KWA 100 - 'On Tour' Interest?

modwright

KWA 100 - 'On Tour' Interest?
« on: 24 May 2010, 12:23 am »
I am considering sending out a KWA 100 to a list of people interested in auditioning the unit in their homes.  Each individual will be responsible for properly packing it and shipping it to the next person on the list.  This means that each person will be responsible for the cost of shipping it to the next individual also.  I don't feel this to be an unreasonable request, if you truly want to audition the unit.  I believe that 1-week per person is probably adequate.   This unit is NOT FOR SALE, but is identical to those shipping now.  It will be broken in prior to shipping  The idea is to allow people to be able to audition it, who may not be able to otherwise.  Of course if you choose to purchase, then we will direct you to your nearest dealer.

If there is interest in this, please post here and I will start scheduling the 'tour dates'.

Thanks!

Dan W.
President, ModWright Instuments Inc.
« Last Edit: 8 Aug 2011, 01:40 am by modwright »

Scottdazzle

Re: KWA 100 - 'On Tour' Interest?
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2010, 12:30 am »
Dan,

Absolutely positively.  I have your SWL9.0SE preamp and your 9100ES disc player and would be comparing the KWA-100 to a Music Reference RM-200 II. Let me know...

Scott

modwright

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2010, 12:35 am »
I am listening and will compile the list.  I want to get a few more names on the list first and will be sure that we have a unit that is fully burned in also!

Thanks!

Dan

AB

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2010, 01:57 am »
I was just thinking about trying a new amp. Hmmmm...

What about the 150?

jhm731

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2010, 03:11 am »
I'd love to hear the KWA 100.

h.rav

• Avid Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2010, 03:32 am »
I'd love to hear one as well. I'm in Seattle area.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2010, 04:32 pm by h.rav »

modwright

« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2010, 07:20 am »
The 150 is HEAVEY (87LB PACKED) and expensive to ship.  It is also well established by now with reviews, awards and customer feedback.  The LS 100 is 47lb packed, and new.  I believe that its price-point ($3295) is attractive in this economy and I want to give it exposure.

Thanks for the replies!

If you are interested, PLEASE POST!

Thanks,

Dan W.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2010, 02:01 pm »
Hey Dan,

Put me in before Scotthobby.  I will guarantee safe shipping as I will hand deliver it to him.  :wink:

jtsnead

« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2010, 02:16 pm »
I would like to be on the list, hook it up to my SWL 9.0SE, how about the new preamp tour?

mca

« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2010, 04:28 pm »
Would love to hear it powering my Ulysses speakers. I'm in Kirkland, WA, so pretty close also.

modwright

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2010, 07:52 pm »
Excellent, I may start the tour in CA as we have a potential dealer very interested in our product line. I will ask him to audition it for a week and then ship from there.  I may have it tour the West Coast first and then head across country.

I WILL do the same for the LS 100 when complete!  I believe that this is a great way to allow many people to personally audition the product and share their feedback.

I have only TWO stipulations:

(1) That you pay to ship it, well packaged, onto the next customer and that you keep it in mint condition.
(2) That you post your impressions here.

Thanks!

Dan W.
President,
ModWright Instruments Inc.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2010, 09:38 pm »
Hey Dan,

Put me in before Scotthobby.  I will guarantee safe shipping as I will hand deliver it to him.  :wink:

:nono:

eparson

« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2010, 10:16 pm »
I would also be interested to hear this amp.  I am in the Seattle area as well, on the Eastside...

jriggy

« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2010, 10:35 pm »
Count me in too Dan! We spoke about the 100 about a month back and I am still interested... Will have a dream speaker in about a month or so that I never thought I would own. (Hint: it was just mentioned) Im out here in Indy so it will probably take a while to get this way but that is fine and dandy!

Jason

roscoeiii

« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2010, 10:52 pm »
Sign me up for the preamp tour. Chicago IL.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2010, 05:36 pm »
Hello Dan....

Nice offer....please add me to the list....thanks. :thumb:

Chris

modwright

« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2010, 11:49 pm »
I will most certainly do so.  It is in CA right now and I will post the 'tour schedule' here soon.

Thanks,

Dan

modwright

KWA 100 TOUR DATES AND SCHEDULE!
« Reply #17 on: 8 Jun 2010, 07:49 pm »
ModWright Instruments KWA 100 TOUR DATES AND SCHEDULE!

OK guys, the KWA 100 amp has made its first stop at a new dealer in CA and the rest of the tour dates are as follows:

1. Dan in HI - will ship via Priority Mail from CA.  Will notify Dan of ship date. (Est. ship date = 6.10.10)

2. h.rav - Seattle. (Est. ship date to Seattle - 6.21.10)

3. MCA - Kirkland. (Ship or deliver date - Jul 2.)

4. eparson - Seattle. (Ship or deliver date - Jul 12.)

5. Scott Hobby - VA. (Ship date to VA - Jul. 20).

6. Woodsyi - VA. (Ship or deliver date - Aug. 4)

KWA 100 REPLACED WITH KWA 100SE FOR REMAINING TOUR

7. jriggy - IN (Ship date - Aug. 27)

8. Lone Wolf - NY. (Ship date - Sept. 10)

9. mjosef - NY. (Deliver date - Sept. 22)

10. roscoeii - Chicago (Ship date - Sept. 29)

11. Eric - TX (Ship Date - Oct. 11)

12. Wilsynet - CA (Ship Date - Oct. 22)

13. Groovybassist - WA (Ship Date - Nov. 3)

14. Jerry H - OR (Ship Date - Nov. 15)

I have tried to allow for at least one full week at each location and have estimated shipping times between locations based on UPS Ground. I tried to err in the favor of all those involved - i.e. not short anyone their time with it.

All who are on the list I will PM.  Please reply to me with your full contact info and shipping information, so that we know where it is and where it is going.

Again the rules are:

Each person gets one week with the amp.  It is broken in but not BROKEN :).  Please take care of it and be resonsible for either delivering (if local) to next person on the list or shipping via UPS Ground, in factory packing.  Please email us at ModWright when the unit ships each time, so that we know where it is.

I hope this is enjoyable to all involved and I look forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,

Dan Wright
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.
modwright@yahoo.com
www.modwright.com
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2010, 07:16 am by modwright »

h.rav

• Avid Hobbyist
« Reply #18 on: 8 Jun 2010, 08:10 pm »
Dan, thanks for the update!

I can't wait to try out the amp. I will deliver the amp in person to MCA (Kirkland, WA).

modwright

« Reply #19 on: 8 Jun 2010, 08:18 pm »
Right on!  I have sent out a mass PM to everyone - I hope you all got it, asking that you please email to my executive assistant:

kristin.modwright@yahoo.com

Your contact phone, address and email.  She will keep track of the unit and the calendar for the 'Tour'.

Thanks guys!  I hope this is fun for all of you.

Dan