New Line Array

Ryan45872

Re: New Line Array
« Reply #40 on: 13 May 2008, 06:48 pm »
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I know what I'm saving my pennies for!!!
Ryan

klh

« Reply #41 on: 13 May 2008, 08:27 pm »
How tall are they? Having three of them behind an AT screen would be pretty cool :D. Of course the screen would have to be huge... but speakers like that deserve a large screen!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #42 on: 13 May 2008, 10:35 pm »
How tall are they? Having three of them behind an AT screen would be pretty cool :D. Of course the screen would have to be huge... but speakers like that deserve a large screen!

They could work in this scenario:

George

klh

« Reply #43 on: 13 May 2008, 10:56 pm »
They could work in this scenario...

George
Except for the fact that you already have some nice speakers for doing just that. Speaking of which... I don't see yours in that photo. Did they take a walk?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #44 on: 13 May 2008, 10:59 pm »

George
Except for the fact that you already have some nice speakers for doing just that. Speaking of which... I don't see yours in that photo. Did they take a walk?

I didn't want to post a picture with non-Selah speakers in it. 

They have not taken a walk.   aa

George

klh

« Reply #45 on: 13 May 2008, 11:18 pm »
Ahh... such etiquette!

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #46 on: 14 May 2008, 01:45 am »
Hello, I'm the Canadian guy

Thanks for the compliments!
The array is 13" wide, 60 1/2" tall. The box size is to Ricks specs, 12" x 8" but I decided to make the face 1/2" bigger on top and the sides to accommodate the copper channel that you see on the sides. After seeing  the drivers copper  color I decided that it would be nice a tie in to the dark cherry. The black fronts were put on due to my lack of veneer experience, but I think that the end result was great, as they were built from my garage! As far as sound is concerned, it will be a while as I haven't received the cross overs yet, but this is fine as I have not quite finished the second one yet and because I have to leave town for 2-3 weeks, there will be time to finish when I get back. These were fairly easy to build, with guidance from Rick, and as a project, they were great fun. If they sound half as good as they look I will be very happy.

Perry

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #47 on: 14 May 2008, 03:35 pm »
Very Nice!!

Rick is this what you were planning on dimension wise, when you build it in NC?  looks to be 16 in or so wide in front and how deep in back?

Need to hear from this customer on how it sounds.

Rob S.

Our cabinets are 12" wide and 8" deep. With the subwoofer base the total height is about 72".

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #48 on: 14 May 2008, 04:14 pm »
Those 3" are called "full range" by HiVi.
What's the Xover point on these and how low do they go?

Interesting implementation.

The crossover information is proprietary. Full measurements and specifications will be available when the crossover design is complete.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #49 on: 14 May 2008, 06:12 pm »
"Sounds" very interesting..... cost range??

$6k range.

Is that a kit price or assembled? Not that i'm thinking about building another set of speakers  :icon_lol:

mcullinan

« Reply #50 on: 14 May 2008, 06:16 pm »

$6k range.

Is that a kit price or assembled? Not that i'm thinking about building another set of speakers  :icon_lol:
You go Boooyeeee! Get busy immediately so you can bring them next month!
Mike

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #51 on: 14 May 2008, 07:02 pm »
Rick ... they look great!   Two questions ...

(1) Why did you put the cones on opposite sides of the ribbons, rather than side by side with the ribbons on either the outer or inner edges?  I would have thought that keeping all the cones adjacent would minimize the CTC spacing and thus give a smoother response.

(2) How do these sound / compare vs. your other arrays?

The drivers are arranged so that the image is exactly the same to the left and right of the speaker. As long as the crossover point is low enough the horizontal C-T-C spacing between the 3" woofers isn't an issue. The vertical C-T-C spacing is very small so comb filtering is minimized as well.

My thoughts on the sound will be posted later after the design is complete. I'm integrating these with 12" powered subwoofers that function as a base for the array.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #52 on: 14 May 2008, 08:50 pm »

The height can range from 63"-72" depending on how the base is configured.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #53 on: 14 May 2008, 11:06 pm »

George

I didn't want to post a picture with non-Selah speakers in it. 

They have not taken a walk.   aa

George

Hey George I am the forum dictator but democracy and other speaker pictures are allowed here.  :lol:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #54 on: 14 May 2008, 11:07 pm »

$6k range.

Assembled.