VR-11 Fronts VR-9s Rear

JackD201

VR-11 Fronts VR-9s Rear
« on: 18 May 2010, 06:05 am »
Finally, it has begun! Updates to follow!

JakeJ

Re: VR-11 Fronts VR-9s Rear
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2010, 06:10 am »
Sweet!  New digs Jack?  Would love to see a pictorial tour of the whole place.  I love modern architecture.

Best,
JakeJ

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2010, 06:41 am »
I can only wish it were mine Jake. Then again when the VR-11s almost tipped over during assembly, I almost had a heart attack and on the spot decided that 9s are as far as I will go. I'll ask permission from the owner to take some shots and hopefully he'll let me post them.

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2010, 07:46 am »
Cool, thanks!  Just from the setup pics it sure looks like a lovely home.  On an architectural side note if you are not familiar with Richard Neutra's work I highly recommend seeking it out.

As to dropping a VR11 module  :o   :nono:   :cuss: I can't imagine that would sit too well with your client.

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2010, 10:12 am by JakeJ »

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2010, 08:08 am »
That Miller House is iconic. Thanks to you I can put a name to the place. Thanks man! My current favorite or should I say favorite current architect is Brazilian Arturo Casas. Couldn't afford him obviously so I just took some of his elements and applied them to the new home my wife and I are building.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2010, 11:24 am »
Hello Jack,

Nice job.

The room looks very good to handle the VR 9-11.

Wish I was there.

If you have any Q's, just ask.

Good luck.

Cor

JakeJ

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2010, 12:01 pm »
Jack,

Thanks for the tip on Arthur Casas.  Toured the Iporanga house, that's just my cup of tea in residential architecture.

Hope the VR9 setup went off with less stress.

JackD201

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2010, 04:08 am »
Finally, this system is complete. Well except an R2R in the future. As requested it is update time!

mhconley

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2010, 11:13 am »
 :drool:

That is freaking incredible... I cannot even imagine how it must sound.

Martin

JakeJ

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2010, 04:00 pm »
Thank you, Jack.  I agree with mhconley, it's tough to wrap my mind around this level of home entertainment.

Jack, I love architecture.  Could we please get a shot of the outside of the home?  I am looking for a sense of scale and just curious about the building's style.

TIA if possible.

Mike11

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2010, 12:00 am »
What brand and model is the turn table that is partially visible? Perhaps a list of what is driving the VR 11s.

Appreciate the photos. Now I have seen a pair of VR-11s with the black finish. But I imagine VR 11s are better heard than seen.
Mike

Sonny

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2010, 12:07 am »
DAMM!  I am JEALOUS!!!! :drool: :beer:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2010, 01:24 am »
That looks to be a truly stunning system. What is the setup using only 4 speakers? Are you able to describe the rest of the system!!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2010, 02:59 am »
Jake really needs to visits his friend with a pen & notebook.  :lol:  Those pictures are incredible but knowing just the loudspeakers w/o any gear or cabling info is just sinful (just kidding). My curiosity is really peaked Jake, does your friend use his system for anything other than music? Does he actually prefer multichannel music over stereo as I do?  :o

Thanks ahead of time Jake for any further info that you're able to offer.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

JackD201

« Reply #14 on: 30 Oct 2010, 03:46 am »
Hi Folks,

Robin, Did you mean Jake or Jack because I brought more than a pen and pencil. I can be a real tease huh  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your wish is my command.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The VR-11s here are the ones seen on the VSA website :)

VR-9s are Bi-amped with Lamm M1.2s and M2.2s

Here's the associated equipment for stereo.

Amps: VTL Siegfried for the bass modules

VAC 450 Statement. First pair in the world. Hats of to you Kevin Hayes. You are a genius.

Digital Sources: SACD is EMMLabs CDSD/Switchman3/DAC6

CD is the EERA Tentation

Preamp is the VTL 7.5 Series 2 soon to be replaced by Luke's new baby the Series 3

Turntables are:

TW Acustic AC-3 with Triplanar VII/Koetsu Blue Lace, Graham Phantom/Dynavector XV-1t, TW Acustic/Miyabi 47 Labs, Kuzma 4 point/Ortofon A90

TW Acustic Black Night with Schroeder/Jan Allearts, Da Vinci Grandeeza/MY Sonic Labs Ultra Eminent BC

Phono Pre Amplification is the venerable EMT and Tron 7. ARC Ref 2 and Lamm LP2 also come into the rotation. Shown at shoot time the EMT

Cables are Kubala Sosna Elation and Shunyata King Cobras

All this is useless if we don't deal with noise, so.............

50KVA of Isolation w autoswitch stability protection and voltage regulation

AHUs placed far away and special ducting for AC

Now a nice wide shot of the room itself custom designed by Tracks Acoustics who did our TV/Radio post production suites as well as our Sound Stages.

Now for the Raison d'être of all this

Heres a shot of about a fourth of a stunning collection already sorted and placed. The CDs are not very photogenic in their drawers :)

How does it sound? Pretty much anyway you want it to except underpowered and small.   :green:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 30 Oct 2010, 04:55 am »
Only one word needed for this room.....

WOW !!!!  :beer:

Thanks Jack.... :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #16 on: 30 Oct 2010, 05:20 am »
Damn Jack, that's a bit more than just a pen & notebook's worth of info.  :o   :lol:  That's some update you've got there on 1 incredibly complex system (at least to me anyways). Thanks for taking the time to share this, you did a stellar job.   :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

JackD201

« Reply #17 on: 30 Oct 2010, 05:34 am »
I wish it were mine Robin! The owner, a lurker here that has yet to make even one post, had a very clear vision of what he wanted, that made it a lot easier for us. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to be part of this project's development.  :thumb:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #18 on: 30 Oct 2010, 05:45 am »
 :notworthy:

Anand.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #19 on: 30 Oct 2010, 06:50 am »