GIK/RealTraps

sts9fan

Re: GIK/RealTraps
« Reply #60 on: 21 Jan 2009, 07:40 pm »
Just tell everyone to use their Phaseone digital backs duh.....

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #61 on: 21 Jan 2009, 07:42 pm »
.... And this is why I'm so happy I'm not in the fine art business any more.

I think you see what a nightmare this is for a manufacturer. Once again it's
just like owning a photo lab, I can just see the potential for a HUGE ulcer with
everyone sending in their favorite photos to be printed on fabric for wall treatments.

Half of the professional photographers I've worked with over the years couldn't
prepare digital files for large format output, so the nightmare of dealing with
everyone elses stuff is unbelievable.

Ugh!

You could not be more right. I worked for a printing company a number of years ago (WE PRINTED FOR PRINTERS) and some of them could not even give you the right kind of file. If I had a dime for every time I heard "I don't know what the problem is it looks fine of my screen. Why did the printing come out so peculated?"  

Glenn  

sts9fan

« Reply #62 on: 21 Jan 2009, 08:25 pm »
Just as an FYI I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who owns a trade show exsibit company.  He said he out sources this type of printing and the Dye-sublimation printing is $9 a square foot.  So $72 for a 4x2 panel.  I would be able to send him the fabric to be printed.  So is this an acceptable mentod of sprucing up panels if I use the proper large format files?

JoshK

« Reply #63 on: 21 Jan 2009, 08:54 pm »
Personally I would like to put my own art onto a panel. 

Kris

Bingo.  Yes it may cause a nightmare with the resolution printing.  However, I had my wife take a look at some of the artsy AT.  She saw the three panel guitarist one and went upstairs and came back with a photo she did from her artsy days that was a three panel distressed photo of leaves.  It would look really cool.

The potential is there, but realizing it commercially isn't without its challenges.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #64 on: 21 Jan 2009, 09:02 pm »
Everybody knows I am not one to WIMP OUT, so if you do have the art I would be willing to take a look at it. Just keep in mind that for that picture we are doing (the guitar one) the file is 1 GB in size.  :icon_surprised: Needless to say though anything is possible.  :green:

KnowTalent

• ...stuck in the middle with you
« Reply #65 on: 21 Jan 2009, 09:40 pm »
Have you reviewed products from either?  If not, do you have plans to?  If not, your readers would like you to.

Bryan

GIK ROCKS!!! ...along with guilford-wrapped/rockwool-stuffed wicker baskets topped with cheap overstock silk plants

TONEPUB

« Reply #66 on: 21 Jan 2009, 09:43 pm »
Everybody knows I am not one to WIMP OUT, so if you do have the art I would be willing to take a look at it. Just keep in mind that for that picture we are doing (the guitar one) the file is 1 GB in size.  :icon_surprised: Needless to say though anything is possible.  :green:

Yeah, but I have my pictures that I shot with my point and shoot digital....

:)

Glenn, here's something to consider and avoid the headache:
Offer naked panels with no covering and let those that want to source
their own coverings do so.

That way you don't enter into these arguments/discussions.

That's what I'd do if I ran the circus.

KnowTalent

« Reply #67 on: 21 Jan 2009, 09:52 pm »

How about the annual Pirelli girls calander???

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #68 on: 21 Jan 2009, 11:22 pm »

I agree

These post about art and painting panels sounds like a bunch of old wash women  :lol:
Don't you know black goes with everything...
Save your cash and buy more music.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #69 on: 21 Jan 2009, 11:34 pm »
Have you reviewed products from either?  If not, do you have plans to?  If not, your readers would like you to.

Bryan

GIK ROCKS!!! ...along with guilford-wrapped/rockwool-stuffed wicker baskets topped with cheap overstock silk plants

GIK makes a quality product, that takes your listening pleasure to the next level, at a down-to-earth price.
Knowtalent, your setup looks sweet.

orthobiz

« Reply #70 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:10 am »
Why did the printing come out so peculated?"  

Glenn  

Peculated: tr. & intr.v. pec·u·lat·ed, pec·u·lat·ing, pec·u·lates
To embezzle (funds) or engage in embezzlement.

Paul

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #71 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:26 am »

Bryan

GIK makes a quality product, that takes your listening pleasure to the next level, at a down-to-earth price.

I agree! :dance: What wife wouldn't love a room like that? :lol: Then again I've never been married so what do I know? :scratch: :D

Cheers,
Robin

KnowTalent

« Reply #72 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:15 pm »

Bryan

I agree! :dance: What wife wouldn't love a room like that? :lol: Then again I've never been married so what do I know? :scratch: :D

Cheers,
Robin

Since "most" women these days can't cook a decent meal, constantly bitch about menial household chores (laundry, dishes, dusting & vaccuming, etc...  I say "Let the dust settle"!!!) and run you into credit card debt buying useless swag such as designer purses, shoes and jewelry.  Most importantly...the best in the sack "usually" have some deep-seated emotional issue that will spill over to alienate you from friends, family and may lead to divorce, restraining orders, etc...

....so what's the upside to marriage???

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #73 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:34 pm »
Since "most" women these days can't cook a decent meal, constantly bitch about menial household chores (laundry, dishes, dusting & vaccuming, etc...  I say "Let the dust settle"!!!) and run you into credit card debt buying useless swag such as designer purses, shoes and jewelry.  Most importantly...the best in the sack "usually" have some deep-seated emotional issue that will spill over to alienate you from friends, family and may lead to divorce, restraining orders, etc...

You will know when you meet the right lady.... :wink:

KnowTalent

« Reply #74 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:40 pm »

You will know when you meet the right lady.... :wink:

...but I can't stand Phil Collins or lap dogs so that pretty much limits the field! :icon_lol:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #75 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:51 pm »
...but I can't stand Phil Collins or lap dogs so that pretty much limits the field! :icon_lol:

My lady likes Metallica, Def Leppard, etc. and prefers Rottweilers over little yelpers.  :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #76 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:51 pm »
DP.