Fremer Strikes Again?

Dilbert

Fremer Strikes Again?
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 09:42 pm »
No Bryston products in the 2010 Stereophile buyers guide. :nono:

Phil A

Re: Fremer Strikes Again?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:00 pm »
I like this review over at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Stereophile-Magazine/product-reviews/B00007B1PT/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

“like most magazines, Stereophile is a vehicle for selling advertising. Though they like to believe otherwise, Stereophile is no different from GQ or Maxim or Elle magazines. (That shouldn't surprise you, even though it might.) Stereophile's main purpose is to help sell you more stuff, just like almost every other magazine.”

doorman

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:07 pm »
Nothing to get upset about. I wonder what their circulation is these days?
Don

werd

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:12 pm »
I find that hard to believe as Larry Greenhill gave a glowing review of the BDA1 in feb's issue of this year.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:22 pm »
Seriously - does anyone really care or put any substance to what audio reviewers have to say? They remind me of movie critics :nono:

I will decide what sounds great for myself...

Be well...

rob80b

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:37 pm »

Saw that awhile ago but didn't have the heart to mention it.

Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:13 pm »
Not sure I understand guys – I got this the other day

Stereophile's Recommended Components

Dear Colleague,

We are working on the April 2010 issue of Stereophile, which will feature our semi-annual "Recommended Components" section. Below is a list of what MAY be included in our final list. We would appreciate it if you would verify the model number and price, or let us know if the item has been updated (in which case we will need the correct model number and price) or discontinued altogether.  Please also provide us with any updated e-mail addresses and other contact info.  PLEASE DO NOT ADD NEW PRODUCTS THAT WE HAVE NOT REVIEWED.  There is absolutely no way that a product can be included in our list if it hasn’t been reviewed.

Please respond by e-mail to stephen.mejias@sorc.com.  As we are in a severe time crunch, your response by Friday, January 15, would help us immensely.  Of course, sooner is always better.
Should you have any questions, please call our editorial office at (212) 915-4156.  Many thanks for your assistance and cooperation on such short notice.

Stephen Mejias
Assistant Editor

List of components for verification:
•Bryston 10B-SUB crossover: $3050
•Bryston 28B-SST monoblock: $17,000/pair
•Bryston 4B-SST: $4195
•Bryston 7B-SST2 monoblock: $8390/pair
•Bryston 9B-SST: $6795
•Bryston B100-DA SST: $5095
•Bryston BCD-1: $2695
•Bryston BDA-1: $1995
•Bryston SP2: $6295
•Torus Power RM20 AC power isolation unit: $3000

james

melomaniac

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:21 pm »
Saw that awhile ago but didn't have the heart to mention it.

Robert

nah, they'll be in there - the february issue has a review of the bryston DAC, too

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:23 pm »
Talk about timing :D I was wondering what the list price of the B100-DA SST was.

Thanks James :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:28 pm »
Not sure I understand guys – I got this the other day

Stereophile's Recommended Components

Dear Colleague,

We are working on the April 2010 issue of Stereophile, which will feature our semi-annual "Recommended Components" section. Below is a list of what MAY be included in our final list. We would appreciate it if you would verify the model number and price, or let us know if the item has been updated (in which case we will need the correct model number and price) or discontinued altogether.  Please also provide us with any updated e-mail addresses and other contact info.  PLEASE DO NOT ADD NEW PRODUCTS THAT WE HAVE NOT REVIEWED.  There is absolutely no way that a product can be included in our list if it hasn’t been reviewed.

Please respond by e-mail to stephen.mejias@sorc.com.  As we are in a severe time crunch, your response by Friday, January 15, would help us immensely.  Of course, sooner is always better.
Should you have any questions, please call our editorial office at (212) 915-4156.  Many thanks for your assistance and cooperation on such short notice.

Stephen Mejias
Assistant Editor

List of components for verification:
•Bryston 10B-SUB crossover: $3050
•Bryston 28B-SST monoblock: $17,000/pair
•Bryston 4B-SST: $4195
•Bryston 7B-SST2 monoblock: $8390/pair
•Bryston 9B-SST: $6795
•Bryston B100-DA SST: $5095
•Bryston BCD-1: $2695
•Bryston BDA-1: $1995
•Bryston SP2: $6295
•Torus Power RM20 AC power isolation unit: $3000

james

Notice the 7B is on the list - wonder what they will say?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:35 pm »
Notice the 7B is on the list - wonder what they will say?

Fremer strikes again maybe???  :lol:

SHV

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:43 pm »
I guess it's part of the game but being listed in Stereophile is like being listed in a "New Age Magic Crystal" magazine, IMHO.

(OT but my dealings with the Bryston service dept were very positive.)

Steve

rob80b

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:44 pm »
2010 Stereophile buyers guide is out now, the "recommended components" is another offering.
The buyer's guide is just lists with pricing, but takes up the whole issue.
Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:45 pm »
2010 Stereophile buyers guide is out now, the "recommended components" is another offering.
The buyer's guide is just lists with pricing, but takes up the whole issue.
Robert

OK NOW I UNDERSTAND. WE DO NOT FILL OUT THOSE LISTINGS EVERY YEAR - MAYBE WE SHOULD?

rob80b

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jan 2010, 11:58 pm »
OK NOW I UNDERSTAND. WE DO NOT FILL OUT THOSE LISTINGS EVERY YEAR - MAYBE WE SHOULD?

Maybe you should as it's a quick way to compare features and prices for the uninitiated.

Robert

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:17 am »
What's this got to do with Fremer? Does he have responsibility for the compiled listing or are we just bashing him?

werd

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:18 am »
What's this got to do with Fremer? Does he have responsibility for the compiled listing or are we just bashing him?

Nobody here has bashed him. or at least not after the original post. in fact i don't see a conspiracy here at all.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:27 am »
Nobody here has bashed him. or at least not after the original post. in fact i don't see a conspiracy here at all.

Well that's obviously open to interpretation, now isn't it? With a title like that, ya'all are just opening yourself up all over again. It's your circle, do with it what you may but the fact that this is an unsupervised Circle should be more of a concern to all of you folks than what's showing up in Stereophile, IMHO. The clock is ticking,,,,,,

Cheers,
Robin

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:30 am »
Just wondering why his name is mentioned in the title as he probably has very little to do with the buyer's guide.

werd

« Reply #19 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:32 am »

Well that's obviously open to interpretation, now isn't it? With a title like that, ya'all are just opening yourself up all over again. It's your circle, do with it what you may but the fact that this is an unsupervised Circle should be more of a concern to all of you folks than what's showing up in Stereophile, IMHO. The clock is ticking,,,,,,

Cheers,
Robin

Well thats what happens if its unmoderated, posts get started like this and perpetuate. I took that into account, But like i said i don't see any Fremar bashing here. Fremar is so 2009 no one cares anymore anyways. whoops was that a bash?