Post a pic...win a hat!

jsalk

Post a pic...win a hat!
« on: 4 Jun 2009, 02:44 am »
OK.  As noted in an earlier post, I succumbed to my daughters' pressure and created a Salk Signature Sound page on Facebook.  And today I created an album for Owner's Photos.  Of course, very few of the people who have signed on as fans (quite a few relatives) have our speakers.  And it would be very embarrassing if I was the only person posting pictures in this area.  So I had a thought...

I thought that if everyone posting pictures in the Owner's Photos album would get a free pair of HT4's, we'd have plenty of pictures in short order.  I ran the idea by Mary (my wife) and she emphatically said ABSOLUTELY NOT.  Then she reminded me that we had a small supply of Salk Sound hats left from an order we placed some time ago.

So here is what I came up with.  Each week for the next four weeks, we will do a blind drawing from among all the people who have posted photos in our Facebook Owner's Photo album during the preceding week.  The winner would get a free Salk Sound hat (hey, it may not be much, but it is free).  Here's how it would work...

Post a pic and then return to this thread and leave a message that you have done so.  On June 13th, 20th, 27th and July 4th, we will put the names of everyone who posted a picture and left a message here in a hat (we'll use one of the one's we're giving away) and draw a name.  Then we will ship a hat to that person in their choice of black or white (no custom orders please  :lol:).

Granted, a hat is not quite as nice as a pair of HT4's (or whatever they will be called).  But at least you won't have to wait until its built.

If you're interested, here is a link to our Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salk-Signature-Sound/86706101669?ref=ts

And while you're there, feel free to post something on the discussion page as well.  I haven't had a chance to try that one out yet.

- Jim

UPDATE:  Well, I'm learning a little about Facebook here.  I guess you can't post to albums I create.  So you will have to post your pictures as Fan pictures.  I'll get this figured out yet.
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2009, 12:01 pm by jsalk »

robinje

Re: Post a pic...win a hat!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2009, 03:11 am »
I've got a nice picture of my Songtower RT's that I could put up in your Facebook gallery, but it's not immediately obvious how to upload pics to another Facebook user's gallery.  Are you sure this can be done?  If so, how?   :scratch:

Thanks! 

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2009, 04:25 am »
I've got a nice picture of my Songtower RT's that I could put up in your Facebook gallery, but it's not immediately obvious how to upload pics to another Facebook user's gallery.  Are you sure this can be done?  If so, how?   :scratch:

Thanks!

Good question.  May be you can't post pictures to the Album I created.  But it looks like you can submit "fan photos".  So I guess that is the way we will have to do it.

- Jim

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2009, 05:13 am »
Pic posted.  You did want speaker pics and not people pics, right? 

P.S.  I am Brandon Brunner.  And I liked the idea about an HT4 give away better.  haha!   :lol:
« Last Edit: 5 Jun 2009, 05:16 pm by Nuance »

robinje

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2009, 05:30 am »
Pic posted.  For reference, my real name is Jim Robin... so there ya go!

vintagebob

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2009, 06:01 am »
Yikes!  :o   Quick, send me my speakers.  :wink:

Doh!

rahimlee54

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2009, 12:56 pm »
Nevermind I figured it out, I'll add a pic tonight.

earthbound

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2009, 03:50 pm »
Yikes!  :o   Quick, send me my speakers.  :wink:

Doh!

Same here!  Jim - quit answering the phone and taking care of other distractions, like eating and sleeping, and get to work on my HT2-TLs!  :D  Don't make me resort to posting a pic of my 30+ year old speakers!  :sad:

bryede

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2009, 05:45 pm »
Same here!  Jim - quit answering the phone and taking care of other distractions, like eating and sleeping, and get to work on my HT2-TLs!  :D  Don't make me resort to posting a pic of my 30+ year old speakers!  :sad:

You sure you want speakers made by a guy who hasn't been eating or sleeping?  :wink:

earthbound

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2009, 06:17 pm »

You sure you want speakers made by a guy who hasn't been eating or sleeping?  :wink:

Uhh . . . . now that you mention it . . . . no.  :slap:

turkey

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2009, 06:41 pm »
To make things easier, just send me next week's hat. That way people won't have to fuss around with posting pictures and you won't have to pick anything out of a hat...

evan1

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2009, 07:52 pm »
I figured it out also. So please send a hat in a nice color

intamin22

« Reply #12 on: 5 Jun 2009, 09:15 pm »
Picture posted; I'm Alex Tracy btw.

funkmonkey

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jun 2009, 09:21 pm »
can't figure out how to post a fan pic.  can anyone help?

evan1

« Reply #14 on: 5 Jun 2009, 09:43 pm »
hey Funk
click on the spot at the top of the page where it says Write Something and the photo icon will appear

jd3

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jun 2009, 12:12 am »
Pic posted...I'm John Drury. 

funkmonkey

« Reply #16 on: 6 Jun 2009, 01:08 am »
Thanks Evan.  I had to reload the page about four times and click like a madman, but I finally got it to work...   Facebook has been a little strange lately, and slower than normal.

Anyway.  PIC posted for this week.  Put me in the hat... for the hat (a black one please).  :thumb:

-Funk

PS-
Jim, can we post a pic every week, and still qualify for each drawing?

jsalk

« Reply #17 on: 6 Jun 2009, 01:34 am »
Jim, can we post a pic every week, and still qualify for each drawing?

Sure.  No problem.

- Jim

ardee

« Reply #18 on: 6 Jun 2009, 02:45 pm »
Jim,

Do the photos have to be of received speakers and finished? :roll:
I couldn't resist and thanks by the way.

Robert D.

koiman

« Reply #19 on: 6 Jun 2009, 04:23 pm »
 Jim,
 I will take the black hat.. Make sure you grab my name OK. I finely figured out how to post the picture.

(Lee) Leon Pence