pjchappy

« on: 19 Oct 2009, 12:58 am »
Has anyone seen the previews for this yet?  I have a feeling this may just be the worst movie of all time!   :roll:

ajzepp

Re: 2012
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2009, 11:39 am »
I like cusack films generally, but I have to agree....this one looks like ass.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2009, 01:26 pm »
I change the channel when the previews come on. I don't know why but I don't think I can bring myself to watch this movie. Good or bad.

How many people believe in the 2012 theory?

jriggy

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2009, 04:26 pm »
Witch 2012 theory? The whole end of days thing or the awakening of consciousness thing?

The original meaning of "apocalypse" is to unveil, or reveal...
I prefer the transformation of our consciousness, in a 'phase-shift' (over a great period of time as far as me and you are concerned), the development of the noosphere. It has actually already begun... It is just a change of age from one to the next (within the galactic long count calender) Both the Maya and the Hopi have the passing into the next age...

As predicted by  McKenna, Arguelles and Calleman, time itself seems to be changing form, accelerating and intensifying, as events follow each other at breakneck pace.

Arguelles, Jenkins and Calleman are the three main proponents of the concept that the Mayan calender is fundamentally a time schedule for the evolution of consciousness.

Revelations too but it is taken literally by many, missing the symbolism all together.

But I have really only just begun to research this subject.

maxwalrath

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2009, 04:35 pm »

How many people believe in the 2012 theory?

Whoa Bill, be careful with the word theory  :lol:.  In this context it could give other theories a bad name.

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:15 pm »
Has anyone seen the previews for this yet?  I have a feeling this may just be the worst movie of all time!   :roll:

Somebody had too much fun with the CGI.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:25 pm »
I think theory may not be the best term. Not really sure what is :scratch:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:42 pm »
I think theory may not be the best term. Not really sure what is :scratch:

A forecast?  BTW, I don't believe it, but I know some people do.  Saw a documentry on Waco last night, some people think that David Koresh will come back then to take revenge. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:48 pm »
So if the Mayan's are correct, I could go out and get new furniture for the house from a place giving "five years, same as cash", then wouldn't have to pay it back?

Hmmm...

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:59 pm »
A forecast?  BTW, I don't believe it, but I know some people do.  Saw a documentry on Waco last night, some people think that David Koresh will come back then to take revenge.

A forcast sounds like a good term. It has obviously been around for a very long time and there are millions of people preparing now for the event........ maybe 'event' is a better term? Anyway......

I personally know people that went out and purchased enough fire wood to last for 2-3 years and guns to protect it prior to the transition into the year 2000 as they believed all the hype about a total computer melt down.

As far as 2012? Who knows but I am not going to let it consume my life for the next 2 years like others have. If it happens, it happens and there is nothing we could do about it anyway. We have some great technology these days but not that good :lol:

I beleive in enjoying life and not being overly concerned about what may or may not happen in the future. One day at a time.

BobM

« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2009, 07:57 pm »
Our regular calendar ends every year on 12/31 and we celebrate and start it over again. I think the end of the Myan calendar should also bring about a worldwide celebration. Sounds like a good excuse for another party. We could even sacrifice a few hundred ignoble politicians and lawyers for the cause; cutting out their hearts as they watch, then beheading them and tossing the bloody head down the temple steps.

Who's with me?

(PS - please pardon me if this violates the no religion or politics discussion policy, who knows, maybe St Louis Bob is a Mayan priestess in real life)

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2009, 09:27 pm »
I personally know people that went out and purchased enough fire wood to last for 2-3 years

As I spent yesterday and this morning splitting wood, having 2-3 years of firewood doesn't seem like a bad idea to my arms at this moment :D

Wind Chaser

« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2009, 10:22 pm »
As far as 2012? Who knows but I am not going to let it consume my life for the next 2 years like others have. If it happens, it happens and there is nothing we could do about it anyway.

Exactly.  Why worry or fret about fate.  Not giving any credence to the Mayo.  I prefer Miracle Whips instead. :lol:  Less fat.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2009, 10:38 pm »
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the world is going to end for me within the next 60 years.    I'm not sure exactly when, but I'm preparing now.   

Wind Chaser

« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2009, 10:43 pm »
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the world is going to end for me within the next 60 years.    I'm not sure exactly when, but I'm preparing now.

Some might argue maybe, maybe not.  There is the view that nano technology is supposed to keep us all alive and healthy - forever.

Bigfish

« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2009, 10:50 pm »
So if the Mayan's are correct, I could go out and get new furniture for the house from a place giving "five years, same as cash", then wouldn't have to pay it back?

Hmmm...

Bob:

Better still, lets find an audio dealer that will finance with those long, same as cash, payment terms! :thumb:  Let me think:  Pass Labs Monos, Vandersteen 7's, etc. :lol:

Ken

Ken

Wind Chaser

« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2009, 11:09 pm »
Don't stop there.  Take out a second mortgage on your home for a $350K pair of WAVAC SH-833 mono blocks. 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #17 on: 19 Oct 2009, 11:34 pm »

Some might argue maybe, maybe not.  There is the view that nano technology is supposed to keep us all alive and healthy - forever.

If so... I'll avoid it.    I'm looking forward to having a good dirt-nap.   

some young guy

« Reply #18 on: 20 Oct 2009, 12:39 am »

Amen to that brother! Forever? ...I'm tired already!  :duh:

TerryO

« Reply #19 on: 20 Oct 2009, 12:43 am »

Kevin,
Why wait, the next time you're over, I'll let you sleep under my car.

2012 is an ominous date, we're currently negotiating a new 50 year contract with Seattle Public Utilities for water. I hope we can get it done in time before the World and the old contract runs out! Jeez, Y2K was bad enough.
 aa

Best Regards,
TerryO