Got the CD's back from Undigitize and....

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Got the CD's back from Undigitize and....
« Reply #20 on: 28 Oct 2008, 03:29 am »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumb:
Jeff, I have a little clock I would like you to try out....it really opened things up in my system.....
 :icon_twisted:

HEY,

You can make all the smarta$$ remarks you want about Machina Dynamica products but I highly respect Geoff Kait for putting himself out there for such critisizm, both on A'gon and on Audio Asylum. He's not hiding in a closet, covering himself with legal BS and he gives a 30 day MBG. THAT I respect. :notworthy: If you don't like the clock you can send it back. Or you can run your mouth w/o ever trying the clock. But Geoff Kait is there for both. :thumb: So don't you dare compare Geoff with undigitize or the next icon you'll see will be the finger. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Wow Robin, no humor tonight I see...Oh well, and actually I have "tried" the clock and will stick to my guns about Mr. Kait as long as I wish thank you very much...it is after all a free country.  :thumb:

Hey, I was laughin', wasn't I? :lol: But I will take from your "stick to my guns" remark that you indeed compare Geoff Kait to undigitaize so in the spirit of a free country and being true to my word, here ya go.  :finger:

Cheers,
Robin

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumb:

Too funny,
Jerry   :icon_lol:

TONEPUB

« Reply #21 on: 28 Oct 2008, 03:33 am »
You guys are getting off topic, so as moderator, I'm trying to reel you
back in....

:)

sbrtoy

« Reply #22 on: 28 Oct 2008, 03:36 am »
 aa

Reel us like trouts..... :icon_lol:

Were they at least nice CD-R's? Any fancy packaging?

TONEPUB

« Reply #23 on: 28 Oct 2008, 03:40 am »
Nope.  Standard issue black CD-R's from what I could tell, no writing at all
just in paper CD sleeves.

They did ship em back Express mail...

cryoparts

« Reply #24 on: 28 Oct 2008, 03:50 am »
I can verify this, Josh (Sonicweld) told me that he was impressed with overall how good the raw measurements were before he applied the room EQ.

Peace,

Lee

but when we reviewed the Pulserod active system last year, they spent
the better part of the morning measuring my room and found my room treatments
to be working pretty well.

sbrtoy

« Reply #25 on: 28 Oct 2008, 03:55 am »
I would guess the system is definitely not the issue, I have found the settings below to make a huge difference on even my middling system so if you hear nada then I would be inclined to believe as such...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=59949.0

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #26 on: 28 Oct 2008, 05:36 am »
Jeff - have you had any experience with those CD "lathes" that cut an angled edge on your CD, and also make the hole concentric with the edge?

maxwalrath

« Reply #27 on: 28 Oct 2008, 05:43 am »
Jeff - have you had any experience with those CD "lathes" that cut an angled edge on your CD, and also make the hole concentric with the edge?

Didn't 6moon's review a product that made "more perfect circles" out of the inner and outer edge of cd's?  I thought it was a Marja and Henk review but I didn't find it after a quick glance at the site.

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 28 Oct 2008, 08:47 am »
I know the product you speak of but that's one we never did review.  :green:

sts9fan

« Reply #29 on: 28 Oct 2008, 12:03 pm »
Its very clear to me that there is a good niche of the highend accessories market that has built its business model on the placebo effect.  I am for sure a believer that cables can make some difference but I guarantee you could find a $500 speaker cable that is just Belden and Techflex.  Same goes for silly little acoustic treatments like the Cathedrals, way too small to do anything regardless of what you think you hear.  With things like Machina Dynamica and stupid CD treatments you are looking for/expecting very small changes.  This increases susceptibility to the placebo effect. So for someone like Geoff he can make small(or even non-existent as with he phone scam) product and just send em out and take em back for little loss.  Then when someone does bite he makes some loot.  I understand that nobody here is human so could not be effected by this scientifically proven phenomena but I thought I would put it out there.

WerTicus

« Reply #30 on: 28 Oct 2008, 12:41 pm »
If I've learnt anything of interest in my 26 yrs on earth its that people are so utterly stupid, they will fall for anything.  A fool and his money are soon parted and massive businesses, empires and religion are all built on this principal.  But I'm an optimist so perhaps one day we will blow ourselves up.

vinyl anachronist

• The Vinyl Anachronist
« Reply #31 on: 28 Oct 2008, 02:03 pm »

I had experience with that machine back when I wrote for Ultimate Audio.  Myles Astor passed it around to the staff writers to see what they thought, and the consensus was that it was a very minor improvement, but you could hear something.  I knew a guy who had bought one and he swore by it, but I visited him and again the difference, IMO, was negligible.

With the Undigitize mod, there were times I thought I could hear something different, but A/B comparisons just weren't that conclusive.  Like I told Jeff, for $50 a disc the heavens should part and angels should appear in your listening room. (I also made a much more colorful comment about what that mod should do for $50, but I'll resist here.)

mcullinan

« Reply #32 on: 28 Oct 2008, 02:18 pm »
Well it took $100 bucks to get to the scumbagness level of the manufacturer.  Perhaps he rolled the cd around in the crack of his ass for a half hour. It could be magical if done right... erm.. not that Ive done that.
Mike

TONEPUB

« Reply #33 on: 28 Oct 2008, 02:50 pm »

I've been told by more than one person in the record industry to avoid them, because if you cut the
edge wrong, it breaks the seal of the CD and exposes the gold or aluminum layer to 02, and then it
oxidizes rather quickly, rendering the CD useless.

So for now, I'm avoiding one...

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #34 on: 28 Oct 2008, 05:04 pm »
I cannot find any info on what exactly 'undigitize' is doing to your CDs.

What are they claiming to do...or do they even say?

Thanks for letting us know your findings.

Incase anyone cares...
whois reports:

Domain Name.......... undigitize.net
  Creation Date........ 2008-08-12
  Registration Date.... 2008-08-12
  Expiry Date.......... 2009-08-12
  Organisation Name.... un digitize
  Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
  Organisation Address.
  Organisation Address. EmeryVille
  Organisation Address. 94662
  Organisation Address. CA
  Organisation Address. US
  Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002

mcullinan

« Reply #35 on: 28 Oct 2008, 05:12 pm »
It takes your CDs and empties your bank account. That is the only definite correlation that can be found.
Mike

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #36 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:37 pm »
Can't say I'm very surprised.

TONEPUB

« Reply #37 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:35 pm »
Well, I hope they are at least having a few drinks on me....

jackman

« Reply #38 on: 30 Oct 2008, 05:56 pm »
Great job , Jeff. One more vial of snale oil vaporized! Now where did I put my green marker?

No offense, but even the green marker makes a slight diff...
(and you can buy the same one that the audiophiles were selling for $20
each at Michael's for $1.29)

But on this one, we just couldn't hear a thing.

How long do you have to sniff the marker before you start hearing a difference??? aa

TONEPUB

« Reply #39 on: 1 Nov 2008, 11:06 pm »
The Drama continues....

I was just informed that one of the Undigitize workers made a mistake on my order
and my discs are "not up to snuff"....

I'm supposed to return them and now I'm going to get the real thing.

Starting to feel like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the Football....

And remember, I said slight difference with the green marker.  Not huge.