Wadia Ipod Transport

*Scotty*

Re: Wadia Ipod Transport
« Reply #80 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:20 pm »
champ10,How close does a EAC copied CD-R when played back via the P -03/D-03 come to the sound of the same WAV file played back from the Wadia dock through the D-03?
At this point your clock accuracy may not be as important how well the D-03 rejects jitter and suppresses any audible effects to below the threshold of perception. I also don't understand if the word clock generator is used when you have the Wadia Ipod dock connected to the D-03 or not.
Scotty

champ10

« Reply #81 on: 23 Oct 2008, 02:05 am »
The sound of a CDR is closer to the iPod than the original CD, fairly close actually. But not quite all there. Close enough where changing out digital cables has the larger impact.

The Esoteric DAC slaves to the clock in whatever transport is being used. Unless that transport is an Esoteric in which case you have the option to slave the transport to the DAC clock via an extra word link cable.
Or, if you have both the Esoteric Transport and DAC you can slave them both to the external Rubidium clock.

In my case, when listening to a CD or CDR both the DAC and Transport are slaved to the Esoteric Clock. (0.05 ppb accuracy)
When listening to the iTransport/Esoteric combo the Esoteric is slaved to the Wadia clock.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #82 on: 7 Jun 2009, 02:18 am »
IMHO, and after several months of comparing CDs to iPod/Apple Lossless from the Wadia dock, the Wadia sounds better.  I have a theory about this...  Fewer errors in the data.  Apple's (iTunes) lossless rips (and probably those from other SW) are re-read multiple times to assure data accuracy; something you don't get with real time playback...