Super "Vikings" vs Saints

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
Super "Vikings" vs Saints
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 03:07 am »
Go "Super" VIKINGS!

Just like the Cowgirls, make them whine because we scored to many times!  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Super "Vikings" vs Saints
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2010, 03:42 am »
Which team leads the league in Super Bowl losses? I know the Vikings, Bills and Broncos are all contenders, although the Broncos have won a couple.

It's not the worst distinction since several teams have never been there, I think. Houston? Jacksonville? Others?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:40 am »
The Vikes have lost four, but the Bills lost 4 in a row, IIRC.  Of course, Favre is probably the only guy on the team was was even alive when Minnie went to the SB the last time. :oops:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2010, 05:15 am »
The Vikes have lost four, but the Bills lost 4 in a row, IIRC.  Of course, Favre is probably the only guy on the team was was even alive when Minnie went to the SB the last time. :oops:

Yeah, the Bills screwed up the Superbowls for a crazy long time. :duh:   I don't know the answer to your question, but it must certainly be some choke-fest like Detroit, right? Cleveland?

Oh yeah,  Go Saints

Who Dat, :eyebrows:
Jerry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2010, 05:22 am »
Dat will be what will be.  Da Saints are gonna do a whirling dervish down dere.  Sorry Vikings fans.  You done good.  You spanked the Cowboys like they were a baby.  The old master shown.  You're gonna have to be happy with that.

budyog

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2010, 03:43 pm »
Dat will be what will be.  Da Saints are gonna do a whirling dervish down dere.  Sorry Vikings fans.  You done good.  You spanked the Cowboys like they were a baby.  The old master shown.  You're gonna have to be happy with that.

Oh stop! Theirs a lot of fight left in the "Super" Vikings!
We know what we will be happy with and we aint done yet! Prepare your arse!

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:28 pm »
Well as a very wise man once said, you can't win the SB if you've never been there!  :thumb:

Here's my list of no SB teams, starting with my Saints:

Saints
Detroit
Cleveland
Houston (Texans and Oilers)
Jacksonville

Teams that have played but not won SB:

Buffalo
Titans
San Diego?
Eagles
Carolina
Atlanta
Minn
Seattle
Phoenix
LA Rams?

Trick question:

SB 44 is coming up in Miami

So how many SB have there been?  :green:

Gene

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:49 pm »
Oh stop! Theirs a lot of fight left in the "Super" Vikings!
We know what we will be happy with and we aint done yet! Prepare your arse!
They are actually my sentimental favorite.  And there's not much left anyway of my arse to prepare.

dave slagle

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:47 am »
Also remember This is essentially a home game for Brett and the one SB he did win was in that building.  Go vikes!!!  (from a lifelong packer fan)

How about a Vike - Jet SB...

dave

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:59 am »
I'll take the Queens.   It is hard for me to pull for the "Old Man" because I'm a Bears fan but there is no denying that they are stacked.   Both the Oline & Dline are top-notch, they have plenty of great skill players and the best RB in football.    They are balanced on offense and they can get after you on defense.   

The Saints can put some points on the board quick but I don't think they have quite the complete package that the Queens bring to the game. 

budyog

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2010, 03:06 am »
I'll take the Queens.   It is hard for me to pull for the "Old Man" because I'm a Bears fan but there is no denying that they are stacked.   Both the Oline & Dline are top-notch, they have plenty of great skill players and the best RB in football.    They are balanced on offense and they can get after you on defense.   

The Saints can put some points on the board quick but I don't think they have quite the complete package that the Queens bring to the game.
Alright Kevin  :beer:
 We may not agree on GB, but we can agree on the "Super" Vikings!
Go Super Vikings!

Bigfish

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2010, 12:05 pm »
Go "Super" VIKINGS!

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2010, 04:22 pm »
I love my Packers, so it pains me to say this . . .  but Go Vikings! Besides, I figure if Brett & company win the big one this year he can retire a happy camper. Then, my Pack can win next year  :D

budyog

« Reply #13 on: 21 Jan 2010, 05:00 pm »
I love my Packers, so it pains me to say this . . .  but Go Vikings! Besides, I figure if Brett & company win the big one this year he can retire a happy camper. Then, my Pack can win next year  :D
Hey Mike,
I have to say, it is Brett and 3 new neighbor friends who got me into football (the Super Vikings) this year!
Yes, I am one of those you hardcore football fanatics don't care for (1 season fan) and as you may have noticed, I don't get know and don't into all the stats of this and that and I don't watch any other teams/games.
My dear friends of many, many years have always been into football and they have always tried to get me to watch the Vikings, but I always have thought what a waste of time and I have better things to do or would find more interesting things for me to do. Plus, these friends are the real hardcore fanatics and would get too worked up for me. I do not enjoy watching football with them!
So, my new neighbor of 2 years, who lives 200 feet away and his 2 friends (now my friends too) hanging out in his garage all summer started watching the Vikings this season in his garage on beautiful fall Sunday afternoons, I joined in! And they don't get all worked up, just nice time together with friends and that is a big part of it this year.
And then seeing how good Brett is along with who the Vikings also have, I have really got into it this season! Now I bring out my LCD TV and digital converter and host the games in my heated garage and we have a great time!
Brett is so powerful and accurate that every player is trying to be as good as Brett, and that is impressive to me!
Last week I watched the other game after the Vikings and to me, they looked like kids compared to Brett. They did not grab my attention like Brett and company. Maybe if I watch more, I would feel different, but I don't want to get anymore wrapped up in football! This is enough time spent watching sports TV!
I like perfection and Brett has it, so thanks Wisconsin, Brett and go SUPER VIKINGS! A fun football season for us Minnesotans!

P.S. I paid a complement to ACI again under the music circle regarding RTF if you did not see it!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #14 on: 21 Jan 2010, 08:30 pm »
Don't see the Saints D keepin the Vikings from scoring.  But I don't see the Vikes D keeping the Saints from scoring.  Think this one comes down to offense.  With the exception of the old man at his prime, think that favors New Orleans.  Four TD's that sucker made against Dallas.  Damn, that is impressive. 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jan 2010, 12:09 am »
Go New Orleans Saints

I've watched many more of their games this season than I have the ole man vikings so I'm showing the New Orleans Saints a little love this week.  :hyper: 
Their home, their not alone,,, retire that ole'fart Saints!!! :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 22 Jan 2010, 03:53 am »
Looks like Ray Edwards probably won't be able to play.  Damn!  :cuss: The Vikes need him! :duh:  A couple more "big guns" look doubtful too.

Bigfish

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2010, 11:30 am »
Looks like Ray Edwards probably won't be able to play.  Damn!  :cuss: The Vikes need him! :duh:  A couple more "big guns" look doubtful too.

With Ray out they will double down on Allen and give Brees that extra fraction of a second.  Darn!  I don't think the Viking's Secondary can hold up against the Saints Receivers.  The ole man had better gear up for a lot of scoring.

Ken

budyog

« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan 2010, 03:10 pm »
With Ray out they will double down on Allen and give Brees that extra fraction of a second.  Darn!  I don't think the Viking's Secondary can hold up against the Saints Receivers.  The ole man had better gear up for a lot of scoring.

Ken

Oh, Oh, Harvin didn't practice because of head ache issues! Thats 3 potentially not playing Sunday!
Go "Super" Vikings, you can still pull it off. Maybe not like 30 something to 3 but more like 30 something to 20 something and that's ok!
Go "Super" Vikings!                             Go "Super" Vikings!

budyog

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jan 2010, 04:41 pm »
"Super" Vikings 33 Saints 2

Go "Super" Vikings!

This is going to be a fun afternoon!