Altec tasteing !

drummerwill

Altec tasteing !
« on: 22 Mar 2008, 12:57 am »

Guys
  I know its long overdue but, I'd like tohave afew folks over for a tasteing of my Altec systems. I can only accomodate about 10-12 folk over and not enough seating inthe sweet zone but there's room for a few.

I've got 3 Altec system to taste a Valencia system driven by the "Train"  and a tube preamp with tone control but would need a source, I usually bring my SB3 up and use it there and can do that or I have a Tosh 3990 CD player. But if someone wants to bring a source to A/B that ok too.

The other two systems are in the Dungeon ( Basement ) The Altec A-7's and the Altec 604-8K's.
 I've got a couple of amp combinations we can try with both speaker sets.

So pick your favorite CD I've got a Denon CD player tied to my DAC or Bring some IC's to match against my Transparent Music Link's (RCA's).

The date I'd like to do this is Saturday April 5th from 1:00pm till about 7:00pm I'll have some snacks and Beverage but you welcome to bring goodies of any flavour.

So let me know who's up for it and sorry for the limited exposure. I'll start counting to 12 starting now!

All in the name of Fun!
  Willie

Blackmore

Re: Altec tasteing !
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2008, 01:29 am »
Willie,
Count me in for sure. I don't know if I'll be able take so much Altec "love" in one day. I can't wait.  See in a few weeks.  I'll need some directions so pm me as it gets closer to the 5th.

drummerwill

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2008, 01:37 am »

PM me for directions and be counted !   .......Gotcha Blackmore

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2008, 02:17 am »

...The other two systems are in the Dungeon ( Basement ) The Altec A-7's and the Altec 604-8K's. I've got a couple of amp combinations we can try with both speaker sets...

All in the name of Fun!
  Willie

Hey!

Man! Wish I could be there. :cry: I've always been fascinated by those old Hi-Ef multi way horn speaker system. :D

Would love to see if those Altec could turn that famous Maxell's poster into reality :wink:

Well, have fun guys! :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Freo-1

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2008, 02:34 am »

...The other two systems are in the Dungeon ( Basement ) The Altec A-7's and the Altec 604-8K's. I've got a couple of amp combinations we can try with both speaker sets...

All in the name of Fun!
  Willie

Hey!

Man! Wish I could be there. :cry: I've always been fascinated by those old Hi-Ef multi way horn speaker system. :D

Would love to see if those Altec could turn that famous Maxell's poster into reality :wink:

Well, have fun guys! :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Well put!

Didn't Paul Klipsch conduct a exibit back in the days of the Williamson amplifier where a demonstration was performed with live music vs. playback via the Klipschorn, and it was almost impossible to tell the difference?

Paul always said, "What this country needs is a good 5 watt amplifier"   :wink: 

alexstl

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2008, 01:07 pm »
Hi Willie,  If there is room I would like to sit in?  I could bring one of my vintage amps, the fisher 400 sounds good if we want to play a little.  I will watch for an exact date/time.  thanks, Alex

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2008, 01:19 pm »
Hiya Willie,

I'll try to come by early afternoon. Jeanine (my oldest) is singing several of the aria's from Mozart's Requiem that evening. I'm afraid if I miss that one, she'll dis-own me.

drummerwill

« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2008, 09:27 pm »

Blackmore, Alex, Scott, and Mike Eby so far !

Alex I've got a Fisher 500C I reworked the PS caps on thats Killer on the A-5's no need to bring any amps.

Willie

Sarmck

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2008, 09:57 pm »
What's up Will,

I forget, you don't live near the Dallas-Ft Worth area do you?  Never mind!!! 

Sounds like a good time to be had by all on the various Altec systems.

Have fun folks and maybe I'll catch the next round.

Ron 

MerRev

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2008, 11:52 pm »
hello Willie,

i've just been given approval so please count me in as well. :D
Can't wait to see little sister and the rest of the 45 family. 

Merrev

sturgus

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2008, 12:44 am »
Willie count me in. I might be a little late but I should be there by 4:30.
Sturgus

mark@marktwain

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2008, 01:34 pm »
Hey Willie,

I'd love to come over and give all the Altec's a listen. Put me down as a strong maybe.

Mark

daves

« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2008, 05:36 pm »
Willie, I'll be there for some good Altecs!

Dave

electricbear

« Reply #13 on: 25 Mar 2008, 02:32 pm »
Much as I would like to partake of your hospitality I unfortunately have to work. Maybe next time. Have fun

DeadFish

« Reply #14 on: 25 Mar 2008, 03:20 pm »
Like Tim, SOME of us have to work!  :wink:
Y'all have a great time, and I hope I get a raincheck for some other time, Willie!

Bill

drummerwill

« Reply #15 on: 29 Mar 2008, 07:09 pm »

Ok Guys looks like a gathering of about 8 so far I was planning for almost twice that many, but we'll see.  I'll send out a mass PM with directions soon.

Willie

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #16 on: 29 Mar 2008, 08:08 pm »
Willie

I'd love to come over - just not sure if I'll be able to make it or not and won't know until closer to the event.  Please go ahead and PM me the directions.

Bryan

drummerwill

« Reply #17 on: 30 Mar 2008, 01:38 am »
Will do Bryan !
 Willie

steve k

« Reply #18 on: 1 Apr 2008, 01:34 pm »
I'd love to come by to see the scientist's "laboratory'. Depends on Barbs labs schedule Saturday. We'll see.
steve

G

« Reply #19 on: 2 Apr 2008, 05:32 pm »
Count me in Will. The worse half will just have to deal with it. 8) I will bring along a pair of ICs to compare with yours.