My new VR4 SR MKIIs arrived yesterday..

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: My new VR4 SR MKIIs arrived yesterday..
« Reply #40 on: 4 Nov 2008, 06:27 pm »
Beautiful Home, Beautiful Systems, Beautiful Music and Great People to enjoy it all. Congratulations on your slice of Heaven Gavin!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I am spoiled in many ways.  Thanks for the kind words Jack. 

Aceboympk

« Reply #41 on: 8 Nov 2008, 02:18 pm »
Ok, I now get to show my wife what our basement should like like when we're done remodeling!  Very nice set up.

I also get to show her your set up so that she stops inventoring EVERYTHING everytime she comes up to my room and walks around asking, "how much was that?".  Annoying especially when she dons the finest clothing, shoes, purses, etc...  Any woman who spends $400 on a pair of shoes certainly should be able to comprehend why we spend the type of money needed to enjoy our music.

BTW, Aja was the second album I played when I set up my Roksan TT.  Donald Fagen's Nightfly was the first.  PF DSOTM was third.  Tchaikovsky's Sym. No.4 was fourth.  Only fitting.
 :D

Regards,
Mark

DRjam

« Reply #42 on: 14 Nov 2008, 09:46 am »
Nice set-up.  What a nice and cozy place to be in while listening to your new VR4SR break-in for 400-500 or so hours!!  If you like what you hear now you will be blown away at hour #500.  Congrats. :thumb:

pardales

« Reply #43 on: 14 Nov 2008, 09:50 am »
Beautiful room and system! Looks very warm and inviting. Nicely done.   :green::thumb:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #44 on: 14 Nov 2008, 01:32 pm »
Wow, Nice real nice  :thumb: What a great looking and i bet sounding sysyem.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #45 on: 3 Dec 2008, 01:11 am »
Thought you all may enjoy seeing my latest expenditures (new MC501 monoblocks) in the quest to spend the grandkids' inheritance, and don't miss Nipper, head cocked, listening to the master's voice of the 21st century:

JackD201

« Reply #46 on: 3 Dec 2008, 06:26 am »
BEEFY!!!!  Steve Gadd's Para-diddles must be taking on new meaning Gavin!  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

With all that quality juice and prodigious bass output capabilities it's time to call Joe Lavrencik of Critical Mass Systems for some amp stands.......hehehehe

You're Grandkids won't like me very much but YOU will!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

keith

« Reply #47 on: 3 Dec 2008, 06:26 am »
Very nice setup!!!   :thumb: 

McTwins

« Reply #48 on: 3 Dec 2008, 12:11 pm »
Looks nice :thumb:
I`ll bet it sounds better than a single MC252 :wink:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #49 on: 3 Dec 2008, 02:20 pm »
BEEFY!!!!  Steve Gadd's Para-diddles must be taking on new meaning Gavin!  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

With all that quality juice and prodigious bass output capabilities it's time to call Joe Lavrencik of Critical Mass Systems for some amp stands.......hehehehe

You're Grandkids won't like me very much but YOU will!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love to but that one will have to wait until my next ship comes in which, more than likely, will be a rowboat  :wink:

DRjam

« Reply #50 on: 3 Dec 2008, 03:13 pm »
Fantastic set-up. :drool:  I know you were going to get mono blocks but I didn't think it was so soon.  Make sure to break-in the Mc 501's for at least 50 hours.  Then it will be BLISSSSS for you my friend.  Please report on your progress.  FYI if you still have the MC252, have you tried vertical bi-amp?( i know this hobby is crazy great) aa

carusoracer

« Reply #51 on: 3 Dec 2008, 03:51 pm »
Wow, very tastefully done and full utilization of the available space. Did you draw the plans or just have a grand idea and the architect put it into reality?

Any reason besides the obvious that you went straight to the 501's from the 252?

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #52 on: 3 Dec 2008, 05:05 pm »
Wow, very tastefully done and full utilization of the available space. Did you draw the plans or just have a grand idea and the architect put it into reality?

Any reason besides the obvious that you went straight to the 501's from the 252?

We designed the house and the basement was intended to be fully utilized as an entertainment center with a bar, 2CH listening area, wife's workout area, craft area and HT (see all the pix further up in the thread).  It's a walkout with lots of natural lighting and gets lots of use...my office is to the left of the listening area so a lot of work is done with music playing, but I never, almost never, walk over and sit in the sweet spot during working hours  :wink:

Regarding the MAC saga, the 252 was purchased new but had a problem which necessitated replacement so since we were back to square one, I took advantage of the opportunity to move up to the 501s without a depreciation hit on the 252.  The MC252 is a great amp but the difference between it and the monoblocks is stunning.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Gavin