Thanks Danny!

nrenter

Re: Thanks Danny!
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:12 am »
I think that's a fair question, and one that has crossed my mind.

Is there a design rationale that dictates the woofers fire front-to-back rather than side-to-side? A side firing woofer section would allow for a solid front and rear baffle (basically, your H-frame rotated 90 degrees) and provide a nice rear surface to mount the amp. Perhaps there is a reason not to do this (particularly with the servo-subs). Just a thought.

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:20 am »
What is the lowest Freq., the Eminence can put out, say at -3dB?

In my room they were hitting -3db's in the mid to high 20's.

Is there any adv. you can find by mounting woofer in V-shape instead of H or U frame other that having a narrower baffle?

Well, a more narrow baffle and less surface reflections is a pretty good reason. It worked really well.

The only problem I see in using the folded design in other applications is the limited ability to brace it well. With the added side panels and the No Rez material on the inside, it was really solid. Without those two things then each panel area is a little large for my comfort to not be able to get a brace in there.

Is there a design rationale that dictates the woofers fire front-to-back rather than side-to-side?

You can't do an open baffle with the woofers firing side to side or the null (front wave and back wave cancellation) will be on the listening axis.

A side firing woofer section would allow for a solid front and rear baffle (basically, your H-frame rotated 90 degrees) and provide a nice rear surface to mount the amp. Perhaps there is a reason not to do this (particularly with the servo-subs). Just a thought.

Sorry, it won't work that way. All open baffle designs have to face the listener.

ttan98

« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:31 am »
What is the lowest Freq., the Eminence can put out, say at -3dB?

Pretty impressive without any equalization at the bottom end I presume.

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:47 am »
The output of the amp has been shaped with a circuit that will mirror image the roll off in an open baffle.

ttan98

« Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:52 am »
The output of the amp has been shaped with a circuit that will mirror image the roll off in an open baffle.

Hi,

Do you mean you use Rhymik amp in conjunction with these drivers? Or just any amp then how do you have the amp?

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:23 am »
I had a custom amp made for this application. It would also be real good for our SW-12B in a sealed box.

I only had one of them though as they only sent one sample. So Brian really helped me out and sent me a pair of A300 (non-servo) amps to use. The variable boost circuits made it fairly similar to the custom amps.

ttan98

« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:24 am »
Thanks I understand now.

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:31 am »
The output of the amp looks like this other than the production units will allow the subs to play a little higher.

ttan98

« Reply #28 on: 31 Aug 2009, 03:45 am »
Your amp equalization curve helps, however more questions pls., hope you don't mind.

What is the rated o/p power of the power amp? What is the min. power o/p you recommend?

Do Eminence woofers sound VERY different from the your proprietory woofers with Rhymik servo amp?

Is is possible to describe the differences in the sound reproduction of the 2 implementations?

cheers.

HT cOz

« Reply #29 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:32 pm »
Danny,

That V2 looks amazing!  Bravo  :drool:

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:32 pm »
What is the rated o/p power of the power amp?

It is a 200 watt amp, and I find that I only have to turn it about 1/3rd of the way up to balance it to the upper driver.

True sensitivity in the lower ranges on those Acoustinator woofers is about 92db each, so they don't need a lot of power.

What is the min. power o/p you recommend?

For the main speaker itself? We were driving it really well with Gary's 15 watt amp and only ran it out of juice one time when upstairs in the big listening room.

Do Eminence woofers sound VERY different from the your proprietory woofers with Rhymik servo amp?

There is quite a difference in the lower region. The servo subs are much faster and play lower.

Is is possible to describe the differences in the sound reproduction of the 2 implementations?

In short, both sound very good and very similar aside from the difference in sensitivity. The real difference is in the bottom end.

HT cOz

« Reply #31 on: 1 Sep 2009, 03:12 am »
OK, just saw another angle of the new V2.  They looked sweet!  Anyone in the market for a kit must be crazy not to give serious consideration to them.

aa

mikeb

« Reply #32 on: 3 Sep 2009, 02:57 am »
Here is another angle that shows their size relative to other equipment.:

kp93300

« Reply #33 on: 4 Sep 2009, 04:48 am »
Hi,
Any back views of V2?
How do the high compare to the OB 5 tweeter?
You got me interested !
Thanks
kp93300

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #34 on: 4 Sep 2009, 01:48 pm »
Here's one I snapped of the V2 at Art's meet, hope it helps.