You know you are getting old when..........

enjoythemusic

Re: You know you are getting old when..........
« Reply #40 on: 18 Dec 2009, 11:15 pm »
You and your amazing woman go see Tony Bennett this past summer and are pretty much the youngest couple in the audience... and the only ones who get up and start to romantically slow dance in the aisle as he sings one of his great tunes.

You know you are old when... you remember ZZ Top opening with the song Thank You from their then new album Deguello... or Rush when they were supporting Hemispheres... or King Crimson...

...yet WISH i was old enough to have seen Billie Holiday or Ella live during their prime (sigh).

Dawkus

« Reply #41 on: 18 Dec 2009, 11:29 pm »
You know your old when you hear....snap,crackle,pop,..in the morning before you pour your milk on your Rice Crispys.....Dawkus

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #42 on: 23 Dec 2009, 06:48 pm »
You haven't heard of a single song from the Billboard top 10 singles List for the year.

Or was it a decade?  :roll:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #43 on: 23 Dec 2009, 07:54 pm »
You haven't heard of a single song from the Billboard top 10 singles List for the year.

good one!

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #44 on: 23 Dec 2009, 09:09 pm »

or the past two decades?  and you listen to fm +90% of the time you are listening to music?   :o

doug s.

Bigfish

« Reply #45 on: 23 Dec 2009, 09:12 pm »

Darn, I think that fits me!

chrisby

« Reply #46 on: 23 Dec 2009, 09:28 pm »
when elevator muzak is too new to recognize

werd

« Reply #47 on: 23 Dec 2009, 11:11 pm »
when it's easier to wear one of those stupid sleep apnea machines than lose 20lbs exercising.

drphoto

« Reply #48 on: 26 Dec 2009, 02:11 am »
I think chrisby wins the prize! That is priceless. (sorry, I don't know how to do the 'quote' thing...I'm too old to figure it out!)

However, I'm young enough to know that the good stuff comes from the 'net either by "internet radio", friends recommendations, CD Baby, et al, and not commercial broadcast.  (we do have a very cool public radio station here that plays some great stuff over the airwaves.....WFPK....online too)

Good music still lives on. Though you might have to search it out.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #49 on: 27 Dec 2009, 05:07 am »
Everything is done for you.

rodge827

« Reply #50 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:20 am »
You and your amazing woman go see Tony Bennett this past summer and are pretty much the youngest couple in the audience... and the only ones who get up and start to romantically slow dance in the aisle as he sings one of his great tunes.

You know you are old when... you remember ZZ Top opening with the song Thank You from their then new album Deguello... or Rush when they were supporting Hemispheres... or King Crimson...

...yet WISH i was old enough to have seen Billie Holiday or Ella live during their prime (sigh).
TRUE!!!

Also when your daughter's 29 yr old boy friend explains how he can run his whole house audio system from iphone apps. (WTF is an app?)
To much to learn!!
Give me a disc, a good bottle of red, and the time to enjoy both.
Ahhhh.... now thats the ticket!!!

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #51 on: 28 Dec 2009, 04:13 pm »
...you post replies to a "You know you are getting old when..." thread.  :wink:

--Jerome

mairzydoats

« Reply #52 on: 29 May 2011, 07:58 pm »
Seen Ron Wood lately? Looks one foot closer to the grave than Keith Richards if that's even possible.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/apr/23/ronnie-wood-interview-simon-hattenstone

Nels Ferre

« Reply #53 on: 29 May 2011, 08:03 pm »
Or when the classic rock station plays stuff that came out when you were in Jr. High.

A good friend and I went and saw Ian Anderson last winter. We were the youngest people in the venue (both in our 40s.)

I am curious to see what the crowd will be like at Primus on Friday night.

JackD201

« Reply #54 on: 29 May 2011, 08:09 pm »
In my country all the nasty teenagers said us  ''ei Tio'' (hey Uncle) to start a talk. Very unpleasant.

We have the same tradition here in my country FRM. I'm being called "Tito", your version of Tio, a lot these days.

The funniest was when our gang partied hard in the VIP section of Surrender, a club at the Wynn in Vegas late last year. We were collectively celebrating our 40th birthdays. A young man joined us and said "Man, I wish I can still party the way you guys do when I'm your age!"

Hey! WTF???????  :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I could come up with was, "You ain't seen nothing, you should have seen how we partied when we were YOUR age!"   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

mairzydoats

« Reply #55 on: 29 May 2011, 08:14 pm »
In my not so distant LA days seemed mostly boomers at the Greek for performers like Fogerty. These days prefer venues like Jazz Bakery, easier to remain inconspicious in a darkened room  :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #56 on: 29 May 2011, 11:54 pm »
"You ain't seen nothing, you should have seen how we partied when we were YOUR age!" 

Coming from a 41 year old, I fully support the above message.  :thumb:

Bob - Not old.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #57 on: 30 May 2011, 12:34 am »
...you go to bed healthly and wake up injured.

Doc.

nature boy

« Reply #58 on: 30 May 2011, 12:41 am »
....  you drool a lot. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

NB

decal

« Reply #59 on: 30 May 2011, 01:09 am »
You start looking for your name in the obituaries !!!!!   :duh: