• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Sneak Peak
« Reply #60 on: 3 Sep 2009, 08:29 pm »
Cool!

Daniel Datchev

« Reply #61 on: 7 Sep 2009, 01:26 pm »
As asked some pics.........

Not tidy, not finished! but up and running in........

Still waiting last black ash rack and a couple of mains items........

Speaker angles not set etc.

The old speaker system is stacked in the room so I can get wide angle shots at the mo! or of the rears........

All taken with flash as the room is 100% light controlled, all walls and ceiling are acoustic foam covered in non reflective fabric.

BB5's and stands are now out of boxes but protective covered so I cant photo at the mo - Need to re arrange that room at the weekend Tannoy Buckinghams & PMCBB5's in the same room leaves very little room to move !!!

And UK rooms are small !!!

Feel free to ask anything, Thank you for viewing.

Andy.

Above left to right
Rack 1 : Bryston 7B SST, Bryston 7B SST, Bryston 7B SST, Isotek IIxMM (Mains tx)
Rack 2 : Belkin PS50 (Mains tx), Denon 3800 Blu Ray, Isotek IIxMM (waiting delivery)
Rack 3 : Bryston 14B SST, Onkyo 886
Rack 4 : Toshiba XE1/XA2 HD DVD,BT Vision (UK TV), HTPC
Rack 5 : Belkin PS50, Isotek IIxMM (waiting delivery)
Rack 6 : Bryston 7B SST, Bryston 7B SST, Bryston 7B SST, Isotek IIxMM

Smooth front Brystons  :D

More smooth look  8)

Hi Andy,
you said that your room is light treated. What about bass traps as there are a lot of big guns in your system?
Daniel

Mad Mr H

« Reply #62 on: 7 Sep 2009, 06:33 pm »
3 rows of raised seating  :wink: act as excellent bass traps

The seats are from the old Hammersmith Walt Disney preview cinema, closed a long time ago, stored by a film director who then sold them to me  :D

They are in three rows of four seats in a tiered formation allowing all seats to have a clear view of the screen. the first rise is 165mm the second rise 190mm.

These are old photos but the chairs are the same, walls now black fabric over acoustic foam.

Subs not connected yet, If there is an issue then I will look towards a resolution.

I am waiting a few items to return from a health check up and then I can get back to these systems.........thats taking a lot longer than expected.

Today I added RS232 control of HD DVD XE1 (XA2) player and Zektor HDMI switch in the living room system via pronto 9600 control unit.

vegasdave

« Reply #63 on: 9 Sep 2009, 01:58 am »
Awesome.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #64 on: 9 Sep 2009, 08:56 pm »

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #65 on: 9 Sep 2009, 09:16 pm »
Mr H,

You will never want to get out of those chairs  :D  :drool:  :sleep: :!:

Be well...

vegasdave

« Reply #66 on: 9 Sep 2009, 09:59 pm »

Mad Mr H

« Reply #67 on: 10 Sep 2009, 08:44 am »
There is one of these on every seat  :D

1oldguy

« Reply #68 on: 10 Sep 2009, 12:05 pm »
More than impressed.Very nice set up to say the least.Love it I tell you.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #69 on: 22 Sep 2009, 11:01 pm »
A Massive THANK YOU to James and the team at Bryston.

My 3B SST which is to be the HF amp of the PMC BB5's is now rack mountable - It was my only 17" version and has now been fitted with 19" parts ready to join its friends  :D .

I am working on turning the two 4B SST's that run the bass & Mid into 7B SST2's  :icon_lol:

That is a stepping stone to going active with 10B's which is my final aim for the BB5's.......

Slow going at the mo as I have little spare time, but trying to do somethng every day.

Andy.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #70 on: 15 Mar 2011, 09:51 pm »
Wow.........

Been a long time...........

Someone mentioned that the MB2's on the racks looked odd / out of place - I dont remember who but I thank them for the honest opinion.

I agreed with that opinion but with the system kit list and space it was difficult to change, one option was additional black ash to create a more built in look, the concern was creating bass traps and reflections from the image on the wood might cause issues.

So I got rid of the MB2's instead.

From the front and used them as "XBD's" under the rear MB2s.

The center MB2 stays,

Racks moved about and LESS amps in the front racking, moved rear amps close to rears.

Yep that's about it.

Oh! I almost forgot that left a LARGE space at the front, So really the only thing to fill that gap would be BB5 XBD's

Story to follow on how these arrived when I find time.

Currently the fronts are being built in one piece not a PMC option - But happy to have them use MY design.......... :thumb:

Hope you like the pics, more info when I find time.