RM30 photo

TLS

RM30 photo
« Reply #60 on: 26 Dec 2003, 12:52 am »
Hey kana,

When you get a brain THEN POST!!!!!! :o Or when YOU make some better speakers LET US KNOW!!!!!!

warnerwh

RM30 photo
« Reply #61 on: 26 Dec 2003, 02:15 am »
People like Kana that can't build themselves up on their own merit commonly put something or someone else down to somehow make themselves feel more worthy.  How pitiful.

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
RM30 photo
« Reply #62 on: 26 Dec 2003, 02:17 am »
At least he listens to good music. Kurt Elllings new cd is very good.

Larry

kana813

RM30 photo
« Reply #63 on: 26 Dec 2003, 02:31 am »
zybar- here you go:

TacTT RCS 2.2X

2 channel in / 4 channel out Digital Room Correction System / Preamp
 RCS 2.2XD.D 5,120 USD
192kHz/24 bit ADC module    690 USD
192kHz/24 bit DAC module  (x2 in full configuration)    590 USD

TacT RCS 2.0 S

2-channel Digital Room Correction System / Preamplifier. 48-bit internal resolution. 96kHz/24-bit compatible

RCS 2.0 DD  3,710 USD  
96kHz/24bit ADC module     690 USD
96kHz/24bit DAC module     590 USD

TLS & warnerwh- Did it hurt when they removed your sense of humor.
or were born without one?

jackman

RM30 photo
« Reply #64 on: 26 Dec 2003, 02:40 am »
I don't care what this guy says about speakers, I can't stand that Elling guy.  I'm a big fan of male singers including Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennet, and have seen Harry Connic (sp?) live and really liked his performance.  I had high hopes when I picked up an Elling CD and couldn't stand it.  Traded it in at the used CD store for two bucks.  Is there one that you guys recommend?  Don't remember the name but I think it was a recent release.  ANy suggestions?

Thanks,
Jack

lkosova

RM30 photo
« Reply #65 on: 26 Dec 2003, 03:16 am »
Any of Ellings first three releases and the last one. I live in Chicago and get to see him live in many venues big and small. He is a great "live" entertainer but not commercial the way Connick is.  Sorta like a performance artist and a poet.

Kana- Now Mycoy Tyner....looks like we have similar taste in music.

Larry

ekovalsky

RM30 photo
« Reply #66 on: 26 Dec 2003, 03:25 am »
Just the ParEQ software does a lot more than the Rives, not to mention the automatic room correction / digital crossovers / phase alignment, etc...

TacT is expensive.   They infrequently show up on used Audiogon and usually sell within hours if fairly priced.  I've been keeping my eye out for a well priced 2.2X or 2.0S and am never fast enough...

kana813

RM30 photo
« Reply #67 on: 26 Dec 2003, 04:30 am »
Larry- agree on your KE picks. I just ordered the live out takes CD. You're a lucky man to be able to see him live.

ekovalsky- if you're really want  a Tact RCS, contact me direct and I'll put you in touch with a guy who'll give a great deal on a new one.

lkosova

RM30 photo
« Reply #68 on: 26 Dec 2003, 01:07 pm »
Kana,

I was at the "world Premeire' of " man in the air" and have seen him at the "Green Mill" and Steppenwolf many a time.  

His pianist,Larry Hobson is world class also and has some side projects and has recieved many great reviews nationally.

Larry

warnerwh

RM30 photo
« Reply #69 on: 26 Dec 2003, 05:18 pm »
"TLS & warnerwh- Did it hurt when they removed your sense of humor.
or were born without one?"
Kana: Didn't realize that  you were only kidding, my apologies. Just tired of people knocking the way VMPS speakers look.  That's the only significant drawback to many people as they certainly couldn't criticize the sound available for the money and it's been overdone in the past. Cheers

guest1121

RM30 photo
« Reply #70 on: 25 Jan 2004, 04:18 pm »
Just wanted to say I think the RM-30s look great!  I also would vote to modify the base, however, either to a rectangular design or perhaps a boat-shaped base.  The oval, to my eyes, is too large and takes away from the beauty of the speaker.  There's something about an oval base that is that large against a rectangular speaker - it seems visually odd to me.  But then again, maybe I just lack imagination and design talent!

I'm sure Brian just loves the fact that he has a bunch of amateur speaker designers on his hands...   :roll:

I hope they sound as good as I think they will!