Funniest Scenes of All-Time

PhilNYC

Re: Funniest Scenes of All-Time
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2008, 09:23 pm »
The "showdown" in Raiders of the Lost Ark between Indiana Jones and the master swordsman...

drphoto

« Reply #21 on: 4 Jun 2008, 09:57 pm »
Also from "Meaning of Life", where Brian finds a huge crowd assembled outside his flat and tell's them "you don't need me......you're all individuals" and of course, they crowd replies in unison, "yes, we are all individuals!"

But for entire scenes, not just individual gags, I thought the chase in 'Raising Arizona' was pretty great.

nathanm

« Reply #22 on: 4 Jun 2008, 10:54 pm »
Brian: "…Now, FUCK OFF!!!

follower: How shall we fuck off, oh lord?"

drphoto

« Reply #23 on: 4 Jun 2008, 11:28 pm »
I thought the genius of Monty Python was how it worked on so many levels, from broad slapstick to some pretty subtle yet biting satire.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #24 on: 4 Jun 2008, 11:49 pm »

Lyndon

« Reply #25 on: 5 Jun 2008, 01:17 am »
All good stuff.  I enjoy the twisted humor of Joel and Ethan Coen movies, from the hard to find 'Crimewave'.and The Big Lebowski:

Where's the money Lebowski?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDtaKSnzOmQ&feature=related

John Turturro is fabulous as the Purple Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Toany0FXHM
I bought the soundtrack just for that Spanish version of Hotel California!

And from Raising Arizona
Count to 100 with Mississippi between every number.  You better do it, too. 'Cause we might just come back to check on ya!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p4lIqrd9NM

sbrtoy

« Reply #26 on: 5 Jun 2008, 01:39 am »
Ditto on the Lebowski...one of the best movies ever...the naked man chase in Sideways in one of the funniest moments as well.

jermmd

« Reply #27 on: 5 Jun 2008, 02:15 am »
The whole cremation scene from The Big Lebowski and the fat guy vomiting scene in The Meaning of Life still make me laugh out loud. The Marx brothers, especially Harpo, always make me laugh. There are so many great scenes it's hard to pick one. When I was a kid and first saw Blazing saddles, the fart scene made me cry I laughed so hard. I guess I'm pretty much a slapstick humor guy.

Neverknows

« Reply #28 on: 5 Jun 2008, 03:30 am »
This is from the movie Rat Race - this scene makes me laugh every time I see it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC1i0Ixystg&NR=1

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #29 on: 8 Jun 2008, 09:19 pm »
This one made me laugh so hard that my friend kept punching me in the arm as people walked out of the theater, in disgust.
It's the scene from Monty Python's The Meaning Of life where Mr. Creosol endlessly projectile vomits, even on a cleaning woman, only to explode from overindulging in a restaurant.
Sick, but funny.

nonoise

panomaniac

« Reply #30 on: 28 Jun 2008, 04:17 am »
This is from the movie Rat Race - this scene makes me laugh every time I see it. 

OMG, Rat Race is soooo funny!   Every scene is a scream.  Love it.
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Airplane?  How can you help but laugh?

Hard to choose a funniest scene, but it's got to be one from MP Holy Grail.  But which one?  Just too many great ones...

As metnioned --  from Python's MoL.  "you don't need me......you're all individuals" and of course, they crowd replies in unison, "yes, we are all individuals!"

But the little mans says "I'm not".

jimdgoulding

« Reply #31 on: 2 Jul 2008, 04:34 am »
First time I've read the last page.  I was cracking up out loud recalling the scenes mentioned above.  Hilarious.  Got Arizona and Lebowski but need to see Python again real soon.  Young Frankensteen, too.  Heck yeah!  Thanks for the laughs.

mihilli

« Reply #32 on: 2 Jul 2008, 04:56 am »

The best one I can think of is Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". It's the scene where Steve is talking to the lady at the rental car place. (Too graphic to say it here).  :wink:

How'bout the scene where Steve Martin and John Candy have to share a bed in the hotel room and they wake up "spooning" in the morning, that was pretty hilarious.

ZLS

« Reply #33 on: 2 Jul 2008, 10:15 am »
The "Razzle Dazzle" scene with Bill Murray in Stripes. 

The Marx Brothers movie Coconuts where Groucho and Chico are going over the will (The Sanity Clause)

The Seduction scene in Blazing Saddles between Lili Von Stuph and the Cleavon Little (It's Twue. It's Twue!)  I once heard that the best line of that scene was cut. 

The scene between Robert De Niro and Billy Crystal in Analyze This where Billy Crystal is explaining a dream to Robert De Niro and De Niro reaction is " I was Fredo, I don't think so!" 

The movie The Freshman where Marlon Brando is spoofing his role of Don Corleone in The Godfather.  He is on the phone with his stock broker and says in that Godfather voice, "What do you mean they went down?  I don't like it when they go down"   

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #34 on: 2 Jul 2008, 06:31 pm »
How'bout the scene where Steve Martin and John Candy have to share a bed in the hotel room and they wake up "spooning" in the morning, that was pretty hilarious.
:lol: That entire movie is hilarious. I should add it to my Netflix list, it's been MANY years since I've seen it.  aa

Bob
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2008, 12:16 pm by Bob in St. Louis »

ebag4

« Reply #35 on: 3 Jul 2008, 01:07 am »
:lol: That entire movie is hilarious. I should ass it to my Netflix list, it's been MANY years since I've seen it.  aa

Bob

Gee Bob, you Netflix ordering system works a little differently the mine... :lol:

Ed

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #36 on: 3 Jul 2008, 12:18 pm »
:o  My apologies for that. The "s" is awfully close to the "d" on the keyboard.  :oops: Sorry.

Bob
Gee Bob, you Netflix ordering system works a little differently the mine... :lol:

ebag4

« Reply #37 on: 3 Jul 2008, 12:25 pm »
Don't be sorry, it was good for a laugh and that's what this thread is about! :thumb:

Ed

denjo

« Reply #38 on: 3 Jul 2008, 02:54 pm »
Airplane!(1980)

Ted Striker (Robert Hays) said: "Surely you can't be serious!"
Rumack (Leslie Nielsen) replied: "I am serious and don't call me Shirley!"
 :lol:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions