New speakers from Tyler Acoustics at RMAF

cujobob

Re: New speakers from Tyler Acoustics at RMAF
« Reply #20 on: 3 Oct 2008, 08:02 pm »
Write a book, I'd buy a copy

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 3 Oct 2008, 08:06 pm »
It would take a book to provide all of that info.

Terra3

« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2009, 08:45 pm »
Congrat's Dan on the new line.  Received my D3M's and DS12 sub a few days ago.  Just breaking in but was very impressed right from the start.  Excellent mid and bass (exc control on that bass w/ the monitors), with the exception of a 'new', slightly etched high, neutral across the board.  And incredible resolution.  I've never heard solo piano and combo sound this good in my system.  I've only owned and auditioned a few types of speakers over the years, not much into checking out the latest and greatest of all, and living in the sticks I don't spend much time in the shops, but these are the speakers I've been hoping for.

By the way, my first sub . . . . almost bewildering array of switches and settings.  Time to learn a bit (then just let ears take over).

Al

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2009, 01:55 am »
I am glad that you like them.

Here are pics of the D2 and D3 models for those that have not seen them.

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 26 Apr 2009, 12:46 am »
New D-10 model:

cruz123

« Reply #25 on: 26 Apr 2009, 01:12 am »

I wish I had a bigger house.... :drool:

arthurs

« Reply #26 on: 26 Apr 2009, 01:42 am »
How do the D10 sound Danny?

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 26 Apr 2009, 01:48 am »
A lot like the D-1 but with a little more body and more low end extension. Bass response seamed pretty effortless too. Hard pounding bass required very little movement from the 10" woofer. 

arthurs

« Reply #28 on: 26 Apr 2009, 02:39 am »
congrats to you and Ty!  :thumb:

jopagi

« Reply #29 on: 8 May 2009, 10:30 pm »
The D3s just arrived a few days ago, and I couldn't be happier.
They image amazingly well, and I love the textures and nuances that they're bringing out of my cds.  I expect them to get even better after they've finished breaking in.

My wife is really happy with the looks and the sound as well, which is fortunate since they'll play a prominent role in our living room!

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #30 on: 1 May 2010, 08:09 pm »
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to note that I just heard the D1's with a built-in GR plate amp powering the four 7" woofers here at AKfest.  The rest was powered by a Jolida tube amp.  VERY nice.  One of my favorites at the show.
« Last Edit: 1 May 2010, 09:40 pm by woofersus »

chadh

« Reply #31 on: 1 May 2010, 11:31 pm »
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to note that I just heard the D1's with a built-in GR plate amp powering the four 7" woofers here at AKfest.  The rest was powered by a Jolida tube amp.  VERY nice.  One of my favorites at the show.

I thought it sounded pretty nice too.

Chad

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 2 May 2010, 02:03 am »
Thanks guys,

I am glad you liked them.

gold

« Reply #33 on: 2 May 2010, 05:14 pm »
Any pics of the D1's at AKfest?  Front and back would be nice! 

emac

« Reply #34 on: 2 May 2010, 05:54 pm »
After hearing the Tylers for the 2nd year at AK Fest, I still couldn't form a good opinion of them.  The speakers just overpower the small hotel room.  They have the typical Danny Richie voicing to them and I got the sense that they could be magnificent, but I simply can't say much beyond that based off of what I heard.   

Danny Richie

« Reply #35 on: 2 May 2010, 05:59 pm »
I have heard some of that same feedback from last year as well. It is really hard to get a good sense of those speakers in an untreated hotel room, especially if they are loading the room up with low frequency energy.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #36 on: 2 May 2010, 07:15 pm »
True, the room isn't that great, but I feel like I'm able to discern what's going on for the most part.  Voicing is accurate, off axis is great, resolution is above average, and control is superb.  The first reflection points create a slight glare that could occasionally be confused with sibilance, but its only with certain material.  The cabinets are very well damped but the room loads enough to sometimes make the bass come accross as boxy.  Never boomy though - the bass is really fast.  Maybe as good as one of Danny's line sources.  We just listened to 3/4 of Dream Theater's "Scenes from a Memory" and it was fantastic.

I'll try to take some pics, but I didn't bring my camera so they'll be phone pics.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #37 on: 2 May 2010, 07:42 pm »

nickd

« Reply #38 on: 3 May 2010, 12:34 am »
I think I heard the model D 10's at T.H.E Show in Las Vegas this year. VERY nice indeed. I can comment on the difference between the LS9  (I built a really nice pair) and the model I heard . The LS9 is quite a different animal. The Tyler sounds like a good point source and the LS9 in a monster line source. The sound staging is quite different between the two designs. That said. the Tyler sounded really good in a TINY :lol: room. The LS9 would not have worked in that tiny room at all. For my taste, the LS9 may be the better sound in a perfect room. But, The LS9 is a way tough build and needs LOTS of room to breath.

The Tyler is delivered to your house ready to play music 8) and seems to work in smaller rooms quite well for a big speaker at $9500.00 I'm not too sure how long he will be able to sell this kind of product. It seems even in this crappy economy to still be quite a deal.

gold

« Reply #39 on: 3 May 2010, 12:17 pm »
Thanks for the cell phone pics.  I heard they sounded great in that small room.