Virtue Audio Tour Impression thread

Mariusz

Re: Virtue Audio Tour Impression thread
« Reply #60 on: 11 Aug 2010, 11:06 pm »
Hi Gopher

I can not speak for Seth or Virtue but your unit came from original 4 amp units on tour.
My impression was that these tour units came with 20% off & 0$ shipping.
But check with Seth as small details could get lost in translation.
Few AC members asked for specific colors/options etc beside the original tour units. Those were.. "side" deal units and I am not aware of the details of the agreement.

As to your short but self explanatory statement ... you're absolutely right

,...the best complement is in satisfaction of paying, happy customer.

Since I just finished paying for my GIK treatments (thanks Frank), my wallet is opening up towards Virtue Sensation with buffer.

Not sure if it matters or not..... but Sensation became the most used (over-used) component in my home.

Best
Mariusz

tenantman

• Industry Participant
  • Togetherness beats all odds
    • Caprice Audio
« Reply #61 on: 11 Aug 2010, 11:42 pm »

Mariusz,

Can you share with us how well the Sensation sounds compared to the RWA 30.2? This amp looks like a viable alternative, will I be making a mistake?

Gopher

« Reply #62 on: 12 Aug 2010, 12:33 am »
Thanks guys, Seth got back to me.  Forgot about our time zone difference and there was still a few hours to the work day on his end.  Made the purchase and all is right.

CSI,

Yep, Seth took care of me.  Your comment is a little confusing though--what do you mean by "if it can be done legally?"  I'm not aware of any requirement for e-merchants to charge shipping or do you mean tax?

Mariusz,

You said it.  Putting money where mouth is > flowery prose .  That said, I did post up my thoughts on the TWO.2 as it developed and came into its own. 

I too am very interested in how the Sensation sounds compared to the RWA 30.2 and in general.  If there is still a sensation on the East Coast, I may just jump on the tour list for it! 

OzarkTom

« Reply #63 on: 12 Aug 2010, 02:39 am »
A buddy of mine in Hawaii has his Sensation with Dodd tube buffer burning in. He is not believeing his ears, even after only 24 hours of use. He has been using the Peachtree Nova and Altmann BYOB amps alternating in his system.

Mariusz

« Reply #64 on: 12 Aug 2010, 04:44 am »
Well
I am not a writer and generally try to avoid comparisons, reviews and over-hyped post.

Both companies are well know for their excellent  customer service and some unorthodox ideas.

"House sound" is very different between both units so is the targeted market.

It would be interesting to compare new Sensation/Dodd tube buffer with new RWA integrated with its own tube buffer version????
However....... whatever the outcome might be, the results will be clouded by price tag which I am afraid is going to be the major factor in decision making process.

From pure performance perspective thought,
both units can be easily recommended ........ which one will depend in large on your choice of speakers and your room acoustic characteristics.

My final advise is this;
If money is no issue ...... and the idea of battery power supply as well as very appealing tube buffer intrigue you - try them both side by side in your very own system without pressure or distractions.
With 30 days free in home trial from both companies, it is the safest, easiest, no strings attached deals out there.

Period