Newbie Would Appreciate Some Advice!

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
Re: Newbie Would Appreciate Some Advice!
« Reply #40 on: 6 Jul 2009, 09:09 pm »
Roger,

Thanks so much for your trust.  The ending is even better as I have examined another angle that you sent me and the network is correctly wired.  I tried a different layout on this one and you just can't see it in the posted photo but all is well.

Whew!  I guess that is why the speakers sound fantastic as-is - they are :D

Sean

Ron

« Reply #41 on: 6 Jul 2009, 11:25 pm »
 That is great news Sean and Roger!!!  Really glad to near that the crossovers were wired correctly and that no changes are required. I know that Sean is a very honest and conscientious person and I did not mean in any way to be critical of his work. Since it appeared from the posted photographs that an error might exist, I merely wanted Roger and Sean to be aware of it. Again, I am glad that all turned out well.

Ron

RogerB

« Reply #42 on: 7 Jul 2009, 12:16 am »
Thanks Ron!  Funny thing is, my dad was over yesterday and I was playing him some music so he could hear my new speakers and he was blown away by them!  When I called him today and told him there might be a wiring problem he said " Roger, there's no way anything that sounds that good could have a wiring problem!"  And he knows alot more about electronics/wiring/ etc..., than I do!  Ha!!! 

Anyway, I've been listening to these puppies for three straight days, probably close to 50 hours and they are like magic!  I'm listening to some Ottmar Liebert as I type this and the acoustic guitar just blows me away!  The clarity and detail is amazing!!

I knew I would love these when I read where Danny doesn't like highs that that cause him fatigue.  I'm the same way.  These are sooooo smooth and sweet!

Last week while I was waiting for my cabinets to arrive I built some speaker stands to put my new speakers on.  I will post a picture of the stands and my completed speakers soon.

Thanks again Danny, Sean & Ron!

Roger

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #43 on: 7 Jul 2009, 02:56 pm »
Ron,

You've got nothing to worry about from me.  I'd much rather have a problem found than have messed up speakers out there :D

Sean

That is great news Sean and Roger!!!  Really glad to near that the crossovers were wired correctly and that no changes are required. I know that Sean is a very honest and conscientious person and I did not mean in any way to be critical of his work. Since it appeared from the posted photographs that an error might exist, I merely wanted Roger and Sean to be aware of it. Again, I am glad that all turned out well.

Ron

RogerB

« Reply #44 on: 12 Jul 2009, 08:34 pm »
Time to say a final few words about my N2X speaker project.  I've got close to 100 hours on them as they have been playing almost none stop for about 10 days.  I absolutely love them!  I'm so glad many of you encouraged me to get this kit instead of doing the ninja mod on my elt 525monitors.  I mean, the 525's are sweet little monitors, but, they are not in the same league with the Neo 2x's!!!

I've really enjoyed rediscovering my cd collection.  I listen to all kinds of music and it all sounds fantastic on these.  I'm always hearing things I've never heard before.  As others have said, these speakers sound great right from the git go but really smooth out nicely at around the 75 - 100 hour mark.  I love the mids and highs on these.  Very smooth and lush but with great clarity and detail.  These will definitely keep me happy until the kids are through college...in about 10 years.  Heck, I could be happy with these forever!

I'm including a couple of final pics of my little slice of heaven.  My Dad and I built the stands the N2X's are on last week.  I saw the plan on a website and liked how simple they were to build.  Four 2x6's cut to 26" each and some mdf board and your in business.  The only tricky part is cutting the 45 degree angle on the top and bottom mdf boards.  Makes it look nicer tho.  On the bottom shelf of the audio rack is my Little Dot MkIII tubed headphone amp!  Makes those headphones really shine when the family is around and I can't listen to my speakers.  I put it on the bottom shelf so I can watch those tubes glow while it plays!

Did I mention how much I love these speakers!!!???  LOL!!

Roger

Ron

« Reply #45 on: 12 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm »
 Your system looks very nice Roger. I really like your stands too. The Neo 2X's are wonderful sounding speakers.Very smooth and natural. They are the type of speakers you can listen to for hours on end and not develop listeners fatigue. Hope you enjoy them for many years to come.

Ron