Awfully Quiet In Here. . .

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Awfully Quiet In Here. . .
« on: 3 Nov 2010, 09:50 pm »
Hopefully that mean's Jim is working hard on my SS10s!!!

:green:

R Swerdlow

Re: Awfully Quiet In Here. . .
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2010, 12:52 am »

They're done!  We're all at the big party now playing them EXTREMELY LOUD!  (I never knew rap could sound so good.)  Didn't you get the invitation?

... ... Hey!  Don't put that wet beer bottle there!!  :o :o :o

catastrofe

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2010, 11:53 am »
They're done!  We're all at the big party now playing them EXTREMELY LOUD!  (I never knew rap could sound so good.)  Didn't you get the invitation?

Well, at least they'll be broken in. . .:D

fsimms

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2010, 01:20 pm »

I’m one of the few people that can tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Hang in there; it is well worth the wait!  I wonder if the delay is due to the problem they had with the last batch of woofers.

Bob

Saturn94

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2010, 01:48 pm »

:lol: :lol:

highfilter

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2010, 04:33 pm »

Haha, yours and mine both! I placed my order 1 day before you.  :)

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 4 Nov 2010, 05:33 pm »
You guys are in for a RAAL treat (yes, I misspelled "real" on purpose :))! I sat down for a couple hours with the SS12's at RMAF, and in my opinion nothing touches them in their price range.  The only two speakers that were as good or better cost 20K+ (Vandersteen 7's and Dynaudio C3's).  Oh, and the front end driving those other two speakers cost more than the speakers themselves, with the gear in the Vandersteen room passing 100K, so...  The "Iris Room," which is where Salk and Empirical were showing, hands down wins the best room for bang for your buck, not to mention the "best in show" from The Absolute Sound (Awesome!!!).  Neither company tries to rip you off or overcharge and they offer a ton of sound quality for your money.  Although I would have liked to hear the SS's with some tube action.

Hang in there boys; the wait IS worth it.

catastrofe

« Reply #7 on: 4 Nov 2010, 10:52 pm »
You guys are in for a RAAL treat (yes, I misspelled "real" on purpose :))! I sat down for a couple hours with the SS12's at RMAF, and in my opinion nothing touches them in their price range.  The only two speakers that were as good or better cost 20K+ (Vandersteen 7's and Dynaudio C3's).  Oh, and the front end driving those other two speakers cost more than the speakers themselves, with the gear in the Vandersteen room passing 100K, so...  The "Iris Room," which is where Salk and Empirical were showing, hands down wins the best room for bang for your buck, not to mention the "best in show" from The Absolute Sound (Awesome!!!).  Neither company tries to rip you off or overcharge and they offer a ton of sound quality for your money.  Although I would have liked to hear the SS's with some tube action.

Hang in there boys; the wait IS worth it.
I'll be driving mine with NAT Audio Generators. . .:D

fsimms

« Reply #8 on: 4 Nov 2010, 11:57 pm »
I'll be driving mine with NAT Audio Generators. . .  :D

Kewl!  I tried my SS10’s with my Fisher tube 35 watt receiver and it worked well at a modest volume.  The bass was even tight!  I am looking forward to your report on how your SS’s work with the NAT’s.

Bob

strat95

« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2010, 10:46 pm »
So I was trying to find more info on Empirical components and could only find a DAC and a couple other devices.  What was the setup exactly in the Iris room?

Thanks,

TV

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #10 on: 6 Nov 2010, 12:48 am »

highfilter

« Reply #11 on: 17 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm »
Well, it's not going to be quiet for much longer! My SS10's are shipping out tomorrow.  :D

catastrofe, you won't be far behind. Get ready. :)

catastrofe

« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:00 am »
Well, it's not going to be quiet for much longer! My SS10's are shipping out tomorrow.  :D

catastrofe, you won't be far behind. Get ready. :)

We need pictures!  If I have mine for Christmas I'll be happy!