What up? Where's the Super Bowl thread?

jimdgoulding

Re: What up? Where's the Super Bowl thread?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Feb 2010, 10:09 pm »
I think the Saints win.  Don't have a want, really, Indy just won't be able to deny them.  Might win convincingly.     
On the other hand, Jim, the Saints are not at the Superdome anymore and aren't the Colts thought to have the better defense?  And why wouldn't the Colts have just as much pride and self determination, Jim?  I don't know, Jim, maybe they do and will have the day.  They did just take apart the number one defense in the league (?) and came from behind to do it.  That's what I'm sayin, Jim.  Thanks, Jim, we cool :thumb:

Philistine

« Reply #21 on: 7 Feb 2010, 12:08 am »
I apologize in advance for the embarrassing half-time performance from The Who.  As great as they were in the 60's and 70's Roger Daltrey should have called it quits years ago.

I have a neighbor playing for The Saints, that's where my support is going in the absence of The Steeler's :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 7 Feb 2010, 12:59 am »
I apologize in advance for the embarrassing half-time performance from The Who.  As great as they were in the 60's and 70's Roger Daltrey should have called it quits years ago.

I have a neighbor playing for The Saints, that's where my support is going in the absence of The Steeler's :thumb:

The NFL really needs to get with the program if they're gonna put on a proper halftime show that'll compete with just the damn commercials.  :lol:  Lady Gaga would tear the place down with one of her off the hook shows.   :hyper: 

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

« Reply #23 on: 7 Feb 2010, 01:14 am »
The NFL really needs to get with the program if they're gonna put on a proper halftime show that'll compete with just the damn commercials.  :lol:

Robin, I think the Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake half time experiment to draw younger viewers killed the possibility of younger, main stream acts at half time.   Since then we have had Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and maybe I forgot some of the past their prime acts.  The choice of the Who is unbelievable.  They were in their prime when I was in college in the early 70's. 

Ken

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 7 Feb 2010, 01:17 am »
Robin, I think the Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake half time experiment to draw younger viewers killed the possibility of younger, main stream acts at half time.   Since then we have had Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and maybe I forgot some of the past their prime acts.  The choice of the Who is unbelievable.  They were in their prime when I was in college in the early 70's. 

Ken

Bruce might be up there in age, but I thought he rocked last year!! 

Can't say I am expecting much from the Who.  I thought they were already cooked in the mid-80's.   :wink:

Here is the list of musical acts who have performed at the Super Bowl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

George

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #25 on: 7 Feb 2010, 04:10 am »
In any case, check out this video. Drew Brees is crazy accurate. :o   It's too bad they didn't have Payton try this, too. It would be fun to see the comparo!

Good video.... :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #26 on: 7 Feb 2010, 03:40 pm »
Here you go....get a "head start" on those Super Bowl commercials..... :lol:

http://www.i4u.com/Super_Bowl_Ads_1.html

lonewolfny42

« Reply #27 on: 7 Feb 2010, 10:19 pm »
Almost time.....hoping for a good game.... :beer:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 7 Feb 2010, 10:29 pm »
Chris - Do you have your Super Bowl eats in place? Only an hour til game time. What's on the menu?
I already jumped the gun and ate my brats & kraut. The rest of the way, we're going to make due with corn chips and bean dip, chocolate truffle mousse cake and assorted finger foods. I've already had too much to eat so this looks like an Alka Seltzer night no matter who wins.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #29 on: 7 Feb 2010, 10:41 pm »
When's the real kickoff time?   :duh:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #30 on: 7 Feb 2010, 10:45 pm »
Sure do Tom.....
Shrimp, cheese,  guacamole dip, sausage and pasta....some wine....and a chocolate cake. :thankyou:

We're ready..... :lol:

Enjoy the game. :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #31 on: 7 Feb 2010, 10:46 pm »
6:25PM....

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #32 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:15 pm »
4:25 at my house in the mountain time zone.

Chris- I knew you'd be ready. That was just an invitation to tell how ready. The only question in my mind would have concerned whether or not you were home. I can easily picture you leaning on the goal post with an open beer bottle.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #33 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:27 pm »
Tacos al Pastor anyone?  Cold beer?  Football??  This pagentry thing goin on has become pretty ridiculous.  Have fun, Chris, Robin, fellas and ladies.  I'm pullin for Manning's gang myself.  But I'd probably take the Saints and points if I could get em.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #34 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:30 pm »
4:25 at my house in the mountain time zone.

Chris- I knew you'd be ready. That was just an invitation to tell how ready. The only question in my mind would have concerned whether or not you were home. I can easily picture you leaning on the goal post with an open beer bottle.

Thanks, guys!  Been putting up trim and looked (not very hard) at SI.com and didn't see it.  OK, NOW they are on the field........

pjchappy

« Reply #35 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:33 pm »
I'll be rooting for the Colts, but I have no dog in this game.  I just hope it is at least as good as a game as last year's!   :thumb:

Paul

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #36 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:35 pm »
Who dat? It's cajin baby back ribs time!  :drool:

Bigfish

« Reply #37 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:49 pm »
Doritos commercial was really funny!  It gets my first place vote so far over the Bud Light Commercial.

Ken

drphoto

« Reply #38 on: 7 Feb 2010, 11:52 pm »
No TV here, what's going on??? I'm doing homework right now.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #39 on: 8 Feb 2010, 12:10 am »
Doritos commercial was really funny!  It gets my first place vote so far over the Bud Light Commercial.

Ken

True.  Not much else worth noting.  Yet.