final decisions to make: Zaph ZR-71 or GR N2 or N3?

Rclark

Re: final decisions to make: Zaph ZR-71 or GR N2 or N3?
« Reply #40 on: 1 Jul 2010, 05:54 am »
I am not a big fan of the Mundorf Silver in Oils. They are a cap that highly colors the signal. Some people really like that coloration, but it is not for me. The highs get a little too soft and imaging a little too compromised.

If I were building one for myself then it would use a Sonicap Platinum.

If you wanted to roll off the bottom end then use a .047 Sonicap Platinum (small and less expensive value) and use a larger Sonicap by-passed with a Gen.2 .1uF for the pre-outs that will send a signal to your subs.

Speaking of subs, your subs will integrate better crossed over in a lower range. Plus, you aren't going to find a sub that sounds as good from 40Hz to 80Hz as the N3 unless you go with the servo subs. Even thin though, I think I'd still cross them over below 50Hz.

noted. and thanks ruben. haha yup yesterday :lol:

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #41 on: 1 Jul 2010, 07:18 am »
noted. and thanks ruben. haha yup yesterday :lol:

Told ya! :lol:

Zerogravity

« Reply #42 on: 1 Jul 2010, 01:37 pm »
So I take it going for the TL design is better then having the, not so easy to obtain crossover settings. In addition to having to own yet another costly but high quality subwoofer, which isn't a bad thing unless you have a low budget like myself. Going with the TL is better then the slight savings gained when going with smaller cabinets in addition I like the fact that I can get "extreme", let me repeat, "extreme" high quality and only having  2 channel audio for the reasonable price it is! I like the fact I can listen to pure direct mode without noise while obtaining a fuller range as pure direct disallows the use of my subs. The addition of the majic bus make it that much better as well, not to mention high quality amplification such as Virtue with the platnium caps! " Boy I wish I was rich, because I know what I would spend all my money on! Anyone out there want to help out a young family guy with the latest get rich quick skeems? I tried sending a dollar in and envelope to 10 people on my list, but that didn't work to well, I wonder why ( scratches head)! LOL

Zerogravity

« Reply #43 on: 1 Jul 2010, 07:46 pm »
By the way Ruben, I tried to respond back to your P.Ms but they are full?

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #44 on: 2 Jul 2010, 02:24 am »
By the way Ruben, I tried to respond back to your P.Ms but they are full?

Sorry about that. :duh:

I'll take care if my in box right now.

Ruben