Isabella -- Website is up and now taking orders!

kitten

Re: Isabella -- Website is up and now taking orders!
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jul 2008, 01:11 am »
I think it really is a matter of preference. I do actually rip all of my CDs for backup purposes in case I need to reburn if the original gets scratched or damaged (my son snapped one in half once :bawl:) but when it comes to relaxing and music listening I guess I'm in that minority who'd rather be nowhere near a computer.

Interesting comments regarding the Oppo as a transport. The anologue-out audio from my Oppo (DV-981HD) is excellent with DVDs, and not too shabby with SACDs, however to my ears the anologue-out CD performance is a long way behind my very old Rotel RCD965BX in terms of scale, dynamics and fluidity (I'm not very good at describing these things). The Rotel's CD performance also beats the Oppo's SACD performance. It could be that the Rotel's internal DAC is that much better than the Oppo's and I wouldn't know this until I compared both the Oppo and Rotel digital outs into a DAC such as the Isabellina. I see there are one or two places that mod the Oppo players' tranports, analogue and digital outputs, but at a cost of course.

After including the $1500 additional outlay for the Isabellina, even with a $100 transport you're then in competion with CD players in the $1600 price category (or a $2500 CD player compared with Isabellina plus buying a $1000 MacBook).

My idea is to get the best transport I can and given I have a number of SACDs also I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on an Esoteric X03-SE, which I can pick up fairly cheaply, and running this anologue into the Isabella. Still, it would be fun to play with the DAC, so I might even get the Isabellina DAC as well as this could handle DVD from the Oppo, given I watch a lot of cinema. The Esoteric has a digital out for Red Book so in that case I could even run that into the Isabellina when playing CDs, should SP/DIF plus Isabellina DAC manage to outperform the Esoteric's own DAC.

Unless Vinnie, you're suggesting the Macbook USD performance is so good it might beat the Esoteric? :duh: In that case I might reconsider things and seriously look at the computer route... I'm looking forward to reading Srajan's conclusions on all this :drool:

All the best,
kitten

the_lag

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jul 2008, 01:20 am »
Hi ,

Im a newbie in this site  , live in Chile and the spectrum of gear or at least the last kids on the blocks arrive with a great dealy.
So my question is : are the Wine Audio electronics as good as the rave reviews tells?

best. Victor-

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jul 2008, 01:23 am »
I have started to use the Sonos into a tube dac as my reference transport and love the flexability and entire music collection there at my beckon call. There are also a few well know and respected modders (Joseph Chow/ Audio Horizons, and Cullen /PS Audio, Wyred) that have very cost effective PSUs and reclockers) I am tickled with the sound Im getting and not having to futz with an expensive Cd player. I hate computers but using itunes to ripp ALAC or AIFF directed to a HD it simply works fine and without all the computer BS and codecs and everything .

PS Being an Imod customer of Vinnies Im sure he has a winner here in using USB input but see no reason why superb results couldnt be had with digital into his Isabella from a SONOS or other wifi server

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #23 on: 5 Jul 2008, 01:25 am »
Hi ,

Im a newbie in this site  , live in Chile and the spectrum of gear or at least the last kids on the blocks arrive with a great dealy.
So my question is : are the Wine Audio electronics as good as the rave reviews tells?

best. Victor-

Yes, great stuff, though unfortunately moving out of my price range and into very competitive territory with other excellent performing gear.

winebroker2007

« Reply #24 on: 5 Jul 2008, 08:41 pm »
Vinnie--

I haven't seen anything regarding connections between your RWA-modded Olive and the new Isabella.  What is your preferred method of connecting the two?  Are there several options, or is one method clearly superior?

Thanks,
George

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #25 on: 6 Jul 2008, 02:07 pm »
Unless Vinnie, you're suggesting the Macbook USB performance is so good it might beat the Esoteric?  In that case I might reconsider things and seriously look at the computer route... I'm looking forward to reading Srajan's conclusions on all this

Hi Kitten,

Even the Esoteric uses the S/PDIF format to transfer digital data to an external dac.  I am suggesting that using USB has the potential to sound
as good or better than the best CD transports when feeding the Isabellina, so please take a close look at this option.  For SACDs, you would need to use your SACD player's analog outputs to feed the Isabella line-stage preamp.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know...

Hi Victor,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!  We do not currently have any distributors in Chile, so you can purchase direct (with a 30-day money-back guarantee) from RWA in the USA.  You will not be disappointed!  aa

S Being an Imod customer of Vinnies I'm sure he has a winner here in using USB input but see no reason why superb results couldn't be had with digital into his Isabella from a SONOS or other wifi server

Hi pbrstreetgang,

You are absolutely correct!   8)

I haven't seen anything regarding connections between your RWA-modded Olive and the new Isabella.  What is your preferred method of connecting the two?  Are there several options, or is one method clearly superior?

Hi George,

The modded Olive music server features a 75-ohm BNC coax output.  I recommend you use a 75-ohm BNC to BNC coax cable to feed the 75-ohm BNC input of the Isbellina.  This will give you an impedance-matched link, which will minimize reflections on the cable and thus reduce jitter.  This should give you best results, but you can also try the TOSLINK (optical) output of the Olive at the same time and switch between them and compare. 

Best regards,

Vinnie

TONEPUB

« Reply #26 on: 6 Jul 2008, 04:11 pm »
Hey Vinnie:

Im working today...
Give me a call if you have a minute!

thanks,

jeff

winebroker2007

« Reply #27 on: 7 Jul 2008, 11:52 pm »
Vinnie--

I'm currently using the ATH-W1000 headphones (the ones Srajan uses) with the RWA-modded Olive Music Server.  If I was to order the Isabella with the optional headphone output stage, what changes could I expect in what I hear through the headphones using the additional components for listening to CDs stored on the Olive?

--George

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #28 on: 8 Jul 2008, 01:48 am »
Vinnie--

I'm currently using the ATH-W1000 headphones (the ones Srajan uses) with the RWA-modded Olive Music Server.  If I was to order the Isabella with the optional headphone output stage, what changes could I expect in what I hear through the headphones using the additional components for listening to CDs stored on the Olive?

--George

Hi George,

The Isabella with optional built-in headphone output stage is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the modded Olive's headphone output.  They are not even on the same planet!

The Isabella's headphone output will make the modded Olive's headphone output sound flat (2D) and lifeless in comparison.  Expect
much more dimensionality, much more tone, much cleaner bass, more air and sparkle in the top end, less grain, more naturalness and
much more seductive presentation overall.  :singing:

No matter if you use the modded Olive's analog outputs or digital output into the Isabella with Isabellina dac option, you will enjoy your ATH-W1000s on an entirely different level.  The Isabella with headphone output stage makes it one helluva sweet, kick-butt headphone amp.
I've heard some of the finest headphone amps last May at Can Jam '08 in Florida and would take the Isabella over any of them (especially with a pair of Sony MDR-R10 headphones!). :drool:

Srajan of 6moons will be reviewing the Isabella with built-in Isabellina dac option and headphone output stage, so I'm looking forward to hearing his impressions of it as well...  :)

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 8 Jul 2008, 08:16 pm »
UPDATE:

Isabellina dac modules should be here by this Thursday.  We'll need about a week to solder all the components and test them, and then we'll be installing them into Isabella units and shipping them out!  :hyper:

For those who ordered the Isabella linestage preamp (w/o Isabellina dac), we are starting to ship them THIS week!  :D :D :D

I'll also be posting about the stand-alone Isabellina dac product in a new thread very soon...

Thanks again,

Vinnie

Mariusz

« Reply #30 on: 9 Jul 2008, 12:22 am »
Hi Vinnie, 
after visiting your website , reading reviews and personal (limited...but not for long)
experience with your products I can not help but wonder.........

When  are we going to see another amazing products from RWA stable like:

RWA phonostage (Bella)
and
RWA Referance CDP (Lyre)   ????????????

Something to think about............

Best

Mariusz

enjoiflobees

« Reply #31 on: 9 Jul 2008, 02:14 am »
Mariusz,

When you said this "RWA phonostage (Bella)"  did you mean that the name of the phono stage should be Bella?  If you did, that is a GREAT idea. 

Mariusz

« Reply #32 on: 9 Jul 2008, 02:50 am »
I think so too. It is also from Italian and it is related to Isabella a Royal name  used by Roman aristocrats.

Cheers

6rs

« Reply #33 on: 9 Jul 2008, 08:39 am »
Please, not "bella", as it just means "beautiful" (female) in Italian, or "wars" in Latin.
Let's leave naming to Vinnie, he is the father, so that is his own noble task. :)

Loftprojection

« Reply #34 on: 9 Jul 2008, 03:19 pm »
Well if we are going to start with a wish list  :lol: then for me it would be a one box RWA integrated amp (maybe with DAC!  :o).  Something like a Sig 30 combined with a toned down version of Isabella that would be positioned in the "<$3000" segment.  The "affordable" stereo integrated amp market is probably where there is the most competition and the biggest market.  Vinnie would come in there and create a big wave!   :icon_lol:

Mariusz

« Reply #35 on: 9 Jul 2008, 03:50 pm »
Please, not "bella", as it just means "beautiful" (female) in Italian, or "wars" in Latin.
Let's leave naming to Vinnie, he is the father, so that is his own noble task. :)

I did not mean to suggest the name(s) .....more like new products that would comlite the line and would make very strong bond between the brand, fans of RWA products and I am sure great synergy from A - Z.
You are right, Vinnie should name his products since those are his creations not ours.

Cheers
Mariusz

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #36 on: 9 Jul 2008, 11:41 pm »
All,

Just an update regarding the 6moons reveiw:

Srajan Ebaen of 6moons is moving to beautiful Switzerland:
http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/lesuisse/lesuisse.html

From this link:

Quote from: Srajan Ebaen
One heavily anticipated review is the Red Wine Audio Isabella. I have asked Vinnie to postpone delivery and ship to Switzerland directly in early August.

Here is wishing Srajan a happy move and all the best in his new digs!  :beer:

The Isabella (with built-in Isabellina dac and headphone output option), Signature 30.2 power amp, and MacBook (for USB transport) will all ship out to Switzerland early next month for the big review...

In other news... Isabellina dac boards are HERE and we are building them!  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Everything is coming out great!  8)

Vinnie

6rs

« Reply #37 on: 10 Jul 2008, 05:17 am »

From this link:

One heavily anticipated review is the Red Wine Audio Isabella. I have asked Vinnie to postpone delivery and ship to Switzerland directly in early August.
The Isabella (with built-in Isabellina dac and headphone output option), Signature 30.2 power amp, and MacBook (for USB transport) will all ship out to Switzerland early next month for the big review.

Good wishes and a warm welcome from me too! I live only 20 miles from Srajan's new headquarter in "La Suisse". Actually,  I'll get my Isabella before him :lol: -

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #38 on: 10 Jul 2008, 05:38 am »
Here is wishing Srajan a happy move and all the best in his new digs!

:beer: ....and one of Srajan's new neighbors.....Nestlé. (close by....yummy)... :wink:

borelek

• Best regards. serge
« Reply #39 on: 10 Jul 2008, 12:36 pm »

From this link:

The Isabella (with built-in Isabellina dac and headphone output option), Signature 30.2 power amp, and MacBook (for USB transport) will all ship out to Switzerland early next month for the big review.

Good wishes and a warm welcome from me too! I live only 20 miles from Srajan's new headquarter in "La Suisse". Actually,  I'll get my Isabella before him :lol: -

Well, welcome "en Suisse" from me as well. I live only 20 miles from Srajan's new headquarter too. By the way, were are you living 6rs ? But no Isabella for me yet.

If you need anything, Srajan, please feel free to ask.