Squeezebox Touch released today

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Squeezebox Touch released today
« Reply #80 on: 22 May 2010, 08:02 pm »
Scott- There are no dumb questions, I asked all those already! :thumb:
 Here is my setup-a Sony VAIO laptop running Win7 64bit (all my music is on it), I have a Duet connected via ethernet to a common router
the output of which (the Duet) runs to my DAC, then to my AV receiver. The DAC is a new piece it works fine just Duet to receiver-I can control squeezebox server software from my laptop or my droid or ipod....the interface is pretty straight forward, like a browser window. I'm pretty sure there are some 3rd party apps but I haven't fooled with them yet or really searched. If I was going to start new all over I would buy the SB touch just because its latest direction logitech is going. Hope that helps... :thumb:

MLS

« Reply #81 on: 22 May 2010, 08:11 pm »
Thanks eclein.   I like the fact that the duet has the remote you could use outside while listening to my whole house system but I also like that many people say the Touch sounds better without a DAC and that it is the latest technology.  I have a DAC that I am using in a office system but I am not ready to buy another one and I want to listen to music in to many places.

Thanks,

Scott

Phil A

« Reply #82 on: 22 May 2010, 08:14 pm »
Phil and adydula-
 If you have an Android cellphone or ipod touch/phone everything gets up close and personal...I use ipod touch with app. called ipeng and
can browse all my music, see album covers, get info etc. right in my hand and its very easy to use and see..I've got 52 yr. old eyes...the Android app is free and ipeng is like $9.99, I'm posting this while piloting my recliner and watching TV and picking songs in between. I can honestly say I've taken lounging to the next level!!! :thumb: :thumb:

I'm glad someone has young eyes :thumb: - My were that way a half dozen years back.  That is really great information.  My 30g Zune for the car probably will be full in the not too far off future (my car has a card reader too for 320bps MP3s) and I was thinking about an iPod to have one of each.  Its good to know.  I also could run a 20 ft. digital cable to the DAC I guess and have it 6 ft. away by the little LCD TV, although I am more inclinded to either put it near the DAC where it will be about 10-11 ft. away and it wouldn't kill me to put down the snack and change music.  I do really wish I could see one at a local store.  Bryston will have their music player soon.  More expensive of course and not as neat an interface and I'm sure it will have better sound and a better power supply.  I may hold out and see if I can find a way to at least experience them both in some manner.

MLS

« Reply #83 on: 23 May 2010, 02:02 pm »
Am I correct in that you can only buy the Touch online? 

I sustain my audio habit with green cash only and it is becoming increasingly difficult to make purchases with green cash.

Any suggestions?

Scott

PeteG

« Reply #84 on: 23 May 2010, 02:25 pm »
Am I correct in that you can only buy the Touch online? 

I sustain my audio habit with green cash only and it is becoming increasingly difficult to make purchases with green cash.

Any suggestions?

Scott

Shouldn’t be long before Bestbuy has one.

MLS

« Reply #85 on: 25 May 2010, 10:33 pm »
I ordered a Touch yesterday by accident.  No kidding.  It should be here on Thursday.  Should I down load the Squeeze center or whatever it is called first?  If you can't tell I am in over my head already.

Scott

mcgsxr

« Reply #86 on: 25 May 2010, 10:35 pm »
You might as well download the latest version of the s/w, get a jump on that portion of the fun.

MLS

« Reply #87 on: 25 May 2010, 11:08 pm »
What is s/w? 

I am good with LP, but all the computer acronyms make my little brain hurt.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #88 on: 25 May 2010, 11:16 pm »
SoftWare