The last chapter of the Matrix on Weds

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 2 Nov 2003, 09:59 pm »
Won't be long now til the last installment of the Matrix.  I'm actually looking forward to watching this one.  I might have to watch the first two on DVD this week and go see the new on Weds nite.  On second thought, maybe I oughta give it a couple weeks (I hate crowded theaters, and I won't watch a movie from anywhere but one of the 10 or 12 best seats in the place).

bubba966

Re: The last chapter of the Matrix on Weds
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2003, 10:34 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
On second thought, maybe I oughta give it a couple weeks (I hate crowded theaters, and I won't watch a movie from anywhere but one of the 10 or 12 best seats in the place).

That's one of the good things about going to private screenings. No lines, no crowd, no admission cost. :mrgreen:

I'm still trying to decide if I want to see it Monday night, or Tuesday night. Or both even. :wink:

PeteG

« Reply #2 on: 3 Nov 2003, 01:51 am »
Rob, I'm with you on watching the first two, at least the last one (reloaded) for me. I hope were not disappointed.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2003, 03:35 am »
Okay, Brian, dish!  Did you see it?  Was it any good?  Does Moss still fill out the pleather jumpsuit well? :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2003, 05:28 am »
Well Rob, I decided to only bother seeing it at tomorrow nights screening and skip tonights screening.

Though if I was going to see it tonight, it wouldn't happen for another 3 more hours. For you see, the one problem with private screenings is that they're always after hours at the theater. Which usually means midnight or later.

But I'll let you know what I think of it tomorrow night after I get home.

And if you think Moss looks tasty in the first two movies, check out Beckinsale in Underworld. Puts Moss to shame if 'ya ask me. :mrgreen:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2003, 05:32 am »
Oh yeah!  Kate Beckinsale is a major league hottie, foxier than Carrie Ann Moss ever was.  I actually have been wanting to see Underworld, too.  The reviews weren't kind, but I don't usually pay much attention to them anyway.

bob82274

« Reply #6 on: 4 Nov 2003, 10:36 pm »
Got my ticket for tomorrow night!  How bout you guys? Bubba have you already seen it?

bubba966

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2003, 01:53 am »
Well, I tried to see it two weeks ago. But that was a big no go. :(

So I'll be catching it tonight, in about 6 hours. :mrgreen:

Will let all know how it is when I get back.

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 5 Nov 2003, 12:02 pm »
Well, I just got back from it (just in time to get 2 hours of sleep before work :evil: ).

It was fairly intense for a good chunk of the movie.

I can't say I'm fond of how it ends.

I also can't say I'm fond of the replacement Oracle.

And there needed to be more of Monica in that red latex outfit! :o  :hyper:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2003, 12:06 pm »
Hmmm...we both keep Vampire hours! :lol:   What, the original oracle isn't in the new ones? Did she have a Depends commercial that conflicted with the Matrix shoot? Or, er, maybe she died or something...

I guess even tho I press for details, I wouldn't want a spoiler, as I'll probably wait a week for the crowds to thin out, then go see it.

BTW, haven't seen the outfit you describe, but I'd probably want to see less of it, if you catch my drift! 8)  :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2003, 12:10 pm »
Hmmm...we both keep Vampire hours! :lol:

Only to watch the last half of Reloaded. I'd be in deep snore mode if it wasn't for that... :wink:  :lol:

What, the original oracle isn't in the new ones? Did she have a Depends commercial that conflicted with the Matrix shoot? Or, er, maybe she died or something...

Death would be the correct answer. She apparently died right after she'd filmed her scenes for Reloaded.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 5 Nov 2003, 12:16 pm »
Geez, I was kidding...that's too bad. Well, actually, her character annoyed the piss outta me anyway.  Not that I wish the actress death on that score, tho.

I'll be going to see it eventually, but I won't get a private screening, so I'll wait till the crowds thin a bit.

boxhead

« Reply #12 on: 6 Nov 2003, 06:35 pm »
:mrgreen: Saw it yesterday at the IMAX here in Houston. Drive miles to see it in this format. Absolutely fantastic. The bass will definitely tickle your ears and extremities. The story starts slow but the rollercoaster will follow. The ending sort of shocks fans of this series but it still rocks. Cheers.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #13 on: 6 Nov 2003, 06:47 pm »
I liked revolutions a lot, it is a fitting ending.  What I find interesting is that the first matrix was very much cyberpunk/urban cool/geek chic, and reloaded and revolutions is played much more "straight" as an epic/hero/journey type of story.  I'm glad they change the tone and didn't do the whole "winking at the audience, see how clever we are" rounte.

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #14 on: 7 Nov 2003, 01:12 am »
I was disappointed with the ending.  It leaves to many questions unanswered.  :?

The Producer, Joel Silver, said there won't be a Matrix 4.  Just comics and anime to follow-up the story line.

To me, the first Matrix is by far the best.

taketwo

« Reply #15 on: 10 Nov 2003, 12:51 pm »
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne
I was disappointed with the ending.  It leaves to many questions unanswered.  :?

The Producer, Joel Silver, said there won't be a Matrix 4.  Just comics and anime to follow-up the story line.

To me, the first Matrix is by far the best.

Actually I kinda like the ending. It's a logical follow-up to the situation developed in the Animatrix. First the human won in the 1st Animatrix, then the robots won in the 2nd Animatrix and now in Revolutions there is a fragile peace of sorts. It also makes a great start to whatever follow-ups they can think of.

viggen

« Reply #16 on: 10 Nov 2003, 01:21 pm »
I was fairly dissapointed at the ending of the Revolution.  I saw it Saturday night.  Now, Monday morning, I am starting to feel more comfortable about the ending.

I thought the epistiomological chronology of the first matrix was embodied very well, but the second one was a bunch of techno-babble.  I found it also interesting that they have a Frenchy play a proponent of British empircist and have a guy who looks like David hume play the proponent for existentialism.  Although, these were all bastard versions of at best.

The third took a totally different spin.  As I suspected, the revolution touches on the eastern chaste system as well as choicevsfreewill and faith.  However, and this is what dissapointed me, these didn't answer who and wut the f*ck are they.  

Well, the third, instead of continuing with its psycho-babble, answers the question through action.  I didn't understand why the Architect will allow Zion and Neo to live.  It seems they all have found their purpose.  And, it seems their purpose is anti-virus.  

This, I guess, ends the final chapter of epistomology with american ethics especially that of Milton in the argument of purpose and utilitarianism.  

But what do I know... Just glad there is no more friggin rave scene in the third one too.

taketwo

« Reply #17 on: 10 Nov 2003, 01:48 pm »
"Well, the third, instead of continuing with its psycho-babble, answers the question through action. I didn't understand why the Architect will allow Zion and Neo to live. It seems they all have found their purpose. And, it seems their purpose is anti-virus."

I actually understood the 2nd one after 2nd viewing. The Architect explained it all towards the end. The only reason why Zion and Neo was allowed to live is because in order to make the Matrix work, the Matrix had to be imperfect. Remember that humans are basically batteries and in the perfect world (Matrix), humans cannot live and the machines will eventually lose their source of power. In order for it to be imperfect there had to be a rogue program. That's where Neo and the Oracle comes in.

I think it is easier to understand if you have some background in programming. Many of the points and concepts made comes from the programming world.

viggen

« Reply #18 on: 11 Nov 2003, 10:36 pm »
Taketwo,

Can you briefly explain how a rogue program is pertinent in a successful computer system?  

Also, I doubt Zion is left to live for its "battery".  Unless, Zion is going to start pimping out fresh boys and girls.

Thanks

taketwo

« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55 pm »
Quote from: viggen
Taketwo,

Can you briefly explain how a rogue program is pertinent in a successful computer system?  

Also, I doubt Zion is left to live for its "battery".  Unless, Zion is going to start pimping out fresh boys and girls.

Thanks

How do you define a successful program? A perfect one? Well in a perfect Matrix humans can't live. This was explained by the Architect. Humans are by nature imperfect. That was why there had been a few revisions to the Matrix. That is why the movie was called Reloaded. There had been more than 1 attempt by Neo to reload or restart the Matrix. The Architect had said that everytime he chose to save the world the Matrix is "reloaded", Zion is destroyed but Neo is allowed to choose 23 humans (or was it 7 I can't remember) to restart the human race. It was something the machines were willing to accept. This is the rogue program (you can call it a virus if you want) I was talking about.