Upset Customer

Vinny

Upset Customer
« on: 31 Oct 2008, 10:20 am »
Strengths: Exceptional sounding speakers. Very nice tone. Real natural
sounding. Great bass for a small speaker.

Weakness: Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed, what a joke.

I bought the Sapphire XLs. I Started to hear some port noise. Sent an e-mail to send them back at the 30 day period, no response. Sent 2 more e-mails, no response. Called twice, no response. Gave up. Read hear 2 -3 weeks later they had a problem with phones & e-mail so I sent an e-mail, finally a response, not to give me my money back but to fix them. Sent me an e-mail Sunday, S&H will get back to me to send them back. He knows what the problem is, not heard from since, e-mailed again Wednesday, no response. Now I have 2 useless speakers sitting in a box.

Not Recommend. What a mistake buying these. I’ve been buying speakers for 30 + years
& never experienced anything like this. Seems to me like they just care during the sale
not after.

rockadanny

Upset Customer
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2008, 11:04 am »
 :o

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Upset Customer
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2008, 11:11 am »
That's very surprising - Mike is usually right on the ball and if anything, will bend over backward for his customers.  I know he's been going through some changes (moving to a new facility, personnel changes, etc.).  I'm sure he'll contact you.

Bryan

Mike Dzurko

Upset Customer
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2008, 12:45 pm »
Here's what I know, and I'm summing up rather than all the little details: Probably about a month ago, maybe longer, I got a forwarded email that basically said you loved the speakers but were getting some rattling sounds. There was no mention of wanting to return them. I wrote a detailed email with questions to help diagnose, and sent it back to the office for them to forward to you. I'm guessing you never got that?

Then, weeks ago I saw an email from you that said essentially you thought the Plinius amp was "too much for them" and you'd moved them to another system and were very happy with them in that system. I remember replying that I didn't think the Plinius was too much, but yes, maybe the size room and power combined was simply pushing them past their limits. I was of course glad that you now seemed to be quite happy with them. I never heard back until I believe it was last week I saw a short, terse email from you. I sent an email back that I'd need your details so I could arrange to have them brought back to us at OUR COST to see what the problem was. It is possible that the fix is quite easy. You sent back another email saying you were confused with what I wrote so I tried to clarify I just needed your address info etc. or the Invoice #, because I could NOT find your invoice in the recent invoices area. I haven't heard back from you since I sent that . . .  until now. Please do send us your pickup details so we can get this sorted out.

I do apologize to Vinny and anyone who's had difficulties reaching us. It appears to go back further than I thought but I'm pretty sure it is taken care of now.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2008, 02:51 pm by Mike Dzurko »

Vinny

Upset Customer
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2008, 03:49 pm »
I said I moved them & they seemed to be ok & I would have to test them more.
I said I wanted to return for a refund in 3 e-mails, 2 of which you said you never
received. Unbelievable. I guess you just read what you want to read.

I never received a second e-mail from you on how to send them back. Get
your act together.

Mike Dzurko

Upset Customer
« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:11 pm »
Folks, draw your own conclusions here.

Here are the emails from two weeks ago, Vinny, your note to me, and my note back . . .  I can also copy and paste the emails I sent requesting the information so we could issue call tags after you contacted us again this last weekend. Maybe YOU are not getting all of your emails. At any rate, like I said, get me the invoice # and or your full shipping address/phone # info so we CAN get this taken care of! And you did get at least the first one, because you replied that you were confused on what we wanted you to do. . . .which is to simply provide us with the correct info so we can get these back and check them out.

Vinny:

I'm glad you emailed me back. I kept thinking "this just doesn't sound right, the only time I've heard them sound that way is when pushed VERY hard. I use a pair of 300 watt / channel monoblocs on them without a problem. At last weekend's RMAF in Denver we used a 160 watt/channel Korato with no problems. So, if you want to use them with the Plinius, just turn it down a notch and the problem should be gone . . .   or if you like them better downstairs, that's okay too . . .Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 2:56 PM
To: sales@audioc.com
Subject: RE: Sapphire problems

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I think the Plinius is just to powerful for them, I moved them
downstairs with a 100 watt Panasonic digital receiver (SA-XR55)
& they are fine. I moved my Polk LSi15s back upstairs. Even with
the Polks I really can't turn it up near half way because it's so loud,
that's why I wanted to go with a smaller speaker because my wife
was complaining, like she just did an hour ago. Check out the link
to the Plinius & see if you think it's just to much power. If you notice
on one of the online reviews it says if pushed hard there is port noise.

My wife likes the Sapphires better downstairs also.

http://www.pliniusaudio.com/products/9100.asp

Vinny

Vinny

Upset Customer
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2008, 07:36 pm »
What about posting this one? Talk about telling one side of the story.

"The thing is I don't push them hard, they do it at max 10 o'clock. But the Plinius does 240 in 4 ohms, which I think is to much for the small woofer.  I'm just going to test them a little more downstairs but so far they seem fine & look much better than the large Polks. I just might have to add a Force XL."

and this next one after I tested them some more.

"Something is wrong I'm getting some kind of rattle through the ports. I listened again & they just didn't sound right so I turned it up a little & it sounds like something is rattling inside. Let me know how to send them back, I sent the first e-mail at the 30 days, it might have been 1 or 2 days after, not anymore.So I'd like a refund if thats ok."

Here is your e-mail.

"We can fix this for you under warranty, pretty sure I know what the issue is and it's pretty rare, but a permanent, 100%  fix is no big deal. I'll have our S/H dept prepare to bring your Sapphires back here at no cost to you."

Then no contact for 4 days. Who wouldn't be confused.

Part of my e-mail.

"Let me know how to send them back, I sent the first e-mail at the 30 days, it might have been 1 or 2 days after, not anymore. So I'd like a refund if thats ok."

I'm not getting e-mails? your the one with the lost admitted invoices, e-mails & telephone messages don't blame it
on me.

ajayrav

Re: Upset Customer
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2008, 09:05 pm »
Vinny,

This is the first I have ever heard of Mike Dzurko offering anything less than fantastic customer service.  He has a number of VERY satisfied customers (myself included) who appreciate his providing consumers with great products and service at a great price.  It would have been much better (if there was an e-mail problem) for you to have called and talked to Mike rather than airing your dirty laundry in such an obnoxious fashion.  It would behoove you to be a little less rude and confrontational, if you want people to listen or agree with you!  Notice how Mike's responses are always tempered and polite....Learn from it!

Ajay

Vinny

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2008, 09:53 pm »
I did call twice & left messages which never got returned. I really
had no choice to bring it here, I sent 4 e-mails with only 1 reply.

I finally got an e-mail just now on how to send them back.

ajayrav

« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2008, 10:13 pm »
Vinny,

Glad it is working out for you.  I'm sorry that you felt like you had to jump through hoops, but I truly believe Mike wouldn't have have put you through this intentionally.  With RMAF being earlier this month, along with personnel and hours changes;  he was probably swamped.  I am confident he will take care of you.

Alls well that ends well....

Ajay

biz97

« Reply #10 on: 31 Oct 2008, 10:21 pm »
Agreed.  I've made a few purchases and always received great support.  Even when one of my orders didn't work out.  I had no hassle returning the item.  I will definitely be looking to do business with ACI in the future (Actually,  I just bought another pair of passive filters this week) and I hope everything works out for you Vinny.

B

DR

• The Man
« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct 2008, 11:39 pm »
Vinny,

I have a complete ACI XL stereo and HT setup that I bought with 4 individual orders. In each case the customer service was fantastic. So whatever happened here was definitely a fluke.

Just to show you how Mike goes the extra mile, when I wanted an Emerald for a center ACI had sold out and discontinued inlaid cherry. Mike new everything else was cherry, so he found a cabinet at his CAD design place and had it brought back to his facility and within days I had a inlaid cherry Emerald XL for my center. He didn't have to do that. I would have settled for black.

It sounds as if everything is working out now so that is cool.

Sometimes Email gets lost in Spam filters also.  :D

Vinny

« Reply #12 on: 1 Nov 2008, 01:10 am »
Thanks guys,

I really never received the 2nd e-mail, I was all set to send them back
& didn't hear from them again & just got pissed off. I guess with RMAF
& other changes I just happened to be the Fluke.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #13 on: 1 Nov 2008, 02:39 am »
Just making 2 telephone calls to ACI is a lame excuse, especially seeing how you had the time to write so many emails.  :nono: IF I had an issue like this, I would be making daily telephone calls w/messages left til I got a reply. I think this avenue was a piss poor way of dealing with this, and you're not even a member at that. Pretty sad dude. :bawl:

Cheers,
Robin

TONEPUB

« Reply #14 on: 1 Nov 2008, 04:52 am »
So how is Vinny posting here if he's not a member?

We've never had anything buy excellent results with ACI.
Nobody's perfect and life gets really wacky around RMAF
especially.

You think you've got problems, my new $30 thousand dollar
pair of MartinLogan CLX's are lost somewhere between
Texas and Portland.

It's all relative. 

I'm sure Mike will take excellent care of you.  He's one
of the most stand up guys in the business....

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #15 on: 1 Nov 2008, 05:04 am »

I am curious about that also..??

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #16 on: 1 Nov 2008, 05:06 am »

We've never had anything buy excellent results with ACI.
Nobody's perfect and life gets really wacky around RMAF
especially.

You think you've got problems, my new $30 thousand dollar
pair of MartinLogan CLX's are lost somewhere between
Texas and Portland.

It's all relative. 

I'm sure Mike will take excellent care of you.  He's one
of the most stand up guys in the business....

You need only go to "Members" at the top of the page to see that he's not a signed up member even tho he does leave an email addy. Guess he's just a visitor/guest? looking for a place to whine. aa

I do think ACI has the right to allow anyone to post in their Circle, member or not. :scratch:

Cheers,
robin

NewBuyer

« Reply #17 on: 1 Nov 2008, 07:45 am »
Just making 2 telephone calls to ACI is a lame excuse, especially seeing how you had the time to write so many emails.  :nono: IF I had an issue like this, I would be making daily telephone calls w/messages left til I got a reply. I think this avenue was a piss poor way of dealing with this, and you're not even a member at that. Pretty sad dude. :bawl:

Cheers,
Robin

Robin, you member-elitist you! With those mad telephone skillz, we're all sure you will make a great secretary someday.   :P

P.S. Happy Halloween!  :D 

(And Vinny yes I too am betting Mike will take good care of you.  He's definitely one of the good ones!)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #18 on: 1 Nov 2008, 08:33 am »

Cheers,
Robin

Robin, you member-elitist you! With those mad telephone skillz, we're all sure you will make a great secretary someday.   :P

P.S. Happy Halloween!  :D 

(And Vinny yes I too am betting Mike will take good care of you.  He's definitely one of the good ones!)

Who's we,,,,,, you, yourself, & I? :lol: What's a secretary have to do with making telephone calls instead on online whining? Sounds to me like you know more about the latter, hea? :lol:

Trick or treat you whiner sympathizer! :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Vinny

« Reply #19 on: 1 Nov 2008, 12:26 pm »
I just stated my opinion in the Introduce Yourself thread, which is the 1st reply in this thread. Mike could have e-mailed me privately but he decided to respond here. My opinion was then moved here by ACI to this new Upset Customer thread, I didn’t start this thread.

Like I said before, I received an e-mail yesterday to get them fixed & have no problem now.