Group Buy - Nobility Audio Equipment Rack

toobluvr

Re: Group Buy - Nobility Audio Equipment Rack
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2010, 05:40 pm »
That's great R@GF!

Was just looking to get a general idea on things.  I would not expect prices or models to be locked in stone.

Thanks.

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #21 on: 12 Feb 2010, 03:47 am »
SRW-4A
SRW-4B
PRS-1915
WST-3P
CRW-1

Thanks,
Harrison

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #22 on: 12 Feb 2010, 04:14 am »
WMP-1A MarkⅡ

JakeJ

« Reply #23 on: 12 Feb 2010, 05:40 am »
SRW-4B
WMP-1A Mk II

Please and thank you.

ashok

« Reply #24 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:56 pm »
One SRW-3B please.

Thank you!!

Don_S

« Reply #25 on: 16 Feb 2010, 09:40 pm »
SRW-4B
RP-10D
PRS-1315
RPG-280E
WCD-288

Has anyone seen the RP-10D walnut acoustic regulator board?  The pictures are not very good.  I seems like the slats are all the same depth and 90 degrees to the back with a lot of space between them.  The PRS-1315 looks like a better design but I am a sucker for walnut.

I am also wondering about the RPG-280E.  Are there any dividers/spacers inside to hold the media or is it open-shelf storage?

Pez

« Reply #26 on: 16 Feb 2010, 10:49 pm »
Very interested in RPG-280E, but no info on how many CDs it will hold!

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #27 on: 16 Feb 2010, 10:54 pm »
Very interested in RPG-280E, but no info on how many CDs it will hold!

Here is the measurement of the furniture in cm: W760×D270×H1300

you can measure your stack of CD's and get a rough idea how many it will hold. I am sure it will hold quite a lot :)

Rachel

Don_S

« Reply #28 on: 17 Feb 2010, 12:11 am »
Here is the measurement of the furniture in cm: W760×D270×H1300

you can measure your stack of CD's and get a rough idea how many it will hold. I am sure it will hold quite a lot :)

Rachel

That translates to 5 shelves in a cabinet with an external width of just under 30 inches. My question is what is inside.  Since it is a "media" cabinet and not a "CD" cabinet I am thinking there are no slots to hold CDs.  It is also deeper than the CD cabinets which might also be a clue.  Shame, because I like the style better than the funky legs on the CD cabinets. It appears that the CD cabinets have slots on the tops and bottoms of the shelves to hold CD. I like that feature. But I don't trust the larger glass doors to survive shipping.

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #29 on: 17 Feb 2010, 12:30 am »
That translates to 5 shelves in a cabinet with an external width of just under 30 inches. My question is what is inside.  Since it is a "media" cabinet and not a "CD" cabinet I am thinking there are no slots to hold CDs.  It is also deeper than the CD cabinets which might also be a clue.  Shame, because I like the style better than the funky legs on the CD cabinets. It appears that the CD cabinets have slots on the tops and bottoms of the shelves to hold CD. I like that feature. But I don't trust the larger glass doors to survive shipping.

The 280E can hold roughly 280 cased CD's. There is another model can hold 350 Cd's. There is no glass on the door. The 5 doors are tilt-out design - optional parts include the white small holders (see product pictures - under the main catalog picture).

All their media storage furniture is designed not to reflect sound in the listening room so no glass used and there is no large flat surface. You can put it in your listening room along side walls or back wall (opposite to the audio equipment) without interfering with your room acoustics.

I hope this helps a bit.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 17 Feb 2010, 12:53 am »
SRW-4A

Thanks!

Don_S

« Reply #31 on: 17 Feb 2010, 07:04 am »
Looks like glass to me.   :scratch:

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #32 on: 17 Feb 2010, 07:59 am »

I saw these furniture in China in the store - there is no glass on the doors. But I will double check with the factory when they are back from the long holidays :)

mdfoy

« Reply #33 on: 17 Feb 2010, 11:19 am »
If it's not too late, WPS-2B

chosenhandle

« Reply #34 on: 17 Feb 2010, 02:28 pm »
(2) WDT-1A
(2) WDT-1P
(1) SRW-4A

thanks!

ctviggen

« Reply #35 on: 17 Feb 2010, 03:19 pm »

I look at that picture, and think just the opposite -- there's no glass.

Don_S

« Reply #36 on: 17 Feb 2010, 04:18 pm »
Bob, 

I definitely see your point.  The picture looks like no glass. My brain said "hey--a frame there must be something in it."  :duh: Normally there would be glass or a panel inside the framework of a door. So I thought they may have left it out to take pictures without a reflection. I can't ever remember seeing a faux door or empty frame.  Maybe it is "faux glass".

I guess it depends upon whether your "glass" is half empty or half full.  :lol:

I think everyone should be cautious buying a product without seeing it.  Pictures can be deceptive.  If you are considering an equipment rack run the math and find out if the shelf spacing is adequate.  I did and found the space between some of the shelves was much less than what it looked like in the pictures.

jriggy

« Reply #37 on: 17 Feb 2010, 04:25 pm »
Hey, just found this!
I must agree, that it is a little hard to make a decision on what direction/choices to go with, without knowing any price point info at all...

Although, I still appreciate this offer and will try to narrow something down soon. 

Question: Are all the audio racks of the same sonic/vibration quality? Or are some designs made to do a better job then others?

Jason

toobluvr

« Reply #38 on: 17 Feb 2010, 04:27 pm »

The stuff looks nice on first glance and has potential, but I find the provided info to be woefully inadequate and the photos are not clear enough.  Makes me kindof shy away and lose interest.  Just too much work getting basic info.  If it effects others the same way, their lost sales could add up.

Why is this sort of thing so common with professional companies -- especially in audio, and especially with Asian companies?   :scratch:  Very annoying.   I do a better job with my used gear FS ads!   :lol:

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #39 on: 18 Feb 2010, 01:37 am »
The stuff looks nice on first glance and has potential, but I find the provided info to be woefully inadequate and the photos are not clear enough.  Makes me kindof shy away and lose interest.  Just too much work getting basic info.  If it effects others the same way, their lost sales could add up.

Why is this sort of thing so common with professional companies -- especially in audio, and especially with Asian companies?   :scratch:  Very annoying.   I do a better job with my used gear FS ads!   :lol:

I totally agree with you. Product documentation for Chinese company is very inadequate. That's why every year Grant Fidelity goes to China to personally audition products before we even bring the samples to this side of the pond. We don't even launch a product until we test the sample for 3-6 months then write our own description and feature list.

We have personally viewed the Nobility equipment rack in China at their flagship dealer store and are confident with the quality (there are other brands that we tried and dropped before offering this group-buy). We demonstrated some Nobility racks at the 2010 CES (you can see some close pictures on our website) of 4 models we have in stock: http://grantfidelity.com/site/catalog/74/audio_furniture. Please click on pictures and see the full size one. This would help you to know the woodwork quality better.

I would recommend people interested in group-buy to stick to simple straight forward design. It's hard to put these products through dealer store so that people can see them in person - shipping will kill the deal and dealers do add up the price. We have to make a trade-off somehow.

But all feedback are well received by Grant Fidelity. We will continue working with factory to overcome these challenges and provide North American customer value added products and services.

Best,
Rachel