My new VR4 SR MKIIs arrived yesterday..

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: My new VR4 SR MKIIs arrived yesterday..
« Reply #20 on: 31 Oct 2008, 02:55 pm »

I have tried every suggestion to either post a link or actual picture to no avail.  Do I have some sort of setup problem?  I use Mozilla not explorer, could that be an issue?

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #21 on: 31 Oct 2008, 03:02 pm »

I GIVE UP!

« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2008, 04:05 pm by es347 »

Delacroix

« Reply #22 on: 31 Oct 2008, 03:14 pm »

I GIVE UP!

Hi -- I sent you a PM earlier but I  think you are doing everything right EXCEPT getting the pointer to the image correct. It is somehwat counterintuitive but do not insert the URL for the pic, which even though you can use that to open the image in another window, is NOT what is required here. You need to find the appropriate address from the properties. So, check your text and see e.g., if you are using something like this:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallerysearch&cat=0&pos=3  tag
then that is not going to work, you have to find the location pointer in this form:
http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/49419/system_left_side.JPG --

You can find this by checking the properties of the image (see the PM for a pointer or go to http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=40968.0 for detailed instructions for the many frustrated users who have experienced this problem -- my self included :)  I am a Mac user and do it by using option and a mouse click, I believe Windows users employ the right click....

Here I will try it with one of your images as in:

mcullinan

« Reply #23 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:02 pm »

I GIVE UP!

Hi -- I sent you a PM earlier but I  think you are doing everything right EXCEPT getting the pointer to the image correct. It is somehwat counterintuitive but do not insert the URL for the pic, which even though you can use that to open the image in another window, is NOT what is required here. You need to find the appropriate address from the properties. So, check your text and see e.g., if you are using something like this:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallerysearch&cat=0&pos=3  tag
then that is not going to work, you have to find the location pointer in this form:
http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/49419/system_left_side.JPG --

You can find this by checking the properties of the image (see the PM for a pointer or go to http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=40968.0 for detailed instructions for the many frustrated users who have experienced this problem -- my self included :)  I am a Mac user and do it by using option and a mouse click, I believe Windows users employ the right click....

Here I will try it with one of your images as in:

Im on a Mac so it works a little differently. OOps no it works the same. Right click--> Copy Image Address.
On a PC I think your are supposed to cut off the head of a goat and sacrifice it to Ra. Then by bowing toward Mecca. Shit happens.
Mike

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:11 pm »
VOILA!  It seems a bit anticlimactic now but here are the pix of my damp, mold-infested listening room and theater:

Thanks for indulging me.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #25 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:16 pm »
WOW !!!....very nice Gavin....happy listening !!! :beer:

mcullinan

« Reply #26 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:18 pm »
I said yours didnt look moldy. The rest applies...  :D :D :D

Gorgeous!

McTwins

« Reply #27 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:22 pm »
Very, very beautiful setup. :thumb: :thumb: :drool:

Remind me of my self when I bought mine. Had this setup once but started out with two MC252.
I recommend you to get one more MC252, you need more power if you like high volume. :lol:
I had mine in vertical bi-amp.

Mctwins

rockadanny

« Reply #28 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:24 pm »
It looks like you need an on-site, full-time audio system maintenance engineer. It just so happens I am one and I'm currently between gigs so I can move in any time after this weekend. Call me.  aa

miklorsmith

« Reply #29 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:28 pm »
Freakin' awesome.  After looking at those pics I just decided I will listen to Aja in its entirety tonight.   :thumb:

McTwins

« Reply #30 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:30 pm »
Steely Dan ROCKS :guitar:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #31 on: 31 Oct 2008, 05:14 pm »
Freakin' awesome.  After looking at those pics I just decided I will listen to Aja in its entirety tonight.   :thumb:

Aja is THE best album ever produced, in my humble opinion.  I have owned at least 4 copies on vinyl and that many cds including the MSFL version.  I have even given several copies as gifts.  By all means, fire it up tonight over a glass fine wine.  I only wish they'd see fit to release Aja on SACD like they did with Gaucho.  Sorry to go on and on but you've pushed one of my buttons.

miklorsmith

« Reply #32 on: 31 Oct 2008, 05:20 pm »
No worries mate, it's an awesome album.

Rob S.

« Reply #33 on: 31 Oct 2008, 06:50 pm »
Your room looks awesome,  my wife and decorator will get to see these pictures...

Rob S.

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #34 on: 31 Oct 2008, 08:34 pm »
Totally awesome Gavin! and worth the wait.

mca

« Reply #35 on: 1 Nov 2008, 03:18 pm »
Great looking setup  :thumb:

Can you tell us what turntable you have there?

varsharun

« Reply #36 on: 1 Nov 2008, 06:30 pm »
Amazing equipment and setup...very elegant and tasteful! As far as greatest album ever...aja...hmm..nah..take me to the dark side of
the moon anyday  :)

Enjoy and let us know how the SRs are breaking in.

-Arun

Se7en

« Reply #37 on: 1 Nov 2008, 07:35 pm »
Very nice setup.

That looks to be a very comfortable place to sit down for a proper listen!  :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 1 Nov 2008, 09:37 pm »
Great looking setup  :thumb:

Can you tell us what turntable you have there?

It's a Rega Planar 3 with a Grace 707 MKII arm and Grace F9E cartridge all circa 1978.

JackD201

« Reply #39 on: 3 Nov 2008, 02:31 am »
Beautiful Home, Beautiful Systems, Beautiful Music and Great People to enjoy it all. Congratulations on your slice of Heaven Gavin!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: