Funniest Scenes of All-Time

ajzepp

Funniest Scenes of All-Time
« on: 1 Jun 2008, 10:29 pm »
I don't know if you guys found this as funny as I did, but it's from a movie called Skin Deep with John Ritter. It came out back in the 80s, and even though it was just an 'ok' film, this scene had me pissing myself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5u6vm44ak

giantsteps

jimdgoulding

Re: Funniest Scenes of All-Time
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2008, 02:12 am »
Probably very few if any saw this let alone remember this scene except for Zack but in The Wrong Box, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore visit an eccentric long haired Peter Sellers in his tiny attic apartment to have him forge a death certificate.  There are a hundred or so cats that share his residence all over the place and when he nearsightedly reaches for a blotter next to his pen, he picks up a cat instead which he rolls over his signature.  It was how casually he did it that made it so funny.

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2008, 02:28 am »
The five minutes of Steve Martin's "monkey boy" scam with Michael Cain in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels gets my vote.

"Your Trident sir?"

Bigfish

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2008, 12:20 pm »
It may not be the funniest of all time but certainly a scene I have remembered for a long time was in the movie "When Harry Met Sally."  Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan are in a restaurant and Meg demonstrates how a woman can fake an organism.  Funny!

Ken

SCompRacer

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:09 pm »
The “Tallywhacker” scene from Porky’s comes to mind.

Lyndon

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:14 pm »
I'm with BigFish.  Can't go with the ultimate.  But this video clip is a good one from Kurt Russell's 'Used Cars'

""1973 Cadillac Coupe De Ville, for $6299.  That price...is too high!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UwH5KEbAipY

SCompRacer

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:21 pm »
But this video clip is a good one from Kurt Russell's 'Used Cars'

LOL  Fond memories.  Remember the scene when the model they hire for the commercial gets her dress caught on the hood ornament?  They pop the hood of the car and rip her dress off on live TV.  How about the money tied on the end of the fishing line?

Thebiker

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:57 pm »
I'm there on the Mel Brooks call.  I love Blazing Saddles but Young Frankenstein slays me.  Madeline Kahn doing the post coital scene with The Monster gets me every time.

jaywills

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2008, 02:42 pm »
Cat Ballou.  Lee Marvin on his horse-chase scene (I know, I'm dating myself).

rpf

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2008, 02:53 pm »
I'll third Mel Brooks. For me, "The Producers" wins. Zero Mostel abusing and then conning Gene Wilder is still incredibly funny. Actually Zero didn't have to do anything to be funny.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2008, 03:59 pm »
Chevy Chase in "Funny Farm". Mainly the scene where the snake is chasing him and he racks himself on the door knob.

The best one I can think of is Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". It's the scene where Steve is talking to the lady at the rental car place. (Too graphic to say it here).  :wink:

About any scene from "Throw Mama from the Train".

Bob

mcullinan

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:04 pm »
First Mel Brooks ROCKS! I loved Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and High Anxiety. Pure Genius. One of the more modern movies that I find very funny is Something about Mary... when the dog is getting shocked and bursts into flames, and of course the hair gel scene.
Plus Steve Martin in The Jerk... hilarious!

Mike

2bigears

« Reply #13 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:14 pm »
 :D  now this is a good thread....world needs more funny movies.Peter Sellers movies are up there in the classics also !! :D

WerTicus

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:28 pm »
This is the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLNQWahGbw
in two parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJbwtyHSu6E

Probably very few if any saw this let alone remember this scene except for Zack but in The Wrong Box, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore visit an eccentric long haired Peter Sellers in his tiny attic apartment to have him forge a death certificate.  There are a hundred or so cats that share his residence all over the place and when he nearsightedly reaches for a blotter next to his pen, he picks up a cat instead which he rolls over his signature.  It was how casually he did it that made it so funny.

ricmon

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:28 pm »
Richard Pryor in Which way is up?  The fight with is wife in the kitchen.

PhilNYC

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:53 pm »
For me, it's got to be from "Animal House"...

- Belushi's motivational speech: "when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor..."
- "May we dance with your dates?"
- "See if you can guess what I am now?"
- "I gave my love a cherry..."
- "That's ok, I'm only 15 years old..."

...and so many more... :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #17 on: 4 Jun 2008, 05:17 pm »
- "See if you can guess what I am now?"
A zit.  :lol:

Canyoneagle

« Reply #18 on: 4 Jun 2008, 07:32 pm »
Monthy Python's "The meaning of Life", when two "doctors" (Eric Idle and John Cleese) show up to collect a liver from a (jewish rastafarian) live donor, then proceed to convince the donor's mother to contribute her liver as well. Outrageus!!! 

nathanm

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jun 2008, 08:54 pm »
"The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" scene in Holy Grail, although "Constitutional Peasant" is right up there too.

The 'born to kill\peace button' scene in "Full Metal Jacket"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4VHKpGJX29s

The "over macho grande?" courtroom scene in one of the "Airplane" movies.
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2008, 10:54 pm by nathanm »