alternate to iTunes eq?

santacore

alternate to iTunes eq?
« on: 30 Sep 2008, 07:05 pm »
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a pair of Omega Compact Hemps to go with my Melody i2A3 integrated. Overall things sound good, but the Omegas are a bit forward in the 1k-5k range. I want to experiment with a little subtractive eq, but the built in iTunes eq is pretty limited. Does anyone know of any other eq programs that can be run on a mac using iTunes? I thought I remember a thread a while back but I did a search and came up with nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Crimson

Re: alternate to iTunes eq?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:36 pm »
Here's the thread. If you find anything new, please let us know.

santacore

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:50 pm »
Thanks Crimson! That's the thread I was thinking of. Has anyone been using any of these programs regularly? If so, what are you thoughts?

DerrO

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2008, 09:14 pm »
Hi,
I used Hear, for a period and then decided  to dump it.  So I used Spotlight to get all the files associated with Hear and dumped.  I was  troubled after that however thinking  that there was something wrong with some part of my system, ended up swapping speakers, amplifiers until I eventually found burried deep in the system a plug-in file that had retained a setting I  had used.  It was only through Get Info within Activity Monitor I found it .....

So just a warning for you, you MAY think you have removed all the files or that if the application is quitted you are OK...  but they are still running!!!!  Beware of Hear in  this respect!

Regards

DerrO