What Speaker cables and i/c ?

Deftone

What Speaker cables and i/c ?
« on: 1 Jun 2010, 02:59 pm »
Can you guys suggest the speaker cables for 803S and i/c for bryston amps.Is the Kimber Hero rca/xlr be ok and the Kimber 12TC or the Bifocal X be a good match?

95Dyna

Re: What Speaker cables and i/c ?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2010, 01:22 pm »
Hi Deftone,

I always hate to see someone start a thread and a day goes by with no response so I thought I'd chime in.  I don't have the B & W's.  I use the WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6 for my speakers (Infinity 9 Kappas) and IC's terminated in XLR for my CD player to preamp and preamp to amps and RCA for phono stage to preamp.  I'm using the 7B SST2's and BP26.  I'm very pleased with these cables and I know that various WireWorld cables have been used frequently in Bryston show setups.

Regards,

Bill

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2010, 02:16 pm »
I use Argentum Acoustics cables.

Be well...

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2010, 11:32 pm »
I use Belden 10 gauge from BLue Jeans cable.

larevoj

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2010, 02:48 am »
I use Furutec for speakers and Cardas Gold Ref for XLR I/C.

robb

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2010, 03:23 am »
Big fan of Nordost cables; goes very well with Bryston products Also, Transparent

Ryanz

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2010, 07:13 pm »
I use TaraLabs Bi-Wire Speaker cables and Audioquest Sidewinder connects. And to tell you the truth I don't know if "High End" speakers cables do much more for sound then cheaper wire of similar gauge. I've spoken to numerous electrical engineers and they unanimously call them overkill for home audio. Yet I still bought the $1,000 cables to make myself feel warm and fuzzy. I hope I didn't just open the door to hell.......

1ZIP

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2010, 11:46 pm »
Bryston XLR's for IC's & Furutec U-4.1T for the speakers.  My 805's love the Furutech!

larevoj

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2010, 12:23 am »
I hope I didn't just open the door to hell.......

Read tons about this debate but the fact remain 'there is a difference'.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:44 am »
Big fan of Nordost cables; goes very well with Bryston products Also, Transparent

Seconded.

werd

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:02 pm »
I use TaraLabs Bi-Wire Speaker cables and Audioquest Sidewinder connects. And to tell you the truth I don't know if "High End" speakers cables do much more for sound then cheaper wire of similar gauge. I've spoken to numerous electrical engineers and they unanimously call them overkill for home audio. Yet I still bought the $1,000 cables to make myself feel warm and fuzzy. I hope I didn't just open the door to hell.......

Most pointless endeavor,"talking to electrical engineers" no doubt from their view point cables can be over kill.
But very often they have no clue what they sound like. I knew an electrical engineer that didnt even know they still used tubes in audio applications.....  :icon_lol:

Napalm

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:32 pm »
Most pointless endeavor,"talking to electrical engineers" no doubt from their view point cables can be over kill.

Sure. Any good engineer knows that it's not the cables, it's the elevators that really matter.

Nap.  :eyebrows:

Ryanz

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:38 pm »
Hahaha! And the door is open...... I was curious if the debate would start.  :thumb: I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole!

Napalm

« Reply #13 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:45 pm »
Hahaha! And the door is open...... I was curious if the debate would start.  :thumb: I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole!

Wait until we mention a good pair of Shakti on lines:

Nap.   :eyebrows:

werd

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:48 pm »
Sure. Any good engineer knows that it's not the cables, it's the elevators that really matter.

Nap.  :eyebrows:

Whats wrong with those on carpet?..... Smart actually.

Ryanz

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jun 2010, 08:23 pm »
Ummm...What are those?

Napalm

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jun 2010, 08:36 pm »

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #17 on: 4 Jun 2010, 08:56 pm »
Snake oil!

Ryanz

« Reply #18 on: 4 Jun 2010, 09:00 pm »
Wow. And people actually buy this stuff? I don't even know what to say?  :roll: :scratch:

1ZIP

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jun 2010, 09:02 pm »
"Those" are about $350.00 for 12.  Some have reported enhanced system performance from "elevators" constructed from Legos, cardboard from used packing boxes, PVC pipe, etc..