A couple of products

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
A couple of products
« on: 14 Oct 2009, 07:49 pm »
I don't know when these products became available, but I thought that they might generate some interest.

This is a "Passive EMI/RFI Absorption Device."  http://www.audiointerferencesolutions.com/products.html

This is ERS, an "EMI/RFI Absorption Fabric."  http://www.stillpoints.us/Stillpoints/ers_applications.html 

clipped

Re: A couple of products
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2009, 07:53 pm »
 :roll:

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2009, 07:56 pm »
 :drool:

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2009, 08:00 pm »
Gee whiz bang golly gosh oh my!  And I thought I was doing everything necessary to design a really ground breaking new little tube amp.

How stupid of me to not include all this neat stuff.  Too late now, the chassis are under construction and there is not room for a pile of sand inside or a pile of anything else anywhere near the unit.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

P.S.  What do you think about a light champaign gold bead blasted matt finish faceplate with black text and graphics?  Looks pretty nice here.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2009, 08:36 pm »
What I like best about the Ophiopogon 3.0 is that the rubber feet 'modules' are actually the entire square sheet of 4 feet that you usually peel the individual feet off of!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank, unless you want to, like some companies, offer both black and silver faceplates with all the inherent inventory and logistic problems that entails, I say give 'em champagne!  You won't please the black component people with silver and the silver component people with black, so go for the gold.

It worked out pretty good for the Marantz high-end component line (although I see they are now bringing out some special edition 'black pearl' models).

The worst design decision I have seen was the Audio Refinement line which didn't just have silver or black faceplates, but each color had matching casework and heatsinks.  What an inventory nightmare.

Steve

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2009, 08:46 pm »
BTW, I may be making several pairs of Hemp Cables in COLOR as these cables were highly regarded at the RMAF. Colors may include the usual light tan (started as green), but evaluation is not done with the red or yellow. Blue has not been sourced yet, but would be my favorite (unless the sound is too dark). Frank may think the yellow is too bright, but I have a fix for that if he ever squawks, SUNGLASSES!

we've tried the Sonicrock, we have also considered Tranquil Dots and Tranquilizers (on the listener) but the effect of tranquilizers has many times exceeded the 4 hour limit and there has been a lot of needless calls to the doctor concerning the 4 hour window. We are considering a lower dose so that any time can be the right time. Ask your doctor if you are healthy enough to listen to music.

The original Hemp cable (or Hempfantastic as we refer to it at the shop) is slowly becoming shorter and Frank had that accusatory look for me as we drove home from Denver and when ever the topic was brought up, it was quickly squelched. Now I know how Nixon felt (he was not a crook).

We may also have a name the cable contest. Hempfantastic is sort of an inside joke, so the slate is clean on a new name. I kind of like Hemp-me-baby, but may be too graphic for some. I also like Hemp-a-sphere or Hempty-Tempty.

8)   

srb

« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2009, 08:57 pm »
Oh cool!  Another naming contest!

1.  The AVA Hemp Audio Pipes

Steve

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:06 pm »
We may also have a name the cable contest. Hempfantastic is sort of an inside joke, so the slate is clean on a new name.

My 1st nomination is Kentucky Kables, since Kentucky is The Hemp State. 

My 2nd nomination is Miami Vice Hemp-Jacketed Cables, named after the hemp blazer worn by Don Johnson in Miami Vice.
http://www.rawganique.com/JacketBlazer.htm

My nominations nos. 3 through 82 will be forthcoming.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:09 pm »
Oh cool!  Another naming contest!

The AVA Hemp Audio Pipes

Steve

Or Hemp Pipe.  :wink:

Wayner

« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:12 pm »
Excellent!

Always looking for other non-outcome based products to enhance the AVA line, so more suggestions like OITP's are welcome. Remember discrimination equals ignorance! Should there also be a consideration of a line of interconnects to compliment the Hemp line? What about the concerns between the outer hemp covering and the outer shielding? Perhaps the final solution may be to leave out the shielding, which makes the product way easier to make and cost AVA less to produce, increasing profits to unbelievable margins. How about considering another optional cost paper outer jacket (yea, that's it, jacket) to enhance the Hemp IC and make the product much easier for the end user as it will be ready to use without break in. AVA won't need no smoke machine, It's machines SMOKE, baby!

;)

mark funk

« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:23 pm »
Hay know wait a sec, Don't you think you should ask the guy that makes the Rope Cable before you start cutting into his
products. I am coming out with two new products, Rope IC and Rope power cables they were not ready for RMAF but in
a few weeks.                                                                   :smoke:

Wayner

« Reply #11 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:32 pm »
Mark,

Stealing ideas is no big deal! After all, people steal music, money and identities and it doesn't seem to matter. I'm sure frank will cut you in!  ;)

Wayner

srb

« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:33 pm »
2.  THC (Totally Hemp Cables)

Steve

Wayner

« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:34 pm »
Mark, we also need to know how you got the wire thru the Hemp driver cable.

:scratch:

avahifi

« Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2009, 10:37 pm »
Wire?  What wire?   :o

Frank

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2009, 10:46 pm »
No wire?  Then they are Transcendhemptal.

pardales

« Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2009, 12:00 am »
No wire?  Then they are Transcendhemptal.

:duh: :lol:

moboman

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2009, 12:48 am »
Wayner,
If color is what you want, have you looked at belden speaker cable? I just got a box of 16ga purple and I know they make it in orange and other colors too. It's about double the price of a normal box of 16/2 speaker cable but it is rated for indoor/outdoor use and direct burial. Made in the USA and has a 10 year warranty.  :drool:

So for double the price of cheep chinese speaker wire, I can be covered for 10 years  :D

I switched from my cheaper than radioshack lampcord to this stuff only because my old stuff was green and nasty.

How about the name transcendent or super hemp cables.  :lol: or ultra.  :P just have to stick with the Van alstine theme for VA cables.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2009, 03:53 pm by moboman »

charmerci

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2009, 09:32 am »
2.  THC (Totally Hemp Cables)

Steve

STOP! Go no further. We have a winner! :beer:

Wayner

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2009, 11:54 am »
Well, I wondered how the Hemp cable worked so now I see it's a mystery. Imagine how the customers will feel when the manufacturer can't even explain how they work! It's truly a Renaissance period of time!

Wayner  :smoke: