Feels good to come back

SteveCornell

Re: Feels good to come back
« Reply #40 on: 9 Nov 2009, 11:30 pm »
Swaggs21,

As others have posted Thanks for doing this!
I too have a complete woodworking shop myself but since I have so many other demanding projects going on put me down for a pair of the N3 flatpacks.
I'm not far from you, just down I-79 in Weston so I can pick them up.
I'll give you a call sometime, I'd love to stop by and check out that CNC router.

Steve

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
    • 33 Degrees East WoodWorking
« Reply #41 on: 10 Nov 2009, 01:53 am »
Steve,

That is awesome. I may be down that way soon. Feel free to come up anytime. If I am not working on the house I am in the shop, so give me a little heads up and I will run up.

Good to see someone from around here :D

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #42 on: 10 Nov 2009, 03:33 am »
I spent some more time in the shop tonight cutting out some front/rear baffles and some braces.

I verified that the AV1, N1X, N2X, AV3, and AV3S are all good to go. I need to do a little maintenance on my machine before I cut any more, but I am really happy with everything so far. Most of measurements are within .001 (farthest out is .004), I hope all of you are ok with those tolerances :o

Things look good for next week, I will keep everyone updated as I can.

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #43 on: 12 Nov 2009, 03:43 pm »
Maintenance is now complete. Verified that the SW-12-04 Sandbox enclosure is good.

Here is another pic that shows some of the custom carving features I offer since I have had a couple ask.

This would depict an inlay of mahogany or cherry in a Super V Side. I have over 1000 models to choose from and can draw new ones to spec, but I am not great at drawing, so I will most likely purchase models from a 3rd party or have my wife draw them :D

ebag4

« Reply #44 on: 12 Nov 2009, 03:53 pm »
Swaggs21, can you price the V-1/Super V sides alone?  With and without the carving would be nice as well.

Thanks,
Ed

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #45 on: 12 Nov 2009, 03:57 pm »
The sides would be $110 for each enclosure without shipping, and carving will depend on whether it is inlay or not, along with wood type, and time to carve inlay. For a Curly Cherry inlay that say takes 4-5 hours to carve, it would be in the $250-$300 each per carving plus the cost of the sides and shipping.

dvenardos

« Reply #46 on: 13 Nov 2009, 09:20 pm »
Any idea when you might have shipping dimensions/weight on the N3?

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #47 on: 14 Nov 2009, 12:16 pm »
Probably some time today, not real sure. Weather has been beautiful so I have been trying to get as much work done on the house as possible.

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #48 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:30 pm »
All,

Sorry for the delay, but some things are out of my hands. Due to the large increase in demand for CNC time and the need for me to continue working on my house, I will be building a newer, bigger, faster machine in the next few weeks. The new machine will include vacuum hold downs and will be able to process a full sheet at one time instead of having to break the sheets down into half sheets. It will also be located at my new house, so I won't have to run 20 minutes a day to the shop in order to cut something. I have not decided whether I will take orders through this period or not due to time restrictions all around. I apologize for the delay, but I know this will make the highest quality product and also help me keep up with orders.

I am still cutting every kit to make sure all dimensions are right, which made me realize I had a problem with my current machine (nothing major, just very perplexing). I am going to try and remedy that this evening, and will keep everyone posted as to when i will be ready to start processing large amounts of orders. I know I have cut some kits for a couple of you and they are about ready to ship, but I will probably not take any more until I can guarantee (without a good deal of watching over) a good, profitable process.

Once again, sorry for the delay, but there are so many hours in a day right now, and I always seem to be looking for more time. I want to be as upfront with all of you as I can, I definitely don't want hard feelings from the community that I am one of myself.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #49 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:47 pm »
Thanks for the update. I was wondering where you were on your timeline. 

Scott

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #50 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:52 pm »
I was trying to let everyone know all weekend, but AC was down for me till first thing this morning.

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #51 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:25 am »
For the SW 12 04 Sand enclosure, does it matter if the 3/8 is MDF or other material? I have not been able to source 3/8" MDF any where around here from my normal contacts, and I am cutting one of these for a member.

Thanks.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #52 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:30 am »
The 3/8" thick part can be plywood.

dvenardos

« Reply #53 on: 9 Dec 2009, 07:13 pm »
Just wondering how things are going on this endeavor.
Not pushing, just curious.  :wink:

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #54 on: 10 Dec 2009, 01:23 am »
I have taken a couple of preliminary orders from customers, and they are starting to be shipped out. I will let them speak for the quality of the product when they receive it. I have been on travel for my real job the last two weeks, so it doesn't allow for any time in the shop or working on the house, which either situation is not optimum.

I may be selling my current machine to someone in the local area, and once I know that it will determine timeline for rolling out full ordering.

If I do sell my current machine, it will allow me to upgrade my current operation for much larger, faster production.

drphoto

« Reply #55 on: 10 Dec 2009, 05:09 am »
I'm interested in an H frame enclosure for dual OB subs. In other words, just the lower bass 'box' part of the V-1. Is that an option?

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #56 on: 10 Dec 2009, 10:57 am »
Sure it is. I will have to get you a price on it, but it is surely an option.

dvenardos

« Reply #57 on: 11 Dec 2009, 04:26 am »
Let us know when you get rolling. I will be doing a set of three N3 tower, but am currently saving up.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #58 on: 12 Dec 2009, 05:44 am »
I had to give you guys your own thread over here in industry ads.

swaggs21

• Industry Participant
  • Man of God
« Reply #59 on: 20 Dec 2009, 06:30 pm »
I am happy to announce that ordering for all flat packs has is being opened up, except for models > 50" in size.

I will keep a list of the order people let me know that they are interested, please PM me if you are interested, what model and quantity you want, along with address. Once your spot is up on the list, I will send you a PM telling you where to paypal the money to.

As said before, I do not want to take money from anyone I am able to fulfill their order. I will be cutting most of the day tomorrow, so if you want it shipped before Christmas, this would be your best chance.

All prices still apply, but I can say that they will be adjusted once my current stock of MDF runs out, which is about 12 sheets.

Merry Christmas to all, I hope to do business with you soon.

The boxes I have for the tower speakers are 48x10 for those of you that have asked, and I should be able to put a set in one box.