The Great WyWires Eastern US Cable Tour is about to start...

bacobits1

Re: The Great WyWires Eastern US Cable Tour is about to start...
« Reply #100 on: 21 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm »
I would say, use the VPI cable on the tonearm at first, that is VPI's recommended cable. But try it both ways of course. Are you saying there are only 2pr interconnects supplied terminated with RCA's? Alex makes a specific cable for the tonearm if I'm not mistaken. Try adding one cable at a time and listening it's all cumulative. I did it, Interconnects, Speaker cables,  Power cables because I had the Power Cables last.

Nice setup, you should hear differences, please do tell us your impressions.

D

Gopher

« Reply #101 on: 21 Jun 2011, 04:56 pm »
You are correct, Den.  There is a tonearm specific cable.  It is the first Wywires cable I encountered--ironically with the Nighthawk phono pre as well.

Form some opinions on your own then check out the write up I did.  See if our thoughts of the phono cable align--I'm not sure I've read any other opinions on that Wywires cable.

wywires

« Reply #102 on: 21 Jun 2011, 04:58 pm »
Hi Kevin,

You can experiment with the different IC's with the longer one being better for amp to preamp and the shorter one can be used for the VPI since it's very similar to the WyWires phono cable that you don't have.

Have fun!

Alex

kgturner

« Reply #103 on: 21 Jun 2011, 06:30 pm »
Thanks for the info. FYI: I don't have a VPI tonearm cable. All my line level RCAs are cheapie Monoprice premium RCAs. I'll experiment, obviously.

Kevin T