

Hockey - yep, mainly because my wife loves it and we live in Detroit (no other team here besides the Red Wings worth watching)

Funny, most of the people I know watching the Super Bowl and who will be talking about it tomorrow are interested mainly in the ads and halftime show.

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #30 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:07 pm »
I'd rather watch Rugby and not know what the hell is going on, to be honest.

On second thought, this works a little better for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhelNuZTYEk&feature=related

When I'm bored and can't find anything to watch (after flipping through hundreds of crap channels), I'll sometimes watch the MMA fights from UFC or whatever. I'm not sure if human cock-fighting qualifies as a sport, but it serves as some sort of primeval entertainment, nonetheless.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #31 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm »

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #32 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:51 pm »
Football is okay and a game is a good way to kill some time but all 3 of my TVs have been unplugged for the past two years. 
I'll get them hooked up again sooner or later but I don't think that I've missed very much.

Pez

« Reply #33 on: 6 Feb 2011, 11:18 pm »
Wow, I didn't hink I'd get this much response! Yes I too have never liked any sports. Football, baseball, basketball nope! I have played sports before in my life. Soccer which I know despise beyond compare.

Also it's not that I'm unatheltic, quite to the contrary! I'm a 3rd degree black belt in Kendo and that is no easy feat. I guess for me in general I dislike team sports. Golf is Ok, but I still am not a fan.

Anyway hope those who are fans have a great time with the game today. Hope your team (whoever they are) wins.  :lol:

JackD201

« Reply #34 on: 6 Feb 2011, 11:57 pm »
I'm from a country where Football is Soccer and the game you call Football is called "American Football". I like team sports American Football included but I prefer sports that are one on one contact sports. Boxing and MMA are my favorites. When it comes to team sports I'll only watch come play-off time and skip pretty much the entire regular seasons. Funny enough given the first sentence, Soccer is something I am not a fan of unless it's the World Cup.

I watch Golf on occasion because I play it (10.0 index) but even in Golf I prefer to watch matchplay events and only follow stroke play if it's a major.

MaxCast

« Reply #35 on: 7 Feb 2011, 12:13 am »
For you guys not watching, it's 14-0 Pack   :dance:

orthobiz

« Reply #36 on: 7 Feb 2011, 12:33 am »
Me.
Not a fan.

Paul

rockadanny

« Reply #37 on: 7 Feb 2011, 01:37 am »
No longer a fan. Way, way too many years suffering with the Detroit Lions killed my interest.
But I do watch some of the playoffs and Superbowl. Some of it.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #38 on: 7 Feb 2011, 01:42 am »

Not my action either, Pez. I did just catch the half-time show when I got home from the gym.
Meh...

D.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #39 on: 7 Feb 2011, 02:37 am »
I have a kind of love/hate relationship with football.  On the one hand I can easily see that it's become a gigantic corporate entity, with the millionaire players and billionaire owners squabbling over the cut of the pie.  I dislike the way that the officiating makes some of the games look fixed.  It annoys me to see flags thrown for actually having fun in the No Fun League (eg spiking in the end zone, some assclown pulling a marker out of his sock, etc)- it's not like they're hurting anyone.  The single biggest thing that annoys me is the current hand-wringing and debate over the violence of the game. 

On the other hand, if my team is doing well I generally follow it closely all season, watching as many games as I'm able...although with my schedule lately that's not many.

I don't have the game on since I loathe both teams but it's still the Super Bowl, so I've been checking the score online every half hour or so.  And no, I can't comprehend why anyone would tune in deliberately to watch advertisements. :scratch:  The few times I do watch anything via live TV I always mute the ads.  And the Black Eyed Peas?  I have a sinking feeling that's actually the name of a band. :duh: