Thanks Danny!

Se7en

Thanks Danny!
« on: 30 Aug 2009, 02:23 am »
...for sharing your latest creation with us at Arthur's today.

For those who could not attend, Danny has another winner on his hands!

It was great to finally meet you today, hearing your new speaker was a real treat!

-Gabriel

sl_1800

Re: Thanks Danny!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2009, 01:40 pm »
Gabriel is correct, Danny's new speakers are a real treat.  I'm working on Danny to let me try those at my house to compare them to my Orion's.  Well Danny what do you think?

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2009, 01:52 pm »
Gabriel is correct, Danny's new speakers are a real treat.  I'm working on Danny to let me try those at my house to compare them to my Orion's.  Well Danny what do you think?

I look forward to a head to head comparison. This will be interesting.

Anand.

TrungT

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2009, 02:31 pm »
Danny latest creation:
http://dako.us/images/NTAJ03.jpg

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2009, 03:26 pm »
That looks nice but I prefer to see the drivers.

TrungT

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2009, 03:29 pm »

TomS

nrenter

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2009, 03:31 pm »
[Edited] Whoops...kind of a redundant post.

TrungT

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2009, 03:33 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2009, 06:17 pm »
I'm working on Danny to let me try those at my house to compare them to my Orion's.  Well Danny what do you think?

Okay, I need to get some more burn in time on them between now and the RMAF. So if you could burn them in for me for a good week or two then that will be great. Just don't put any dings on them. That Ash is hard as nails and I don't want to have to sand out any scratches.  :wink:

grubyhalo

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2009, 06:32 pm »
Whoa man, they look sweet! I'dve personally liked the top of the baffle to be flat but thats just me! How do they sound? Especially with respect to the V-1's?!

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2009, 06:38 pm »
I think that these match the mid-range and highs of the V-1's quite well, and while they do have great bass response and play fairly low, it is just not the same as the servo subs in the V-1's. However, this kit will be introduced at only $1,295.

TrungT

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2009, 07:22 pm »
Toms
Thanks for put the pictures link to work.

Nick77

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2009, 08:00 pm »
I think that these match the mid-range and highs of the V-1's quite well, and while they do have great bass response and play fairly low, it is just not the same as the servo subs in the V-1's. However, this kit will be introduced at only $1,295.

I assumed those were the servo subs, are they powered with a seperate amp?

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2009, 08:07 pm »

I assumed the same thing... so which drivers are they and what is included in the $1295?

sl_1800

« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2009, 08:55 pm »
Burning them in would be no problem.  Let's do it!!!  And for the scratches.....well I know this dude that has a awsome set of tools, he can fix anything.

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2009, 09:38 pm »
Burning them in would be no problem.  Let's do it!!!  And for the scratches.....well I know this dude that has a awsome set of tools, he can fix anything.

That's what I thought.  :thumb:

The subs are not the servo subs. That would push it to within $100 of the V-1's.

The subs are an Eminence Acoustinator N2012. It uses a small but powerful Neo magnet that allows me to lay them over 45 degrees without the magnet hitting the side of the box. So it keeps the box width down.

The kit will include all plans, crossover parts, a pair of BM8 CXA's (P-Audio co-Axial), 4 of the Eminence subs, and a pair of custom built plate amps that have the response tailored to mirror image the roll off of the Eminence woofers in the open baffle. And of coarse all the screws, wire, solder, heat shrink, binding posts, connectors, floor spikes etc.

ttan98

« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2009, 10:50 pm »
The  Eminence Acoustinator, looks interesting. What is the x-over freq between midrange and Eminence? Also mounting the woofer in V shape, do you use any equalization to flatten the freq. response?

Cheers on another new pair of good value speakers.

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2009, 10:57 pm »
They cross in the 200Hz range.

The frequency response is already flat and needs no EQ.

ttan98

« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:05 am »
Thanks for reply, more questions pls,

What is the lowest Freq., the Eminence can put out, say at -3dB? Is there any adv. you can find by mounting woofer in V-shape instead of H or U frame other that having a narrower baffle?

Cheers.