Harmony Remote/Bryston BDA-1 DAC

john1970

Re: Harmony Remote/Bryston BDA-1 DAC
« Reply #20 on: 2 Nov 2008, 07:35 pm »
Mike,

I called back Logitech two more times and finally on the third call I got someone to upload the BDA-1 codes to my Harmony remote.  I can't believe that I had to spend over an hour on the phone just to get the remote codes. 

Thank you again,

John

mcullinan

« Reply #21 on: 2 Nov 2008, 08:28 pm »
It is a mystery why they wont just put the F*ing codes in their database. Are they trying to hold people hostage? Not sure what the issue is, as a ton of other Bryston components are already there.
Mike

john1970

« Reply #22 on: 2 Nov 2008, 09:11 pm »
Mike,

I don't understand why either.  I frankly don't mind having to call to have it installed.  What I found annoying was the fact that I had to call THREE times to resolve a simple issue.  On the third call the technician was very helpful and it took only 10 minutes to upload the codes on to my remote.  I think it just took three phone calls to find the right person. 

Cheers,

John

mcullinan

« Reply #23 on: 2 Nov 2008, 09:33 pm »
You would think that after several people needing the remote codes, they would just simplify their lives and activate them. I find that especially with large companies you need to surf around until you get someone who actually knows what they are doing.
Its an awesome DAC..
Mike