Montreal Audio Show 2009

werd

Re: Montreal Audio Show 2009
« Reply #60 on: 8 Apr 2009, 04:46 pm »
AMP JUST SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: aa aa aa aa aa aa

FEDEX NEEDS TO UPDATE THEIR TRACKING SYSTEM MORE OFTEN.

WILL GIVE FEEDBACK WHEN I CAN LISTEN!

cant wait to hear what you think of it.... well i know what its goin to be  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #61 on: 8 Apr 2009, 04:49 pm »
Hello Everyone

James, what kinda of play-list did you use for the Montreal show. What music did you  showcase and what music were people enjoying the most with that heavenly system?

danman

« Reply #62 on: 8 Apr 2009, 05:17 pm »
Could not use it during lunch as the unit was quite cold and I was worried about humidity so I turned up the heat and will plug it in around supper time, go do my sport and come back to listen. I suppose the first thing I will notice is low volume listening as the kids will be in bed so this will be a good test compared to my 4B-ST as I have listened many hours this way in the past.

Physically it is bigger and even better built than the ST series. The binding posts are much better and now I will be able to bi-wire my logans with spades and bananas at the same time. The new switch is better as well and the front silver plate with handles is much thicker and looks great.

Now if I could only figure out this 1volt - 2 volt thing. Some say use the 1v and other the 2v for balanced connections!!!!

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #63 on: 8 Apr 2009, 05:47 pm »
Could not use it during lunch as the unit was quite cold and I was worried about humidity so I turned up the heat and will plug it in around supper time, go do my sport and come back to listen. I suppose the first thing I will notice is low volume listening as the kids will be in bed so this will be a good test compared to my 4B-ST as I have listened many hours this way in the past.

Physically it is bigger and even better built than the ST series. The binding posts are much better and now I will be able to bi-wire my logans with spades and bananas at the same time. The new switch is better as well and the front silver plate with handles is much thicker and looks great.

Now if I could only figure out this 1volt - 2 volt thing. Some say use the 1v and other the 2v for balanced connections!!!!

danman,

the 2V is the recommended for balanced input. i just changed from 2V to 1V and the amp is much louder :drool:. still using balanced cables. i think that i will go back to the 2V setting as the ''added'' volume is something i don't really need.

so just try it out...

al.

danman

« Reply #64 on: 8 Apr 2009, 05:49 pm »
I am using big Martin Logan Quests so I think I will try 1volt first and see. Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #65 on: 8 Apr 2009, 05:51 pm »
Hello Everyone

James, what kinda of play-list did you use for the Montreal show. What music did you  showcase and what music were people enjoying the most with that heavenly system?

Hi werd,

We had the MAC computer there but we ended up using the BDA-1 CD Player through 90% of the show as we all felt it sounded better.

james

werd

« Reply #66 on: 8 Apr 2009, 06:00 pm »
Hello Everyone

Hi werd,

We had the MAC computer there but we ended up using the BDA-1 CD Player through 90% of the show as we all felt it sounded better.

james

Hi james

I was actually more interested in the  music material that was being played. 

thanx

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #67 on: 8 Apr 2009, 07:02 pm »
Hello Everyone

Hi werd,

james

Hi james

I was actually more interested in the  music material that was being played. 

thanx

OK sorry - it was extremely varied from our own CDR's and CD's to peoples CD requests.  So there was no set play list as such.

james

Moon Doggy

« Reply #68 on: 8 Apr 2009, 10:21 pm »

james

Hi James,

Were you using the Lynx AES16e soundcard running to the Bryston DAC? What type of digital interconnect were you using? Did you use the Media Monkey app? So many questions... :)

Thanks,
James S

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #69 on: 8 Apr 2009, 11:11 pm »

james

Hi James,

Were you using the Lynx AES16e soundcard running to the Bryston DAC? What type of digital interconnect were you using? Did you use the Media Monkey app? So many questions... :)

Thanks,
James S

It was the dealers MAC Laptop so nothing that exotic through the Optical out

james

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #70 on: 8 Apr 2009, 11:30 pm »
Hello Everyone

Hi werd,

james

As it should be.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #71 on: 8 Apr 2009, 11:31 pm »
Hey James, are these Martin-Logans something you would use yourself?

Also, do you prefer cone speakers to electrostats.

My sympathies go out to you regarding your mom.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #72 on: 9 Apr 2009, 11:28 am »
Hey James, are these Martin-Logans something you would use yourself?

Also, do you prefer cone speakers to electrostats.

My sympathies go out to you regarding your mom.

Hi Dave,

Yes I would consider them with these caveats:

1. You like large panel soundstage effects (as opposed to point source).
2. Ability to use subs if fullrange playback capability is required.
3. Amplifier that can drive very low impedance's at high frequencies.
4. Fairly good size room

james