Super "Vikings" vs Saints

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Re: Super "Vikings" vs Saints
« Reply #40 on: 26 Jan 2010, 03:33 am »

To all the Favre lovers (I'm admittedly a fan because of his toughness), do you think Manning would have thrown that pick on the final Viking drive of the fourth quarter?   :D
[/quote]

Only if he was wearing his Rex Grossman holloween costume.

bummrush

« Reply #41 on: 26 Jan 2010, 03:43 am »
  The more i think about it,i wonder if he just was to banged up by that time and beat from all the pounding he took,otherwise i cant see how he just didnt run at least a few yds down the field.and in essence seal the saints future right there.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #42 on: 26 Jan 2010, 04:16 am »
Brett Favre got so bang up yesterday that he can't play in next Sunday's Pro Bowl. My man, Tony Romo, will be taking his place thereby making the NFC the favorite, so say we all.  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #43 on: 26 Jan 2010, 04:21 am »
  The more i think about it,i wonder if he just was to banged up by that time and beat from all the pounding he took,otherwise i cant see how he just didnt run at least a few yds down the field.and in essence seal the saints future right there.
My guess is because he is first and last a passer and he didn't see the defender closing in on his target.  And he has thrown across his body many times successfully before.  If the defender were a little slower, the ball would have been on the money. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #44 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:47 am »
Put down the crack pipe and step away...

Spit shine his knob all you want, Jman- but you're full of shit. :wink:  He looked like ass in that lame win over a lame Bears time.  He got MVP there like he always does; on the strength of his Sony commercials.  He's not a fraud, but most of the legend around him is.  Of course, that's a top for another thread.  Probably one that'll get locked immediately. :lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #45 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:49 am »
Brett Favre got so bang up yesterday that he can't play in next Sunday's Pro Bowl. My man, Tony Romo, will be taking his place thereby making the NFC the favorite, so say we all.  :dance:
Cheers,
Robin

And Brett gives again to the League.

Tony Romo has to be freaking out that, after how Brett played, he is the starter for the NFC. Somewhere deep inside, Tony is rationalizing how he played (PUSSY) vs. how Brett played (BRASS).

Who cares about the Pro Bowl. It's a bunch of millionaires playing football like it was golf.

I think next year may be an interesting season to see what comes of Mr. Romo...  :)

Go Saints,
Jerry

jackman

« Reply #46 on: 26 Jan 2010, 03:04 pm »
Spit shine his knob all you want, Jman- but you're full of shit. :wink:  He looked like ass in that lame win over a lame Bears time.  He got MVP there like he always does; on the strength of his Sony commercials.  He's not a fraud, but most of the legend around him is.  Of course, that's a top for another thread.  Probably one that'll get locked immediately. :lol:

If Manning is a fraud, who is better?  Tell me a great QB who is getting it done with a bad O-line, poor receivers and a bad team. For years, the ESPN-driven media was acting like Brady was the best QB of this era.  Then he got hurt and his backup, Cassel, came in and the team didn't skip a beat.  The team didn't win a SB but there was no doubt NE ran a great system.  Fast forward to this season and Brady falls apart because his favorite receiver Wes Welker goes down.  IMO, Brady is the most overrated QB of all time.  I'd like to see him line up behind the Bears' pathetic offensive line and try to throw passes to Hester,  :lol:

Manning has the luxury of playing in a dome and has had great receivers through the years, however I believe he elevated the play of his receivers by the way he runs the offense.  This guy doesn't need any additional accolades, but please tell me who is a better QB in this era?  Ben R, Brady, Brees, Favre, Rivers, Warner, Rogers, Romo,etc. Take your pick, and let me know who runs their offense as well as Manning.   :scratch:

I'm sick of the commercials, and rarely agree with the "experts" but this is the rare exception.  Manning is the best QB of this era.  :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: 26 Jan 2010, 04:29 pm »
Something about Peyton Manning annoys me in a big way but I would argue that he is to QBs what Jerry Rice was to wide receivers - the best to ever play the game. He is setting all time career records already and he has probably 5 more seasons to play at a high level.

Are there any Quarterback records he isn't likely to break before he retires?

jackman

« Reply #48 on: 26 Jan 2010, 06:04 pm »
Something about Peyton Manning annoys me in a big way but I would argue that he is to QBs what Jerry Rice was to wide receivers - the best to ever play the game. He is setting all time career records already and he has probably 5 more seasons to play at a high level.

Are there any Quarterback records he isn't likely to break before he retires?

I don't think anyone will ever break Favre's consecutive game record...although Manning has never missed a game.  I never thought I'd see a QB who was better than my all-time favorites (Marino, Montana, and Elway), but Manning might re-write all of the books.  Marino is still my favorite, even though he never won the big game.  I imagine I'll like Favre a lot more once he is out of the game.  It's hard to me to cheer for guys in purple or in yellow.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #49 on: 28 Jan 2010, 10:54 pm »
I watched highlights of the game on "Inside The NFL" who do a great job.  Can't blame Favre, everyone was turning the ball over.  The dropped interception that just popped right into the Vikings players hands.  It just wasn't meant to be, the Vikings just had too many turnovers and that'll lose you the game on most Sundays.

On a side note, Rex Ryan is one cocky sun of a gun, love it wish he was coaching my squad.  I saw the Jets as an average team, but he coached them up into contenders.

jackman

« Reply #50 on: 28 Jan 2010, 11:07 pm »
I watched highlights of the game on "Inside The NFL" who do a great job.  Can't blame Favre, everyone was turning the ball over.  The dropped interception that just popped right into the Vikings players hands.  It just wasn't meant to be, the Vikings just had too many turnovers and that'll lose you the game on most Sundays.

On a side note, Rex Ryan is one cocky sun of a gun, love it wish he was coaching my squad.  I saw the Jets as an average team, but he coached them up into contenders.

You are correct, abt Favre and Ryan.  I have become a fan of Rex Ryan (after growing up a fan of his father) after watching him coach the Jets this year.  I recently read an article about Rex growing up in Chicago and playing sports for Stephenson HS.  People who went to school with him said he was not cocky growing up and that he was a good guy who often stood up for smaller guys when they were being picked on.  He was not an outstanding athlete but was a hard worker.  I'm sorry he's not coaching in Chicago. 

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #51 on: 29 Jan 2010, 02:57 am »
Don't think Rex doesn't know how good Manning is.  Fans can say whatever we like but the people in the game know the real deal.  When Rex says "He just kills you man, you make a mistake against this guy (Manning) and he burns your ass".