VR-11 Fronts VR-9s Rear

legends71

Re: VR-11 Fronts VR-9s Rear
« Reply #20 on: 30 Oct 2010, 08:50 am »
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: ............ this setup is simply amazing!!
I can only dream of such a big room with that equipment in it  :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #21 on: 30 Oct 2010, 02:01 pm »
Very impressive system Jack :drool:

I think Albert should let me borrow a pair of the 11's for a year or so :thumb:  Of course I would want them in black as well to match my system.

Very nice.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #22 on: 30 Oct 2010, 03:01 pm »
Question Jack...the system multchannel SACD capability obviously with those lowly 9s in the rear.  What is he using for his preamplification?  I assume it must have multichannel capability as well?  No center channel, again, obviously.  Does each TT have it's own phono stage?  Man that is ultimate overkill.  And biamping those rear channel 9s with LAMMs...talk about cost no object. 
I have been under that impression that the owner is your brother...correct?

Would you guys ever consider using digital room correction or are things near perfection with the room acoustics as they are?

Thanks....and again. WOW!

Rapt

« Reply #23 on: 30 Oct 2010, 03:39 pm »
Finally, this system is complete. Well except an R2R in the future. As requested it is update time!

Wow! and even added a jl audio Gotham sub  :icon_twisted:

JackD201

« Reply #24 on: 30 Oct 2010, 04:03 pm »
Hi Gavin,

The Emmlabs Switchman 3 is a 6 channel analog preamp. The L and R outputs are run through the VTL 7.5 through one of the inputs configured for bypass.

The EMT phonostage has 4 inputs and I believe the Tron has 3.

Jim, yes he is my brother, never considered room correction. I did though. As it turned out neither of us need it at all. I have a Lyngdorf sitting there doing nothing as a result.

Jack :)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 30 Oct 2010, 04:26 pm »
So your brother's only using the rear loudspeakers for SACD and stereo for everything else? I'm still blown away from the stellar pictures you took Jack. Everything about this system was done topnotch. I'm a big Kubala-Sosna fan myself. I've never had the honor of hearing Von Schweikert loudspeakers but I want to sometime.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

JackD201

« Reply #26 on: 30 Oct 2010, 04:58 pm »
Thanks Robin :) Digital photography is my other hobby but sadly I don't get much practice. I got hooked on K-S when I heard them with Lamm gear at CES.

I went through a whole lot of speaker manufacturers both owned and auditioned before I went with Von Schweikert. I happened upon them by chance as I was invited over by a friend and he had a pair of old VR-4s. Series 2s to be exact. I haven't looked back since.

VR's are easy to set up to sound good but tough to get to that point where they just lock in. When they do, you'll see why we in this circle love them so much. I hope you get a chance to hear a well set up pair one of these days. :)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #27 on: 30 Oct 2010, 05:04 pm »
Well Jack if they sound as good as your pictures look, I no doubt would be sporting a Joker grin.  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #28 on: 30 Oct 2010, 07:55 pm »
Hi Gavin,

The Emmlabs Switchman 3 is a 6 channel analog preamp. The L and R outputs are run through the VTL 7.5 through one of the inputs configured for bypass.

The EMT phonostage has 4 inputs and I believe the Tron has 3.

Jim, yes he is my brother, never considered room correction. I did though. As it turned out neither of us need it at all. I have a Lyngdorf sitting there doing nothing as a result.

Jack :)

So how much for the Lyngdorf??  8)

jermmd

« Reply #29 on: 30 Oct 2010, 09:24 pm »
That may be the nicest system I've seen posted on this website and gear that i would choose for myself if I had an unlimited budget. Von Schweikert and VAC really sound great together. The room is spectacular. I personally only listen to CDs burned to FLAC through my Transporter but the transport and turntables sure look nice. Congratulations to the owner. I don't think there is any way to improve this system. It really is the best I can imagine.

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #30 on: 30 Oct 2010, 09:37 pm »
So how much for the Lyngdorf??  8)

Gavin, repeat after me:  "must resist the temptation, must resist the temptation, must. . ."

:D

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #31 on: 2 Nov 2010, 01:47 pm »
Hey cat...I've chanted that for years and trust me, it doesn't work  :duh:

jadis boy

« Reply #32 on: 3 Nov 2010, 07:15 am »
Great job
Look amazing