curious as to how may here are musicians (or at least try to play an instrument)

mfsoa

I thought I had posted here but I don't see it...

Drums for me. I played a bunch in college, at frat parties and clubs around Rutgers in "the" band at Cook College. A great feeling of power when we'd break into Wipe-Out and the singer would yell "Worm-It" and 50 wasted people would lay down in beer spills and kick thier feet into the air!  :guitar:

I don't play much any more, so it was great fun to jam at Phil's Rave a while back.

All through high school I played a lot - Jam bands at night and the concert band by day. Also in the school jazz band, marching band (very rinky-dink compared to a real marching band), and the pit-band for all of the school's musicals for 5 years.

I did one semester in the Rutgers Wind Ensemble (the top concert band, during what I hear was the top performing band they had had) but the lure of other college fun (you know, S, D and Rock and Roll) pulled me away from the nerd-fest.

Spent a year as a jazz drum major as I was floundering about, and quickly realized that I was simply not good enough to make it work. But got to know Ralph Peterson JR during that time (well known jazz drummer) when he was a student.

My wife got me a Tabla a few years back - I love the instrument but find it really hard the step into what is maybe a 1000+ year tradition of percussion!

I've been asked if I approach audio from a drummer's perspective, and I guess I do, although I'm sure all those hours on stage with a concert band has to be with me still.

-Mike