Group Buy - Nobility Audio Equipment Rack

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

Re: Group Buy - Nobility Audio Equipment Rack
« Reply #60 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:58 am »
price list has just been updated to include all models that members show interest in.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B06Slh1HJxoKZGI3MmUyZTUtZTE4Yy00MjViLTkzNTYtMDhkOWQwZGUzYzEz&hl=en

Pricing for some models have been improved based on shipping discount we could get for a larger order.

Group Buy will close by March 8th (end of next week) - if you are interested in placing your order, please email grantfidelity@gmail.com with subject as 'Nobility Group Buy' before then to request an invoice. All payment must be received by March 10th in order to meet shipping deadline.

Delivery charge from Las Vegas warehouse to your location can be calculated as $1.00/lb insured as a general reference. Please use the volume weight to calculate shipping.

Please do not post the price sheet anywhere on internet. This is a Group Buy based on large order volume - it cannot be used for future purchase reference. Please help us to keep your purchase resale value high by not posting discounted price over internet.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2010, 05:43 am by Rachel @ Grant Fidelity »

maxwalrath

« Reply #61 on: 26 Feb 2010, 04:22 am »
"Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

Please check the address and try again."

Can't view it....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #62 on: 26 Feb 2010, 04:33 am »

Can't view it....

You're not alone, I also get "Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available."

Cheers,
Robin

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #63 on: 26 Feb 2010, 05:43 am »

Can't view it....

I have re-posted the link - please try again to see if it works this time.

maxwalrath

« Reply #64 on: 26 Feb 2010, 05:45 am »
works now, thanks

Ron D

« Reply #65 on: 26 Feb 2010, 11:59 pm »
Rachel - you note to estimate the cost of shipping at $1/lb. but the sheet is in kilograms. For those of you who need to know the conversion its 1kg = 2.2 pounds so something that is 127 kg volume weight is in fact 279.4 pounds or about $279 to ship.

JakeJ

« Reply #66 on: 27 Feb 2010, 05:37 am »
Regretfully I must withdraw from the group buy as the racks offered do not provide the space I need.

Thank you for the offer.

Jake

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #67 on: 27 Feb 2010, 06:09 am »
Rachel - you note to estimate the cost of shipping at $1/lb. but the sheet is in kilograms. For those of you who need to know the conversion its 1kg = 2.2 pounds so something that is 127 kg volume weight is in fact 279.4 pounds or about $279 to ship.

Yes the large rack will cost quite a bit to ship. You can use your zip code to get a more accurate estimate from ups.com. It may not cost that much depending where you live.

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #68 on: 27 Feb 2010, 06:11 am »
Regretfully I must withdraw from the group buy as the racks offered do not provide the space I need.

Thank you for the offer.

Jake

If you need specific spacing between the shelves, let me know then I will see if factory can custom make for you. If you are looking at a simple shelf - custom order should not be too difficult.

Frisco

« Reply #69 on: 27 Feb 2010, 07:15 am »
Rachel...you have a PM

toobluvr

« Reply #70 on: 27 Feb 2010, 03:53 pm »

Nice looking racks at decent prices.  It's too bad the upper shelves on 3 and 4 shelf racks don't have more headroom.  6 inches just doesn't cut it for most guys.

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #71 on: 27 Feb 2010, 04:02 pm »
Nice looking racks at decent prices.  It's too bad the upper shelves on 3 and 4 shelf racks don't have more headroom.  6 inches just doesn't cut it for most guys.
could you be more specific? what type of equipment would most guys looking to put on 3 and 4 shelf racks and how are they placed? Maybe the Chinese customers place stuff differently than us in North America so the designer hasn't thought about it. We are always listening and will provide the feedback to the factory to see if they can modify design.

The 3 or 4 level rack cannot be built too tall - it is not stable anymore if heavy gear is put on top.

Thanks and look forward to hearing more from you.
Rachel

toobluvr

« Reply #72 on: 27 Feb 2010, 04:24 pm »

The shortest gear I have -- cdp and tuner -- are like 5 or 6 inches tall.   Lots of guys use cones and other isolation / coupling devices under their gear, and this makes it even taller.

I made the rack you see in my Avatar.  36 to 38 inches tall for a 4 shelfer like this seems about right to me.   This gives enough headroom on bottom shelf for tube amps that need some breathing room, and still provides enough height on upper shelves for sources / preamps / power supplies. 

Adjustable shelves is an added bonus.  This makes it flexible for a changing system, and allows tradeoff of headroom between shelves for all different types of gear and siting of gear.  I just throw it out there...I know it may not be possible with this furniture.

The width and depth of the Nobility stuff looks fine, but I think the height dimensions will make it unsuitable for many who otherwise would be interested -- particularly for guys with tubed gear where breathing room is essential.

srb

« Reply #73 on: 27 Feb 2010, 04:32 pm »
The width and depth of the Nobility stuff looks fine, but I think the height dimensions will make it unsuitable for many who otherwise would be interested -- particularly for guys with tubed gear where breathing room is essential.

I have fixed height shelves with 9-1/4" clearance.  I've had to pass on some solid state gear (not Class A) that was 7" - 8" high and the manufacturer had recommended 3" - 4" clearance height above it.

Steve

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #74 on: 27 Feb 2010, 04:43 pm »

I have fixed height shelves with 9-1/4" clearance.  I've had to pass on some solid state gear (not Class A) that was 7" - 8" high and the manufacturer had recommended 3" - 4" clearance height above it.

Steve

I see. Most Chinese audiophile put their tube gear on separate amp tables (like SRW-1A) on the floor so the furniture manufacturer is not considering the headroom for heat in multiple racks.

Can someone give me an ideal headroom for each rack on a 3 and 4 level rack? I will ask the factory to see if they can modify the height and what it would cost.

toobluvr

« Reply #75 on: 27 Feb 2010, 04:44 pm »

Steve

Correct.  This is why adjustable shelving, if possible w/o compromising rigidity and stability, is the best way to go.  It allows the racking to appeal to the greatest number of people.

toobluvr

« Reply #76 on: 27 Feb 2010, 04:57 pm »
I see. Most Chinese audiophile put their tube gear on separate amp tables (like SRW-1A) on the floor so the furniture manufacturer is not considering the headroom for heat in multiple racks.

Most folks do put their separate amps on the bottom shelf, or on floor flanking the rack.  But even if one does that, it does not really help things.

Your 3 and 4 shelf racks (that I have examined) have upper shelf spacings of 5 to 6 inches.   This is where most guys will put their peamp, sources, integrated amps and power supplies and it is just not enough headroom for lots of folks.

Apart from adjustable, there is no ideal for upper shelves.  But in order to appeal to more folks, it should be more than 6 inches.

Frisco

« Reply #77 on: 27 Feb 2010, 05:12 pm »
Rachel.....thank you for your reply.

I think I will pass on this group buy since the shipping cost from Las Vegas to Hawaii costs more than the 2 SRW 3a's I want. :roll:

Good luck on your Group Buy program  8)

JakeJ

« Reply #78 on: 27 Feb 2010, 09:46 pm »
If you need specific spacing between the shelves, let me know then I will see if factory can custom make for you. If you are looking at a simple shelf - custom order should not be too difficult.

I will get some measurements made and report back.  Check out my system link and you can see my amps are directly on the floor and my preamp is low on the third shelf down and the bottom shelf is occupied by my power conditioner with the preamp's separate power supply sitting on top of the power conditioner.  I have Herbie's Tall Tender feet under pre and PS which adds about an inch.  My new CD transport is a top loader so I envisioned it moving to a top shelf beside my turntable.  I also want to add my Nakamichi 1000 and my Sansui TU-9900 to the system.  Also I want my preamp higher so it's easier to see the markings.

Thanks,
Jake

sac8d4

« Reply #79 on: 27 Mar 2010, 12:57 am »
Rachel,

Do you have an updated schedule when we should see our orders coming to the US?