SP TECH REVELATION MK III MUNDORF CROSSOVERS - 7K this week only!!!

alotaklipsch

Is this it?

http://www.4sptech.com/version2/rmr.html

hubba hubba, if it were bonus time I'd snap these up for a go around.

I checked out shipping, and, now I can do it, so, it is VERY EASY!!!! :duh: :lol: 8)

alotaklipsch

On the other hand.

You just say, "But darling, the speakers just are not selling. I have tried everything. It must the flat economy right now. Looks like we will just have to keep them."  :thumb:

Touché...  Check and Mate!!

Steve,

There's no way these have depreciated to the point of your asking price.  If you should be so unlucky to sell them for that, the earth will shake with seismic regrets.  If a compromise has to be made to keep peace in the marriage, there's got to be a better way - one that makes more sense. 

WIFE IS WORTH IT :thumb:

JDUBS

Steve, any pics?  I think those would go along way to help getting these sold.

-Jim

alotaklipsch

Steve, any pics?  I think those would go along way to help getting these sold.

-Jim

Jim,  trying to find camera, then I will :thumb:

alotaklipsch

:thumb:

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY :drums:

Mike Long

I tried but my wife won't let me have anything withou grill cloth.

Mike :cry:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

Just drape something, of her choice, over them when you are not listening.
Problem solved.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.

Just drape something, of her choice, over them when you are not listening.
Problem solved.

yeah...cuz they are so ugly!!   NOT!!!!!!!!!  Do not drape these beauties....
(not the same color as Steve's or mine, but I think these are the most beautiful   :drool:  )

these are more like Steve's version......do NOT cover up  :thumb:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

I was just calling him on his lame excuse, "my wife will let me buy $10,000 speakers, but not without grills".
Right.

Lin

ted_b

• Volunteer

I was just calling him on his lame excuse, "my wife will let me buy $10,000 speakers, but not without grills".
Right.

Lin

I know...I was just havin a little fun with fotos.  I guess cuz this is a trading post thread I ought to just let Steve post legit photos of his actual speakers, though.....

Bob WILL make you grills, ya know................... :nono:

Double Ugly

This is a picture of the speakers for sale, taken at the Chang get-together in Denver last October.

I don't recall anyone who wasn't in awe of the sound that evening.  I was particularly impressed they could sound so good with a crossover, an amp and a preamp all less than a week old.

Opinions vary, of course, but I certainly don't think them ugly.  Even if they were, their sonic abilities more than make up for any perceived aesthetic shortcomings IMHO.

ADDENDUM:  Note the no-longer-available black woofers.  They sound no different than the silver woofers, but I think they work particularly well with the high-gloss piano lacquer finish.

ted_b

• Volunteer
DU, Thanks for that photo.  Yes, they sounded GREAT.  And the eclectic mix of music that night was wonderful.  What a night.  You see, I had already made my big down payment in March of 07, and now over 6 months later I had finally gotten to hear the hallowed Revelations for the first time!!   It was such an incredibly satisfying feeling that I had picked this speaker, without hearing it, and then had this wonderful evening to validate my pick.   Two months later, Dec 27th, and my Revs arrived...and i've been in music heaven ever since.

Someone buy these!!!!

AliG

Mind me asking, is there anything inside the lower box (i.e. inside the S2 sign)??

ted_b

• Volunteer
Mind me asking, is there anything inside the lower box (i.e. inside the S2 sign)??
It is a damped transmission line woofer enclosure...the magic behind the Revelations incredible bass performance....which in turn makes the midrange and highs that much better.

Geardaddy

those are stunners.  I am shocked :o the Revs did not sell instantly at this price.  It is a testament to the wretched shape of our economy....

ted_b

• Volunteer
Well, with all these pictures and plaudits Steve will owe us all a commission once they do!   :thumb:

RodMCV

I too experienced the Revelation of Sound Reproduction in Denver RMAF'07.

After the night @ Steve's I wrote some thoughts here in the Acircle and I would direct the
interested reader to check it out. dates October 16, 17 2007.

I would cut and paste as a review but I am challenged and illiterate in these things.

Suffice it to say these are the one and the same speakers(beautiful Piano Black)
Revelation Mk III  that we all heard,
 neophytes and SP-Tech old hats, one and the same Blown Away.

Rod
P.S. I would buy these but already almost own some!
(My cash flow not Bob's flow.)
« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2008, 04:41 pm by RodMCV »

Double Ugly

those are stunners.  I am shocked :o the Revs did not sell instantly at this price.  It is a testament to the wretched shape of our economy....

If I hadn't already ordered Grand Masters, I'd wouldn't have given anyone else a chance to get them from Steve Chang.  They're certainly a lot less than what I'll end up paying for the GMs, and as already noted in numerous posts, they're incredible.

Well, with all these pictures and plaudits Steve will owe us all a commission once they do!   :thumb:

I don't have a problem with that.  Taking the above picture cost me a boatload of money, and I'd like to recoup some of the expense.  :wink:

I too experienced the Revelation of Sound Reproduction in Denver RMAF'07.

After the night @ Steve's I wrote some thoughts here in the Acircle and I would direct the
interested reader to check it out. dates October 16, 17 2007.

Here ya go, Rod:  October 16, 2007;   October 17, 2007

RodMCV

Ok DU,
then what do I do with the highlighted area to put it in the blog?

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
I've met Steve and his beautiful wife and if you would ever see their contempory tastes in furnishings and design taste that dwell in their gorgeous home you would no why having drivers exposed just wouldn't be exceptable.
 I'm sure Steve is a handful with all his toys and the line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere. That's probably the only stipulation she asks for and compliance just makes for a happy home. :D