Upset Customer

Mike Dzurko

Re: Upset Customer
« Reply #20 on: 1 Nov 2008, 01:14 pm »
Thanks everyone, appreciated.

Yes, we have guest posting enabled on this circle. One of our reasons was to provide a third way, (beyond phone and email) of contacting us. This shows that it worked!

Captain Humble

« Reply #21 on: 1 Nov 2008, 05:11 pm »
I think customer service is factored into most buying decisions and this thread could possibly cause some anxiety for those considering ACI.  So even though Vinny’s particular issue appears well on the way toward resolution, I feel compelled to post my most positive experience with ACI.

A couple of years ago I purchased a used ACI Titan IILE from a local AudioCircle member.  I had some questions regarding the optimum implementation of the sub so I emailed Mike at ACI.  I started the email by stating that I was not the original owner.

I really didn’t expect VIP treatment because my purchase hadn’t put any money in ACI’s coffers.  Mike shattered my expectations.  His response was timely and most helpful.  He welcomed me as a new user and stressed the point that he would be happy to provide any additional assistance that could help me maximize my enjoyment of his sub.  During our first telephone conversation he was quick to explain that he was a school teacher so phone communications weren’t possible during school hours.

Lonewolf and I have made it a point to visit Mike’s room at RMAF for the last 4 years. 
He’s a gentleman in every sense of the word and I always look forward to our next visit.
I would not hesitate to buy from ACI. :thumb:

Jeff

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #22 on: 1 Nov 2008, 06:29 pm »
Personally I have had fine relations with ACI so this is just a for fun stir up things a bit, my suggestion:

A place for manufacturers to post the story of the most unreasonable customer they have ever had.

And to be fair, a place for our clients to post the worse case of audio service they have ever experienced.

No naming names please.

I will start with a phono cartridge maker I knew years ago.  The guy was really down one day when i met him at a trade show.  He had just finished trying to deal with an unhappy customer.

The customer had called him wanting a refund for a recently purchased cartridge.  The builder asked why.  He was told it was terrible and he wanted his money back.  The builder said, OK, just send it back with the sales receipt and they would issue a refund. The customer said he demanded a refund for the postage cost too.  The builder said, OK, we can do that too, just send it back.  Then the customer said he wasn't going to send it back because it was so bad he threw it away.  The cartridge maker sighed and said well then just send us the sales receipt.  The customer said he had thrown that away too!  The cartridge maker said well please then just send us the empty carton, or the instruction booklet, or just anything to show that he actually had owned the cartridge.  The customer then got really mad and told the cartridge maker that he was outraged by the lack of trust.  The maker said well if we don't even know what model you have we won't know how much to refund.  The customer said he did not remember that either, and hung up.  End of a sad story.

Can any of you top this one?  :)

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

jackman

« Reply #23 on: 1 Nov 2008, 07:39 pm »
Great story Frank!  The only thing that would top that story is the manufacturer catching up with the jerkoff customer and hitting him in the back of the head with an aluminum bat.  People can be very unfair and unreasonable.  It's frustrating because the 99 people out of 100 who have a great experience may post nothing or maybe a couple positive words, but the one guy who has a negative experience...even one that is his own fault... will go on a rant.  The most frustrating part is they rarely post anything about the resolution and only the negative comments are left.

I would like to see this thread sent to the trash.  Mike is a great guy and the misunderstanding was resolved.  I'd buy from ACI without any reservation.  I've never heard anything but positives about their products and service.

J

DR

• The Man
« Reply #24 on: 1 Nov 2008, 11:25 pm »
I second the trash motion. :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #25 on: 2 Nov 2008, 12:20 am »
 I have no personal dealings with Mike but know from my years here at AC that he is a standup man and has always been known for his exceptional customer service.

Vinny --- glad to hear things have been cleared up.

Regarding Franks story, I had a similar experience several years ago where a customer completely trashed a product he bought from me (Jolida Hybrid amp) and wanted a refund. The twist to this story is that the customer felt he should be able to keep the amp after receiving the refund as it wasn't worth the cost of shipping it back :scratch: Long story short, after asking him to supply an invoice and of course return the amp before issuing him a refund, it turns out that he actually purchased it for someone else as a gift (who loved it) but was just trying to put some money in his pocket. How I found out that the person that ended up with the amp like it was when she called me to order some cables. When I told her about what the purchaser said, her comment was "Don't worry about it, he's a jerk anyway".

There are all types out there.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #26 on: 2 Nov 2008, 12:47 pm »
Jeff:  Always good to see your and Chris at RMAF. Wish there would be more time to talk. Thanks!

Frank: Yes, I have some stories, as I’m sure you do, but that one just might set the bar  :lol:

Bill: Another good one for sure. Reminds me of a couple that I’ve tried to forget  :duh:

J, and DR:  I thought about sending this thread to IGW, but haven’t for two reasons.
1) This has always been a completely open forum. We have never needed to lock anyone out, or ship any thread off, or censure in any way. I’m proud of that and would like to maintain that record. 
2) I’m the optimist that believes that serious, potential customers will look over the total picture before making their decision. 

denjo

« Reply #27 on: 2 Nov 2008, 12:57 pm »
Mike

I salute you for the stand that you are making, namely to allow open, unfettered discourse (within reasonable limits, of course). I must say that the way you handled the matter has earned me more respect for you, your staff and your fine products! I think I speak for most when I say that we can discern, consider and judge the merits (or lack of it) of a thread for ourselves!

I for one am a very happy and satisfied ACI customer! My Force XL has been glitch-free and has provided my family and I with endless hours of enjoyment!

Keep well, take care!

Best Regards
Dennis