Excited about my BCD-1 Purchase :):)

VOLKS

Excited about my BCD-1 Purchase :):)
« on: 18 Nov 2009, 01:54 am »
I rewarded myself today:)....I purchased a BCD-1 from the guys at  Absolute Audio Video in Calgary, Alberta :)........19 inch in silver to match my 4BSST2 and BP26 MM/MC  :)...cant wait :)

werd

Re: Excited about my BCD-1 Purchase :):)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2009, 02:00 am »
Congratz.... you will love it. I just got mine not too long ago. I kinda wish i wouldve got the 19 in model too but mine is in 17 in. black.

Robert D

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2009, 02:20 am »
Congratz !!!!

Balanced Please to othe BP26

Enjoy It only Gets better !

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2009, 02:21 am »
To The BP 26

Robert

werd

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2009, 02:48 am »
Congratz !!!!

Balanced Please to othe BP26

Enjoy It only Gets better !

Robert

try rca's to the tape monitor in. Its as good if not better than balanced to the bp26.

drummermitchell

« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2009, 04:42 am »
She's definately a musical player,she gets my emotions going.
I think you'll be quite happy with her :thumb:.

VOLKS

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2009, 02:22 am »
Finally got my BCD-1 opened/installed and gleefully listening to it as i type this email......First impressions?....DYNAMIC!!!!!!...Sweet Jesus.....the BCD-1 replaced a Grant Fidelity tube CDP........i cannot believe how much the two sound so different!The sound is so very,very "Open/Forward"......where as the Grant Fidelity was very laid back(to much so)......its almost as if i had mud in my ears and a Doctor cleaned them out lol.I am blown away.......i cant get over the sound.....wow!......i just....amazing!.....I was not expecting such a positive difference....i am so happy.......damm it....wow!   Gotta love the nice little Bonus Bryston Leather Jacket i snagged at the same time i got my BCD-1 :)

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 11 Dec 2009, 02:50 am »
Congrats on the purchase.  I have the player a while and enjoy mine.

robb

« Reply #8 on: 11 Dec 2009, 03:02 am »
Glad you got the BCD1--where did you purchase the jacket?

Mag

« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2009, 03:03 am »
Nice system you got there! What speakers are you using?

VOLKS

« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2009, 03:15 am »
I have the KEF XQ 40's............i got the leather jacket directly from Bryston a week ago along with the CDP(the CDP-From a Bryston Dealer).Think they are now offically sold out forever of the Jacket

Moon Doggy

« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2009, 03:57 am »
Finally got my BCD-1 opened/installed and gleefully listening to it as i type this email......First impressions?....DYNAMIC!!!!!!...Sweet Jesus.....the BCD-1 replaced a Grant Fidelity tube CDP........i cannot believe how much the two sound so different!The sound is so very,very "Open/Forward"......where as the Grant Fidelity was very laid back(to much so)......its almost as if i had mud in my ears and a Doctor cleaned them out lol.I am blown away.......i cant get over the sound.....wow!......i just....amazing!.....I was not expecting such a positive difference....i am so happy.......damm it....wow!

Thats great news Volks! Funny because I was just talking to James at Absolute Audio Video in Calgary about 2 weeks ago. Good guy with exceptional service.  Almost bought an Ayre QB-9 USB DAC from him. But decided on the Bryston BCD-1 CD player instead. Bought it here in Winnipeg from Bill at McCulloch Audio Video. Mine should be here just before Christmas! Please share your thoughts as the BCD-1 breaks in 8) over the next week or so.

Enjoy!

Happy Holidays,

James

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec 2009, 08:03 am »
Finally got my BCD-1 opened/installed and gleefully listening to it as i type this email......First impressions?....DYNAMIC!!!!!!...Sweet Jesus.....the BCD-1 replaced a Grant Fidelity tube CDP........i cannot believe how much the two sound so different!The sound is so very,very "Open/Forward"......where as the Grant Fidelity was very laid back(to much so)......its almost as if i had mud in my ears and a Doctor cleaned them out lol.I am blown away.......i cant get over the sound.....wow!......i just....amazing!.....I was not expecting such a positive difference....i am so happy.......damm it....wow!   Gotta love the nice little Bonus Bryston Leather Jacket i snagged at the same time i got my BCD-1 :)

hey, Volks! what did you expect? it's a Bryston!!!

may the sound be with you 8).

al.

Robert D

« Reply #13 on: 11 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm »
Very Nice

Robert

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #14 on: 11 Dec 2009, 03:25 pm »
Way to go on that player . I plan the same this month. I was wandering if the bda-1 is added what is the best interconect to use? I figure the balanced route is the right method. thanks for any suggestions. :thumb:

VOLKS

« Reply #15 on: 11 Dec 2009, 03:34 pm »
Thanks all for the nice comments......I am using Balanced......however i have to upgrade my XLR's.I may just order the Bryston XLR's from their site.

Robert D

« Reply #16 on: 11 Dec 2009, 06:03 pm »
Mp

As well you can use the Digital out of the BCD-1 to your BDA-1

If I were you I would Go from BCD-1 Digital  out AES-EBU to your BDA-1
It's a single balanced Digital Cable. I purchased all of my Cables from Bryston.

If you could get a hold of James that would be your best bet.
Check what cables you are missing and Order. As short as possible is better

Enjoy

Does it get any Better

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #17 on: 11 Dec 2009, 06:05 pm »
Mp

here is a few Bryston Cables for you  :drool:

Robert

VOLKS

« Reply #18 on: 11 Dec 2009, 06:49 pm »
Nice cables.....whats the benfit of BCD-1 Digital  out AES-EBU to my  BP 26 pre over an XLR to my BP26?

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #19 on: 11 Dec 2009, 07:23 pm »
Thanks for the advice.... :thumb:...