New speakers from Tyler Acoustics at RMAF

Jfondell

Re: New speakers from Tyler Acoustics at RMAF
« Reply #40 on: 3 Oct 2010, 11:00 am »
Danny, since you designed these beasts I have a few questions for you.
I am looking at the D1's more closely now after putting a deposit down on a set of Linbrook Signatures. If you have heard both of these which do you think would work better for mostly rock music at reference levels?
My room is 15x20 concrete block on 2 side walls and sheet rock on the front and rear walls untreated. Would the D1's overpower the room?

Thanks
James

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 4 Oct 2010, 04:30 pm »
I have personally never been a big fan of the Seas Excel drivers. That metal cone just never really did it for me. That was just an artificial or unnatural character to them. They also tend to have a residual ring to them if not crossed over very steep.

So when I designed the drivers for the D series speakers I went with my favorite paper cone material.

I don't think those are going to overload the room unless you want them to. You can put a lot of power on them and really get them to singing...

If your room has had some attention put on it and it is fairly well treated then you should have no problems.

Jfondell

« Reply #42 on: 5 Oct 2010, 04:53 am »
Well I spoke with Ty yesterday and he said exactly the same. So I changed my order and went with
D1
Decade Center
D3's for the rears all in Maple. I will start to treat my room with the corner Bass traps from GIK first and then other panels at a later date.

Thanks Danny

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #43 on: 5 Oct 2010, 02:35 pm »
I recommend ATS Acoustic panels too. :thumb: