13 amps circuit

whanafi

Re: 13 amps circuit
« Reply #20 on: 15 Dec 2010, 01:40 am »
I would go for the UK.  In fact there was an article on the Torus site I think that explained why you shouldn't run 240v over a US plug. 

BTW, in my building, I was getting 248v (as shown on the Transporter info screen).  Turns out that SP Services is not responsible, but the building manager.  Took some time to explain what I was asking and why it was important, but finally got the condo committee to instruct the on-site manager to maintain power within spec.

whanafi

« Reply #21 on: 15 Dec 2010, 01:43 am »
My was a after thought which is why I am considering the Torus. You think the Torus would make any diff if your have a dedicated power line to the system?

If you are in an older building or high-rise I would think the Torus would make a difference.  I would go for one myself, but was put off by the local price for now.

larevoj

« Reply #22 on: 15 Dec 2010, 02:41 am »
If you are in an older building or high-rise I would think the Torus would make a difference.  I would go for one myself, but was put off by the local price for now.

I heard there is a holiday discount this month and is worth considering.  :D

Deftone

« Reply #23 on: 15 Dec 2010, 05:05 am »
I think the price for the 8a is the price of the 4b and the 15a is around 10k.Not so sure though have to go to afa and check it out.