Harmony Remote/Bryston BDA-1 DAC

mcullinan

Harmony Remote/Bryston BDA-1 DAC
« on: 3 Sep 2008, 01:37 pm »
I am in the process of setting up the Bryston BDA-1 DAC with Logitech for the Harmony Remote line. I received the remote codes from James for the DAC.

Its pretty cool you have control of power, upsampling, all optical, Spdif, AES, and USB inputs, plus 0, -1, -2, and -3 dB attenuation in the signal of the DAC. It should be up now or in the next few days!
Mike

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Re: Harmony Remote/Bryston BDA-1 DAC
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:41 am »

hi, mcullinan!

i bought a harmony one and was looking at the logitech website for the BDA-1's remote codes...and couldn't find them. didn't you say that
you sent them to logitech?? if so, where (category) can i find the BDA-1? :o

thanx,

al.

mcullinan

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2008, 01:44 pm »
Al,
I just talked to support. For some reason it hasnt been made public yet. This is what they told me you should do.
Call Harmony Suport. Ask to speak to a level 2 tech. Use this incident number --> 081015003478.
Tell them you want to add it to your remote. They will do it for you.
I asked them several times why not just add it.. didnt really get an answer. I said it works great yadayada.

LEt me know if it works out.
Mike

alexone

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2008, 06:35 am »
ok. thank you. will give it a try today and let you know aa.

al.

john1970

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2008, 10:02 am »
Al,

I will be receiving a BDA-1 in the next few weeks and I was hoping you would have some feedback on the BDA-1 and Harmony remotes.  Did it work well?

Thank you,

John

alexone

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2008, 04:00 pm »
hi!

sorry for answering a bit late. i called logitech in germany and they told me i would have to contact logitech canada. i was working the last few days and will give it a try again next week aa.

al

mcullinan

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2008, 04:05 pm »
Alex.. Im in the US. Is Logitech a Canadian Co?
Mike

alexone

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2008, 04:11 pm »
hi,

i know that you are in the US...the number you gave me indicated your location. well, i don't know but i thought that logitech is or used to be an us company. anyway- the woman on the phone told me that a contact to logitech canada will be neccessary.
we will see...
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2008, 12:20 pm by alexone »

alexone

« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2008, 04:01 am »
here we go:

logitech canada implemented the BDA-1's remote code on their website (given the codes mcullinan sent to logitech). i have not received my BDA-1 yet :bawl: so i will have to wait until i can check if it works. i asked James if he would mind about publishing the codes for everyone. and he said that it is ok- customer's convenience is important. so once again: thanx, Bryston!!!

and now good luck guys :thumb:.

al.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2008, 04:33 pm by alexone »

mcullinan

« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2008, 01:44 pm »
I told them it was copacetic to make the codes live several times.... what changed their minds?? Maybe since a few people have asked for it? That was a pain in the butt to do..
Mike

alexone

« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2008, 04:30 pm »

hi, mcullinan!

well, i don't know what went wrong. anyway, now the new update for the remote should work fine aa.

al.

john1970

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2008, 01:20 am »
Where did you get the codes from Logitech canada website?  I am receiving my BDA-1 on Tuesday and I want to set up the remote this weekend.

Thank you,

John

mcullinan

« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2008, 01:26 am »
Wow! I just checked and its still not in the database. Give Logitech a call and follow the previous directions.
GL
Mike

john1970

« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2008, 02:22 am »
I'll call tomorrow.

Thanks,

John

alexone

« Reply #14 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:46 am »
I'll call tomorrow.

Thanks,

John

hi!

the codes are still not in their database :evil: :evil:. if you call logitech you need mcullinan's reference number 0810 1500 3478.

al.

denjo

« Reply #15 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:53 am »
The same thing with One-for-All Remote Controls. I was interested in one of their inexpensive models and contacted them about compatibility with the B100. They requested Bryston's contact so they could liaise directly with Bryston to get the codes but so far (more than 1 month has since passed) no word from One-for-All!!

Looks like I will have no choice but to get the Bryston Remote! Oh well, at least one thing's for sure - whatever remotes are available out there, it will DEFINITELY not come with a 20 year warranty!  :)

Best regards
Dennis

john1970

« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2008, 08:28 am »
Dennis,

You do have another choice.  Buy a Logitech Harmony remote!  I've checked their website and they do have the codes for the B100 amplifier.  I have the BP25 codes downloaded into my Logitech Harmony 550 remote and it works perfectly.  Bestbuy has the Logitech Harmony 550 remote on sale for only $80!  I've had mine Harmony remote for the past two years without any problems.

Cheers,

John

denjo

« Reply #17 on: 2 Nov 2008, 08:43 am »
Hi John
Thanks very much for your suggestion! If I can secure a Logitech Harmony Remote in Singapore, I would be really be very happy, especially if it is capable of doing everything that the Bryston remote can do. At that kind of price, it sounds like an irresistible bargain! I have been wasting much time enquiring about the One-for-All and now feel that I should check out the Harmony.

Many thanks John for your timeous suggestion!

Best regards
Dennis

« Last Edit: 2 Nov 2008, 10:35 am by denjo »

john1970

Al,
I just talked to support. For some reason it hasnt been made public yet. This is what they told me you should do.
Call Harmony Suport. Ask to speak to a level 2 tech. Use this incident number --> 081015003478.
Tell them you want to add it to your remote. They will do it for you.
I asked them several times why not just add it.. didnt really get an answer. I said it works great yadayada.

LEt me know if it works out.
Mike

Mike,

I spent 30 minutes speaking with a level 2 tech using your reference number, but they would not add the BDA-1 to my remote.  Once you had the Hex Codes from Byrston to who did you e-mail at Logitech to have it added to your remote.

Thank you,

John

mcullinan

« Reply #19 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:55 pm »
I would ask for someone different, that guy could have had moronitis.
Mike