The Great WyWires Eastern US Cable Tour is about to start...

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Re: The Great WyWires Eastern US Cable Tour is about to start...
« Reply #80 on: 20 Apr 2011, 12:00 am »
Gene,

Just back from the post office and a shiny new Juice II is coming to you. This one has the ATL brass plugs that are way better than the Marinco or Wattgates you now have. Hopefully this one will work and it's a newer design. I guess I missed your post while I was gone.

Alex
No prob, I'll plug it in and start the burn in for next person.

Done with SACD and Vinyl, writing up results, last thing is my cdp, and I'm home from this Friday to Monday, so this shouldn't drag out so long. You can send me the name and address of next person by this Sunday.

TooManyToys

« Reply #81 on: 22 Apr 2011, 09:22 pm »
.... I had to take a really expensive Furutech off the cord I made for the Oppo BDP-83 and use a relatively cheap Schurter.  .......

While the Schurters are inexpensive, they have a high grip force and large contact area.

etcarroll

« Reply #82 on: 25 Apr 2011, 09:45 pm »
I'm wrapping up, and the box goes out to jrg4785 tomorrow, I'll forward the FedEx tracking # when I get it.

Alex - I'm stumped on one thing, need your input, how much break in time do you think is needed for a Juice II cable? I ask as I want to buy the Juice II you sent me with ATL brass plug, but I've spent the last hour going head to head with one of the cables already in the cable tour box, and I have to give the nod, albeit a slight nod, to the older cable. Could a lack of break in time be the issue?

To refresh, this is with the power cables plugged into my EAR 834P phono pre with a trio of early '60s Mullard tubes, other end running into a PS Quintet power conditioner.

Gene

Gene,

Just back from the post office and a shiny new Juice II is coming to you. This one has the ATL brass plugs that are way better than the Marinco or Wattgates you now have. Hopefully this one will work and it's a newer design. I guess I missed your post while I was gone.

Alex

wywires

« Reply #83 on: 25 Apr 2011, 09:57 pm »
I'm wrapping up, and the box goes out to jrg4785 tomorrow, I'll forward the FedEx tracking # when I get it.

Alex - I'm stumped on one thing, need your input, how much break in time do you think is needed for a Juice II cable? I ask as I want to buy the Juice II you sent me with ATL brass plug, but I've spent the last hour going head to head with one of the cables already in the cable tour box, and I have to give the nod, albeit a slight nod, to the older cable. Could a lack of break in time be the issue?

To refresh, this is with the power cables plugged into my EAR 834P phono pre with a trio of early '60s Mullard tubes, other end running into a PS Quintet power conditioner.

Gene

Gene, Usually the Juice II needs a minimum of 80 to 100 hours to gain it's stripes. However, there have been a couple of people who still prefer the original Juice, but most people feel that the II is significantly better. Some have said that the difference is slight. That may also have to do with the EAR 834 sounding better with the original and the II may perform differently in a different component.

etcarroll

« Reply #84 on: 25 Apr 2011, 10:01 pm »
OK - not close to 80 hours, and I believe in the break in, heck, almost threw the EAR out when I put the Mullards in, took a week before I started to hear the improvement over the stock tubes. And both PCs sound better than the PC I was using, that will be in my writeup.

wywires

« Reply #85 on: 25 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm »
OK - not close to 80 hours, and I believe in the break in, heck, almost threw the EAR out when I put the Mullards in, took a week before I started to hear the improvement over the stock tubes. And both PCs sound better than the PC I was using, that will be in my writeup.

Also, It's fairly easy for me to change a I to a II or back. The only cost is shipping + $30.

Sam-fi

« Reply #86 on: 26 Apr 2011, 09:55 pm »
Is it much too late for this?

Thanks,
Sam

wywires

« Reply #87 on: 26 Apr 2011, 10:23 pm »
Is it much too late for this?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Got your email a few minutes ago. I'll put you down on the list...It's never too late. The tours will be moving along a little quicker now that there are two sets of cables on the East coast.

Alex

etcarroll

« Reply #88 on: 28 Apr 2011, 09:02 pm »
I've finished my review and posted it in the Cable Review section since no one veto'd my suggestion that it was most appropriately presented that way.  You can read it here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=92136.new#new

Just put my review up here as well.

Looks like box was delivered to next tester at 2pm today, or at least to the mailroom.

etcarroll

« Reply #89 on: 28 Apr 2011, 09:03 pm »
Also, It's fairly easy for me to change a I to a II or back. The only cost is shipping + $30.

Alex -

What did you change in Juice II over Juice I?

wywires

« Reply #90 on: 28 Apr 2011, 09:10 pm »
I'll email you the answer.  Thanks Gene for taking the time to write up the review and for making the effort to really dig into the qualities plus and minus of the cables. Well done!

Alex

Nick77

« Reply #91 on: 3 Jun 2011, 04:41 pm »
Just curious, any new updates from the tour?   8)

etcarroll

« Reply #92 on: 3 Jun 2011, 05:00 pm »
Alex - You got pm.

I'll email you the answer.  Thanks Gene for taking the time to write up the review and for making the effort to really dig into the qualities plus and minus of the cables. Well done!

Alex

tonyptony

« Reply #93 on: 3 Jun 2011, 11:02 pm »
Alex, am I still on for the BNC digital cable tour? I hadn't heard back from you, but figured you must be busy.

wywires

« Reply #94 on: 4 Jun 2011, 03:44 pm »
Alex, am I still on for the BNC digital cable tour? I hadn't heard back from you, but figured you must be busy.

Tony, we are at THE Show this weekend so I'll have your BNC out to you on Monday. Been very busy prepping for this event. On Friday we had over 1500 attendees and 3000 expected on Saturday.

Alex

tonyptony

« Reply #95 on: 4 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm »
No problem Alex.  You gotta worry about big business as well as small. :)

wywires

« Reply #96 on: 13 Jun 2011, 07:48 pm »
The East coast box is ready to move on to victim #14, Kevin T. in Alabama. Kevin, Please email me with your shipping details. Thanks,

Alex

kgturner

« Reply #97 on: 13 Jun 2011, 09:33 pm »
Email sent.

Kevin T

wywires

« Reply #98 on: 13 Jun 2011, 09:55 pm »
Email sent.

Kevin T

Got it...Thanks!

Alex

kgturner

« Reply #99 on: 21 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm »
Got the cables yesterday afternoon. How would you all recommend connecting my vinyl rig? I was thinking using a WyWire RCA from my VPI to the Nighthawk phono preamp and the other WyWire RCA from the Nighthawk to the Supratek Dual Cabernet. The cable between the Supratek and my amp is a cheapie, but I figured I'm not going to regain anything lost from the start. Going from my Touch to the Supratek to the Yamamoto to the speakers will be all WyWire sans a power cord or two.

Kevin T